Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asking a girl for her number in the street...would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Cool, I only watched the intro. Did you win? What was it like?
    Yes we won 235c-60 against the Royal Vetinary College. It was a relief more to avoid the embarrassment of being knocked out in the first round when representing such a big institution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Haha... yeah, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm going to guess you are.

Also, I don't mean I'd give a number to a guy who just came up completely out of the blue and goes 'Canihaveyournumberplease?' I mean the ones who make a bit of an effort, and try to start a conversation by paying me a compliment or asking a question or something...
    I wasn't actually..

I agree about the second point though; it's actually interesting how many girls take questions like "when's the next train?" as cues to start an in-depth conversation...

ReputationRep:
    it would be nice for a guy to jus approach you in the street/shops/library lol aND strike up a convo and then if things r ok then ask for the numb. not str8 away cuz im most likely to say no X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    Obviously I'd never go that far (or that scummy tbh; nice southern boy), but sometimes when I was lazy I'd just say:
    "Wow, you're so beautiful, I'd just love to talk to you for 2 minutes"
    It was meant as a bit of a joke, but when i told my mates I'd said it, they were shocked/appalled. I don't think I'd ever use it in a proper social situation, but is it reaally that bad to say? I had moderate success in stopping people with it; but it might just because Leeds is full of students (who are nicer)
    To be honest, yeah anything to strike a conversation. First impressions are everything... a boy walks up and yells "CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER BABE" infront of his rather rank friends I would just smile and say no sorry I don't give it to strangers. If a nice young guy came up and started talking I would be much more likely to want to speak to him again
    I am from the South too aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Ooh Do you like the little plastic guns and everything?

My life can be rather fantastic, I wouldn't say it is plastic though... :cool:

AND I LOVE THE COLOUR PINK
    I do indeed, little plastic guns and cars. :yes:

Do you idolise Paris Hilton? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Yes I was.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=962673
    ooh! How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Aw bless, that's incredibly sweet. Like something from a Colin Firth movie. :cute:
    Haha, cringey no doubt :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Yes I was.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=962673
    Is that actually you? I love that programme, saw you sail through the first round. God, I'd give you my number if you asked in the street... :wink2: Haha.

b4 i started going with my gf, i always wanted todo something as random as that!
    Like not only good looking but look like they have a cool character. . ? if thats possible?

I think it would be the coolest way to ask someone/tell them your interested in them?
    not over the internet like these days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I do indeed, little plastic guns and cars. :yes:

Do you idolise Paris Hilton? :holmes:
    What an exciting interest !

Paris Hilton is too unintelligent to be idolized surely.

She is a sad example of a Barbie. Barbie had lots of careers you know.. Doctor, teacher, lawyer, olympic gold medalist, rock star,

YEAHH Barbie was a busy bee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    b4 i started going with my gf, i always wanted todo something as random as that!
    Like not only good looking but look like they have a cool character. . ? if thats possible?

I think it would be the coolest way to ask someone/tell them your interested in them?
    not over the internet like these days!
    Just do it. Build it up if you have to. Start by asking for directions if need be. Like where is starbucks etc. Then after that start with convos. Just cause you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't talk to other girls. I say have as many girl-friends (difference here) as you like.

ReputationRep:

She is a sad example of a Barbie. Barbie had lots of careers you know.. Doctor, teacher, lawyer, olympic gold medalist, rock star,

:eek: I didn't know that. She sounds busy!

Well here's a similarity. Doesn't Paris (:indiff:) have a lot of careers as well? Socialite, singer, actress, model? :holmes:

What would you like to do career wise? Become a WAG?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy_1991)
    would you like it?! :P
    Sure. If we got chatting before and he seemed a lovely guy...why not??? ha :p:

Seems to be a bit of banter in my thread ha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Waters)
    Haha, cringey no doubt :o:
    No, just really sweet, haha. I'd love it if something like that happened to me!

(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Question. If the guys flirts well and is really fun etc... please tell me at least then you'd give him your number.
    Yeah, I guess I would. If we talked for a bit and he was attractive and seemed like a cool guy, then yeah, why not? Never happened before, though. I seem to attract creeps/chavs, unfortunately.

(Original post by Teofilo)
    I wasn't actually..

I agree about the second point though; it's actually interesting how many girls take questions like "when's the next train?" as cues to start an in-depth conversation...
    Oh right, my mistake. 'Tis true, actually, I met a French guy at a bustop at 2.30am Monday night (well, Tuesday morning I guess) and we ended up talking for ages. We started talking because my head was in the way of the timetable he was trying to look at, and he asked if I'd move!

ReputationRep:
    Is that actually you? I love that programme, saw you sail through the first round. God, I'd give you my number if you asked in the street... :wink2: Haha.
    Sorry to side track the thread a bit.

But yes it is/was actually me. I am the person who appeared to answer 'sorry' to one of the questions. I have a summer job working for an electrical contractor working on building sites with lots of rude and crude builders and they don't let me forget that i am a 'lazy student'. Oh - and thanks , perhaps I should try asking girls in the street.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, yeah anything to strike a conversation. First impressions are everything... a boy walks up and yells "CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER BABE" infront of his rather rank friends I would just smile and say no sorry I don't give it to strangers. If a nice young guy came up and started talking I would be much more likely to want to speak to him again
    I am from the South too aha
    I think its the same for (some/most?) boys tho. Talking to a stunning girl from Wales, who then told me she had a "Yeasty Clunge" (as a joke), but still put me off. Those words should never be uttered by anyone.

Northerners are nicer, at least thats what I reckoned from my street adventure. Southerners are so stiff. Its a stereotype, but a true-ish one. Tho I was called a Southern Fairy a few times

ReputationRep:

Oh hai, can I haz your numbers pleasezz rox!!!one11.

:rofl:

On a serious note to this thread. I personally wouldn't but i've been approached by females many times though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    :eek: I didn't know that. She sounds busy!

Doesn't Paris (:indiff:) have a lot of careers? Socialite, singer, actress, model? :holmes:

What would you like to do career wise? Become a WAG?
    Paris hasn't worked for anything she has. Her Dad is famous so she became famous for being blonde and ditzy. She isn't amazingly successful in Modelling or singing or actressing to be honest

NO! I do not want to be a WAG :eek:
    Why would you think that?

I have no idea what I want to do after A Levels to be honest. I do have an interest in Business though and make earrings by hand and sell them, recently had a jewellery store interested in putting them in their store and sharing the money with me. So hey, who knows. :woo:

What career would you like?

You are slightly patronising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    I think its the same for (some/most?) boys tho. Talking to a stunning girl from Wales, who then told me she had a "Yeasty Clunge" (as a joke), but still put me off. Those words should never be uttered by anyone.

Northerners are nicer, at least thats what I reckoned from my street adventure. Southerners are so stiff. Its a stereotype, but a true-ish one. Tho I was called a Southern Fairy a few times
    AH how rude.. we are not stiff
    I must go up north at some point though to see what it's like...any places with good nightlife?
    And that girl from Wales sounds slightly retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Oh hai, can I haz your numbers pleasezz rox!!!one11.

:rofl:

On a serious note to this thread. I personally wouldn't but i've been approached by females many times though.
    You're a funny one :unsure:

Many times ayee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.