Turn on thread page Beta

Oldest guy you would date/ have a relationship with? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Yeah, but however old you are you get a younger age..
    Nah, the line suggests that a 12 year old girl is suited to a 13 year old boy, and that 14 year olds are matched. That's the early teen cutt-off, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    6 years older.

There is one acception though:

Bono.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    Bono.
    And the crushes come pouring out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like guys who are younger than me (18) so older if definitely better. As long as they aren't going grey, and succumbing the inevitable boring old fart syndrome then why not? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    And the crushes come pouring out.
    A girl can only dream.

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally a fan of the traditional approach - a taller, older male and a shorter, younger female.

Call me close-minded if you will.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently 18, and I would not date a younger guy. Under no circumstances. As for the oldest man I would date, would need a 12 year age gap or less, currently putting that number at 30. Although I suppose mid twenties, with immense maturity, would be preferable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    I'm personally a fan of the traditional approach - a taller, older male and a shorter, younger female.

Call me close-minded if you will.

This is indeed prefered, not close minded.

ReputationRep:
    interesting that age seems to play quite a big part.

are you meant to tell your prospective partner your age before start 'going out' or something?

Personally were I to date I obviously could not date someone younger than 18 (illegal) and in all honesty probably could not date somebody younger than me - would feel quite odd!

I'd place more importance on financial independence than variables like age (though again it would be difficult to ascertain how financially independent they were since I'd need to review their credit history).

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    So, I should look forward to mainly college pussy in my twenties? Interesting, not like i'm going to complain though! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    For me, probs about 4 years younger, 6 years older. So 20-30.
    But really, I'm not that fussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Personally were I to date I obviously could not date someone younger than 18 (illegal)
    Err...do you mean 16?

ReputationRep:
    i'm 19 and definately no-one younger!

My age limit would be 32-33. Wouldn't go past that to be honest.

Personal maturity plus the maturity of your friends has a lot to do with age in my opinion.
    If you've got immature friends you're going to be hearing "sugardaddy" a lot!

I hate the way people scrutinise ages though- "omg shes only 20 and he's 35, old enough to be her father".
    Thats old school rubbish! Its happiness that counts in the end.

15ish years older for relationships, so around 33, but to last a while it would have to be pretty special. Up to mid-40s for things with no strings.

(Original post by menton)
    Im 23 but still feel young - I was just wondering if there was an age limit that girl would go for and if so what it would be?

In my opinion people mature at different rates and age shouldnt be a big factor.
    i'm 16 and i'd say between 15 and 20

ReputationRep:
    I think 24.

ReputationRep:
    46. I like older men. Gotta be younger than my parents, though.

ReputationRep:
    late 30's
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Born in the same decade as me, please.

I was born in 1987, for the record.

(I might stretch to 1978 if I was feeling generous)

ReputationRep:
    I think up to 40.

I'm easy going though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.