Many times ayee
    Always asking for directions though.

Spoiler:
    Show

They were always 35+ though except for one special one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    Hey, so guys would you have the courage??? :p:
    And if you have, tell us what happened! Personally, I would be very flattered, and if the guy looked nice and was a nice guy... I would! I would also appreciate the courage ha!
    Noooo...mainly because i don't look particularly nice lol, and would probably just creep the girl out.

Most likely the furthest i would get would be to approach her, mumble, squeak, go red, and jump in front of the nearest moving vehicle.

I'm one smooooooth player

Funnily enough though, once i've spoken to girl for about ten minutes, my confidence increases ten fold. It's cos my tactic is to make em laugh, i have a decent sense of humour if i say so myself Although nothing's worse then telling a girl a joke and her not laughing....ground, swallow me up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Always asking for directions though.

Spoiler:
    Show

They were always 35+ though except for one special one
    HAHA! Whaaat
    You sure people aged 35+ weren't just lost and not after your number ?

Special one ? Was she 85 ?

ReputationRep:
    I've had the things were you ask a girl for her number she says she'll take yours but then doesn't belive you've given her the right one so calls you there and then to make sure ... How odd!?!

Why would I ask for your number then give you a fake one!

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask for her e-mail address.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    Noooo...mainly because i don't look particularly nice lol, and would probably just creep the girl out.

Most likely the furthest i would get would be to approach her, mumble, squeak, go red, and jump in front of the nearest moving vehicle.

As long as you're well dressed, and clean-enough-looking, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd need girls to back me up, but confidence goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    HAHA! Whaaat
    You sure people aged 35+ weren't just lost and not after your number ?

Special one ? Was she 85 ?
    Nope they weren't after my number but they surely were after something I had, which they wanted . Must be my attire.

Nope she was about 18 . Passed her on the pavement, she couldn't stop staring - well ok it wasn't that bad but you know when someone is looking at you right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    I'd ask for her e-mail address.

squish.
    Must be a cougar though.

squish

ReputationRep:
    Paris hasn't worked for anything she has. Her Dad is famous so she became famous for being blonde and ditzy. She isn't amazingly successful in Modelling or singing or actressing to be honest

NO! I do not want to be a WAG :eek:
    Why would you think that?

I have no idea what I want to do after A Levels to be honest. I do have an interest in Business though and make earrings by hand and sell them, recently had a jewellery store interested in putting them in their store and sharing the money with me. So hey, who knows. :woo:

What career would you like?

You are slightly patronising
    I agree with your opinion on Miss Hilton.

That's impressive! If I was a girl, I'd consider buying a pair. Keep up the good work. :yy:

I'm one of those people who doesn't know what to do with their lives. Maybe one day my future will be clearer.

And sorry, I do apologize. :console: Friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)

Funnily enough though, once i've spoken to girl for about ten minutes, my confidence increases ten fold. It's cos my tactic is to make em laugh, i have a decent sense of humour if i say so myself Although nothing's worse then telling a girl a joke and her not laughing....ground, swallow me up!

Hahaha! Yes you do have a great sense of humour. Your post actually made me burst out laughing But a guess the giggles can't be stopped with giggles128 ha! :p:

You sound a lovelly guy, so i don't think you should fear it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    As long as you're well dressed, and clean-enough-looking, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd need girls to back me up, but confidence goes a long way.
    I'll back you up on that. Confidence + Humour + Good flirting skills and you will do very well. Confidence can only come by doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I agree with your opinion on Miss Hilton.

That's impressive! If I was a girl, I'd consider buying a pair. Keep up the good work. :yy:

I'm one of those people who doesn't know what to do with their lives. Maybe one day my future will be clearer.

And sorry, I do apologize. :console: Friends?
    Thanks

And hmmmm I guess :shakehand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    I'll back you up on that. Confidence + Humour + Good flirting skills and you will do very well. Confidence can only come by doing it.
    Unless you were born with it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Sorry to side track the thread a bit.

But yes it is/was actually me. I am the person who appeared to answer 'sorry' to one of the questions. I have a summer job working for an electrical contractor working on building sites with lots of rude and crude builders and they don't let me forget that i am a 'lazy student'. Oh - and thanks , perhaps I should try asking girls in the street.
    Haha, that's awesome. I'm most definitely trying out for the University Challenge team when I eventually get to university... Was Paxman as patronising and obnoxious as he comes across on TV in real life?

Haha, you definitely should. Although I admire the programme for its own merits, whenever it's on I can't help playing the 'Would I/Wouldn't I' game for all the male contestants. You were definitely a 'Would', as was Shaw (?) from the RVC. Wow, I'm shameless tonight. :p:

Yeahh, sorry for somewhat hijacking the thread OP.

ReputationRep:
    AH how rude.. we are not stiff
    I must go up north at some point though to see what it's like...any places with good nightlife?
    And that girl from Wales sounds slightly retarded
    Leeds was full of beautiful, young people (boys & girls), but apparantly Hull is a better night out (cheaper). I'm at York next year, which was unfortunately populated by a number of facially challenged people. On the other hand they have a chinese restaurant that becomes a club at night. With £1 jaeger-bombs and free prawn crackers it sounds amazing/terrible (not quite sure).
    Somehow managed to get asked out for a drink by 2 lovely French girls in Newcastle, which was quite nice. Especially as I was the only guy surrounded by (slightly) older French ladies, so maybe my view on Newcastle is skewed. Its bigger than i thought tho = more clubs?

In any case, i'm pretty sure they beat the local JAXX/TRU, or Harper's in Guildford. North is cheaper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Unless you were born with it. :yes:
    You aren't born with it. Nobody is. But you can have it from a very young age.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is the bombbbbbbbbbb!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    Newcastle is the bombbbbbbbbbb!
    Huh? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Huh? :confused:
    Woops! Meant to quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    Leeds was full of beautiful, young people (boys & girls), but apparantly Hull is a better night out (cheaper). I'm at York next year, which was unfortunately populated by a number of facially challenged people. On the other hand they have a chinese restaurant that becomes a club at night. With £1 jaeger-bombs and free prawn crackers it sounds amazing/terrible (not quite sure).
    Somehow managed to get asked out for a drink by 2 lovely French girls in Newcastle, which was quite nice. Especially as I was the only guy surrounded by (slightly) older French ladies, so maybe my view on Newcastle is skewed. Its bigger than i thought tho = more clubs?

In any case, i'm pretty sure they beat the local JAXX/TRU, or Harper's in Guildford. North is cheaper...
    ooh ooh, I don't know where to spend a weekend this summer with the girls, I will have a look around
    Was debating Brighton too wheyy South , ahhh I don't knowwww :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.