Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Poll?

ReputationRep:
    I dont like either really but out of the two then the first one. Though inksplodge's one from asos is better

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like either of them. They look a lot cheaper than they are, and like they'd not be very well fitted.
    I did like the asos one posted, however

ReputationRep:
    sequin is so not in anymore

ReputationRep:
    I think the second one would look great

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the first one

ReputationRep:
    To be blunt I think option 1 looks really trashy and cheap. Option 2 slightly better but I think it's a nice enough style on its own without being sequinned, something with quite a fancy shape like that could be worn in a simple colour with no sequins.

But then again I'm more understated than overstated with dresses so that would sway my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Neither, they both look a bit cheap. The one someone posted from asos is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    definitely the first one...

ReputationRep:
    Option 2 is gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia19)
    Hello all

Its my good friends birthday next month and he has hired out a few tables at a very swanky london bar...so I am trying to decide on a dress.

I want to go for an evening sequin dress (to wear with black patent heels) - that makes a statement and is sexy/sophisticated..so..

option 1:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arynk-LA-sequi...3A1%7C294%3A50

I really like this but I have two dresses that are pretty much exactly the same style as this (grecian draped) except without the sequins and the square back.

option 2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GORGEOUS-BNWT-...3A1%7C294%3A50

This is the one which I liked more initially - I know it is a bit louder but I would definitely be confident enough to wear it and its not similar to any of the other dresses that I have worn out.

Opinions pleeeasse? thanks

(and also I know the risk with buying from ebay but I have bought other dresses from their before and just got measurements etc )
    I really like the second one, the stripes are eye catching but I'm not sure about the sytle of it, the neck looks quite high rather than low cut and it might be a bit swamping. I like the one someone suggested on ASOS as the shapes better and the sequin skirt is just the right amount of sparkle I think. Plus that would enable you to wear more jewelry as you'd be wearing less sparkle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia19)
    Hello all

Its my good friends birthday next month and he has hired out a few tables at a very swanky london bar...so I am trying to decide on a dress.

I want to go for an evening sequin dress (to wear with black patent heels) - that makes a statement and is sexy/sophisticated..so..

option 1:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arynk-LA-sequi...3A1%7C294%3A50

I really like this but I have two dresses that are pretty much exactly the same style as this (grecian draped) except without the sequins and the square back.

option 2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GORGEOUS-BNWT-...3A1%7C294%3A50

This is the one which I liked more initially - I know it is a bit louder but I would definitely be confident enough to wear it and its not similar to any of the other dresses that I have worn out.

Opinions pleeeasse? thanks

(and also I know the risk with buying from ebay but I have bought other dresses from their before and just got measurements etc )
    the first one looks a lot better, get the first one

ReputationRep:
    don't really like either but the first is the lesser of two evils

ReputationRep:
    Secondddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you look like and what sort of general style you have. Both kind of have the potential to look cheap- the second one more so- but if you dress it up right either one would be okay. Go for the one that fits best with your style, really, and that you'd feel more confident wearing.

I'm not really one to talk, though- I own a vintage 80s power dress covered entirely in blindingly-bright emerald sequins. ; D I do love a sequin or a thousand.

ReputationRep:
    Option 2 definatley!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Don't like either, but the asos one someone linked to is lovely in both colour options

ReputationRep:
    Second one. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    neither of them, they look awful. like shiny bin bags... if you have to pick one go for the first one.

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Sequin...t=-1&clr=Multi i prefer this one! :tongue:
    Agree I like the one from asos better

ReputationRep:
    i prefer the second one, and i have to say i'm not keen on the asos dress. but then again i believe you can never have too many sequins!

(Original post by cazamatazz)
    I'm not really one to talk, though- I own a vintage 80s power dress covered entirely in blindingly-bright emerald sequins. ; D I do love a sequin or a thousand.
    wow! (in a good way!)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.