Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oldest guy you would date/ have a relationship with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    i hear you :love:
    is it wrong that him as Snape is oddly sexy?
    Nope. It is odd, but he is sexy.

PS. I dated a 25 year-old when I was 18.. he wanted commitment, as in, to move in together, and I was NOT ready for that... age wasn't a factor though.. it was more about maturity.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, almost 18, so 21 would probably be my limit. For now. I don't have a massive problem with age gaps for others though as long as the youngest person is at least 17 or 18.

ReputationRep:
    Im 16, and a 26 year old asked me out!!!!!
    He was lovelly but too old : (
    I think 24 is the limit for me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, and i think probably between 18 and 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyhaz)
    Early 60's - Alan Rickman ♥

(That's the age, not the decade...)

But special cases aside, maybe thirty-ish?
    Oh god yes. :love: Alan Rickman!
    I'd say late thirties. It's hard to pick a specific age though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21, 35 is probably the limit.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, early 20's. In terms of life experience, I think an ex-student wouldn't have much in common with lil ol' fresher me. After university, I'm much more open.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm only 25 in Sept, so hoping that girls at Uni either won't notice there's a little age difference, or won't mind it if they do.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    if i halved my age and added 7 i'd get 16 which Is YOUNGER! lol
    You do realise the equation is supposed to give a lower bound, don't you? That is, the youngest person it's acceptable to go out with, so the "half your age and add 7" thing is correct... despite being absolute bullcrap.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19. 22 max

ReputationRep:
    When the guy in question and my dad can have an hour long conversation about the good old days then i know ive gone over the age limit.

ReputationRep:
    im 20, the oldest i would is 30

ReputationRep:
    I would limit to around 24/25 I reckon. I am about to turn 19.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, oldest I would go is 19, 20 at a push

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and was recently asked out by a near 25 year old, I think he's a bit too old for me. I'm not sure what my limit would be, it depends on the person really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17...probably 24/25 max but it depends on how mature they are and what they want in life etc etc. Age doesn't play a big part to me but i do go for older guys because (by and large- there are exceptions!) they are more mature than guys my age, and being quite mature myself it helps if they match that.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not sure really. I think I'd go a few years older. In some ways I'd prefer a guy in my year, but at the same time older (sometimes) means more mature, which could be a good thing.
    I don't think I'd go above 22 or 23 (I'm 17), which I think is pretty old for someone my age.

ReputationRep:
    Im 23 and I'd say from 20 - 34 range

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and I guess the ideal 'range' would be 19-24/25ish...any older probably wouldn't work, for reasons other than ones specific to age. Ideally 21-22 I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.