Turn on thread page Beta

Asking a girl for her number in the street...would you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    That's okay then :cool:
    Do you like cupcakes? I could do with one now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flattered but I'd most probably think he was some sort of perv and do my best to get away asap :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Ohh c'mon, it's not that bad! What if the guy's never done it before and is scared out of his mind, having to walk over while his mates stand back in a big crowd watching.. surely it'd be better for him to be able to come back and go 'Haha, she couldn't believe her luck :cool: ' rather than fall flat on his face? When he eventually finds out, his friends will most likely have forgotten all about it, and he probably won't care that much anyway.
    Yeah, but there are some guys who do this a fair amount. When they are bored they don't hesitate to go approach a girl. And making it seem like all went well and then not giving the number whilst pretending you did is real crappy.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a wanna be PUA. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    It's happened to me once, I was just walking somewhere and he came up to me and said he liked my skirt...he was shaking, and sweaty, and I was like :lolwut: ...then he asked me if he could have a kiss, and I said no, so then he asked for a kiss on the cheek and when I said no to that as well he asked for my number. I was 15 at the time so I said, "you know I'm only 15 right?" and he was like "Oh my God, ****, really? I'm 35" :rolleyes:

I just came away from it feeling really...strange. And I thought there was something wrong with him tbh :tongue:

Maybe I would feel different if it was someone nearer my age and hot though...
    Jesus Christ.
    Tho to be fair, I have mistakenly talked to 15yr olds who look waaay older. As my boss always said; "if theres grass on the pitch...."

Those thoughts still make me feel wrong tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    Haha, I've heard rumours that people do that, but I never thought they'd be true! Obviously I expect conversation to be a given. Would you be immediately averse to giving ur number on the street then? What if the conversation was good, lots of laughing/chemisty?

In the fundraising job, the amazing fundraisers were amazing at picking girls up off the street. One of my mates got offered a quicky in the macdonald's toilets (hes a guy).
    I have never given my number on the street. I know I would get pestered. In fairness though, if a nice, pleasant guy held a nice conversation with me, I would be a fool to turn him down. Before though it has been big groups of guys that look like they are high, they see a blonde and decide to bother her.

Wolf whistling.. asking for number (without bothering with a conversation) is not flattering :mad:

AND HAHA ! quicky in mcdonalds toilets, classy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Do you like cupcakes? I could do with one now tbh.
    I do, do you like Barbie ?

ReputationRep:
    What? A random girl on the street?

No, I don't think anyone in any sane state of mind would. Though I did actually meet my current gf on a street .... well, in a market to be precise. There was a flower that I absolutely loved by the side and I reached for it, and luck had it that she did too. It was a funny moment, then. I could just see something .... well, something so soul-stirring deep in her eyes and it made me lose myself a little and just smile, smile uncontrollably.

Our hands touched....and well....our conversation sped off into so many different routes...flowers/music/college etc and just frankly amazed by someone so drop-dead-gorgeous, friendly and intelligent, I asked if she'd like to go into Nero's for a coffee....

She said she'd love to....and it was just the most magical moment of my life, I swear. We'd be lost in conversation, looking into each others eyes and just smiling and laughing with each other wildly. At the end, really naturally I guess, I just asked if she'd like to meet up again....exchanged numbers....and hey presto, been together for 2 years now! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Yeah, but there are some guys who do this a fair amount. When they are bored they don't hesitate to go approach a girl. And making it seem like all went well and then not giving the number whilst pretending you did is real crappy.

Tbh, you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Very generous indeed!

Personally I wouldn't just go up and ask a girl for her number; I'm not averse to striking up a conversation with a person at a busstop etc. but just asking for their number is a bit strange/creepy.
    Haha... yeah, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm going to guess you are.

Also, I don't mean I'd give a number to a guy who just came up completely out of the blue and goes 'Canihaveyournumberplease?' I mean the ones who make a bit of an effort, and try to start a conversation by paying me a compliment or asking a question or something...

ReputationRep:
    Wolf whistling.. asking for number (without bothering with a conversation) is not flattering :mad:
    Is there a lot of building activity in your area? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do, do you like Barbie ?
    :nah: I like my action figures.

Do you love the colour pink? And Is your life plastic and fantastic? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    If we'd had at least a bit of banter first then yeah why not. Probably not straight from the off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Is there a lot of building activity in your area? :p:
    Ha! No actually! Just overly confident people I guess :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Hey, were you on university challenge the other day? :rolleyes:

Yes I was.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=962673

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Haha... yeah, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm going to guess you are.

Also, I don't mean I'd give a number to a guy who just came up completely out of the blue and goes 'Canihaveyournumberplease?' I mean the ones who make a bit of an effort, and try to start a conversation by paying me a compliment or asking a question or something...
    Question. If the guys flirts well and is really fun etc... please tell me at least then you'd give him your number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    :nah: I like my action figures.

Do you love the colour pink? And Is your life plastic and fantastic? :holmes:

Ooh Do you like the little plastic guns and everything?

My life can be rather fantastic, I wouldn't say it is plastic though... :cool:

AND I LOVE THE COLOUR PINK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Yes I was.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=962673
    Cool, I only watched the intro. Did you win? What was it like?

ReputationRep:
    I have never given my number on the street. I know I would get pestered. In fairness though, if a nice, pleasant guy held a nice conversation with me, I would be a fool to turn him down. Before though it has been big groups of guys that look like they are high, they see a blonde and decide to bother her.

AND HAHA ! quicky in mcdonalds toilets, classy
    Obviously I'd never go that far (or that scummy tbh; nice southern boy), but sometimes when I was lazy I'd just say:
    "Wow, you're so beautiful, I'd just love to talk to you for 2 minutes"
    It was meant as a bit of a joke, but when i told my mates I'd said it, they were shocked/appalled. I don't think I'd ever use it in a proper social situation, but is it reaally that bad to say? I had moderate success in stopping people with it; but it might just because Leeds is full of students (who are nicer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)

Wait, what? The one's who've never done it before and are all nervous are the ones you should feel sorry for... not the ones who treat it like a sport, surely? The guys who'll approach any random girl when bored couldn't care less whether they get a real number or not - highly unlikely they're ever going to call!

Yes, yes you do. :p:

(Original post by Hopeful Waters)
    What? A random girl on the street?

No, I don't think anyone in any sane state of mind would. Though I did actually meet my current gf on a street .... well, in a market to be precise. There was a flower that I absolutely loved by the side and I reached for it, and luck had it that she did too. It was a funny moment, then. I could just see something .... well, something so soul-stirring deep in her eyes and it made me lose myself a little and just smile, smile uncontrollably.

Our hands touched....and well....our conversation sped off into so many different routes...flowers/music/college etc and just frankly amazed by someone so drop-dead-gorgeous, friendly and intelligent, I asked if she'd like to go into Nero's for a coffee....

She said she'd love to....and it was just the most magical moment of my life, I swear. We'd be lost in conversation, looking into each others eyes and just smiling and laughing with each other wildly. At the end, really naturally I guess, I just asked if she'd like to meet up again....exchanged numbers....and hey presto, been together for 2 years now! :o:
    Aw bless, that's incredibly sweet. Like something from a Colin Firth movie. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    Aw, well giggles is a good thing in my opinion haha :p:

Guys should have more self confidence, i mean surely most girls would like it????
    would you like it?! :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2012
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.