Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Naturally my hair is a dark blondey mousey browny sort of colour and a few years ago I got fed up and dyed it dark brown. After a couple of years of that, and of the nagging of my mother, I bleached it and dyed it back to blonde.

Only trouble is, now its grown out more, you can see it doesnt match and I now have half blonde, half light brown hair. Its not attractive.

My question is, if I dye it dark brown again will the bleached hair take it as well as the natural hair? Because I tried a light brown dye once and it lasted for a couple of washes (it was permenant) before you could see the two-tonedness again.

So if I dye it again, will I just end up with more noticeabley two toned hair?

(apologies for the lack of apostrophies, my Firefox has broken)

ReputationRep:
    God knows. Seems a bit mixed up, best to ask a hairdresser

ReputationRep:
    You have two options:

1. Try it.
    2. Ask a hair stylist.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely suggest you consulted a hairdresser before doing anything drastic. I always thought bleached hair absorbed more colour because it was so porous but don't tale my word for it.
    Edit: I wrote through for thought.... its late!

ReputationRep:
    Get it done professionally. If you do, it probably won't come out two-toned.

ReputationRep:
    It'll probably still come out two-toned if you dye it again - see a professional.

ReputationRep:
    I've dyed my bleached hair lots of times, usually a dark brown because end light brown just ends up looking a bit mousey. It normally works ok but then always gets a bit of a green tint after a few weeks or the blonde starts coming through!!
    I'd dye it dark and hope for the best, but if you don't want to risk ruining your hair..ask a hairdresser!!

ReputationRep:
    Righto, I shall try the hairdresser then, thanks guys

(I didn't mention it earlier, but where the blonde is I'm also growing out a loose perm.. so I have mousey brown and straight/wavy on top, and curly blonde underneath - it's not attractive :p:)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.