The Student Room Group

Asking a girl for her number in the street...would you?

Hey, so guys would you have the courage??? :p:
And if you have, tell us what happened! Personally, I would be very flattered, and if the guy looked nice and was a nice guy... I would! I would also appreciate the courage ha!

Scroll to see replies

meh
if she was good looking yh
Reply 2
Im a guy and would love to ask a girl for her number in the street. However, im likley to be thought of as a weird/potential paedo and get insulted for being so daring, which would put me off!
Reply 3
The closest I've come to was at a concert, the girl I was standing next to. What followed next was probably the best couple of months of my life followed by one of the greatest mistakes aha :frown:

I think i would have to at least talk to the girld first before I could dive in. It's something one day I hope i just do.
I would, but the group of friends always puts me off! :o:
Reply 5
If I was a guy, then probably. I usually don't have the guts to ask anyone for their mobile number.
I have done and I've got their numbers.
I would like to think I would, suppose there is nothing to loose really!
Reply 8
Done it a lot. It's fairly easy once you get over the fear of the initial approach. Once your in the moment its cool!
Reply 9
I'm sure girls would find it so flattering, especially if a guy approached a group and picked one of the girls out ha! I'm sure she would feel great : ) Guys, you shoulden't hold back, i mean who knows what would happen???!!!!
Go for it!
Reply 10
I've tried it a few weeks ago but got turned down ... :frown:

It was a really beautiful girl in Hammersmith who was also checking out phones in the Carphone Warehouse, she had the most amazing eyes so I spoke to her for a bit about smart phones and just told her she had the most amazing eyes (probs thought I was a nutter) asked if she'd like to get a drink or a bite to eat later ... No ... She was meeting her mates ...

Can I have your number to see if you are free another day? ... No ... She asked for mine and said she "might" give me a call ... I'm taking that as a no ... :rolleyes:

ho hum ... It's been cool in the past but struck out this time ...
Reply 11
I have never done and probably wouldn't, that is not to say that i am adverse to the idea. I wish I had that amount of self confidence and resistance to the fear of failure but unfortunately I don't.
Reply 12
I really dislike guys asking for my number in the street!
Especially when I'm on my own it's a bit intimidating
Reply 13
i would, but not if they are in a group of sort of 4+, jus cus if they get the giggles or sumat i wudnt know wat 2 think! n wud get embarrased lol
I've never done it and wouldn't be able to pluck up the courage to do it either :frown: Well, if I was asking on my own, that is...:awesome:
Reply 15
I always have a lot of respect for guys who do this (unless it's when they're so drunk they can hardly stand, that doesn't count :p: ), so I always give them a number, if not my actual one. That way they feel good about themselves and look good in front of their friends, and it's not until later (if at all) that they find out. And even then, they might just think I wrote it down wrong.. possibly. It also means they'll probably then have the guts to try it again, maybe to more success. :cute:
Cupcakee
I really dislike guys asking for my number in the street!
Especially when I'm on my own it's a bit intimidating

Do you prefer it when people shout for your number when you're drunk? :holmes:
huh. I know some1 who prefers to ask for an email. It's a little less personal and therefore people are less defensive about handing it out. I've never tried it, but i think i might just have persuaded myself to aha

but yeah i suppose what's the worst that can happen? Flirt- divert? :biggrin:
Reply 18
unknownking321
Do you prefer it when people shout for your number when you're drunk? :holmes:

No :smile:
I prefer giving my number to people that need it not pervy strangers. If you want to get to know me, start a conversation don't walk up and ask for my number
Reply 19
Guy_1991
i would, but not if they are in a group of sort of 4+, jus cus if they get the giggles or sumat i wudnt know wat 2 think! n wud get embarrased lol

Aw, well giggles is a good thing in my opinion haha :p:

Guys should have more self confidence, i mean surely most girls would like it????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending