Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Oldest guy you would date/ have a relationship with? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know tbh. The older you get, the less wierd an age gap seems.

im 18 and seeing a 30 yr old. it is a bit weird cos he feels like he's too old to go clubbing and im just starting to get into it. also he's got this really good job and ive never had one. oh welll

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 20. My limit would probably be 23-4.

Age is important, some people who are older than their partner may subconciously 'look after' their partner or talk down to their partner, as age is often associated with authority.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and I would easily date a man who was 33 (:love:) but I don't think I could date someone much older than 33 - maybe 35 at a push.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by nuodai)
    You do realise the equation is supposed to give a lower bound, don't you? That is, the youngest person it's acceptable to go out with, so the "half your age and add 7" thing is correct... despite being absolute bullcrap.

Uh. YES, hence I was correcting the original poster of the equation, as this thread (incase you didn't notice) is called "oldest guy you would date/ have a relationship with"

ReputationRep:
    I'm 27 and I rarely get interested in guys older than me. The oldest one I've ever been with was 26 at the time. I like them young!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    For the girls - half your age and add seven. Up until a point anyway.
    but then the oldest person i should go out with is 16... im 18 :/
    i would say 29 is probably the oldest i would go for, but this is unlikely and it depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, ideally wouldn't date anyone younger than 19 or older than 25. But depends who I fall for really!

ReputationRep:
    19-25 :yep:
    Although I'd maybe go a year or two older.

ReputationRep:
    Phew, this thread makes me feel a bit relieved, haha!!

Not priced myself outta the game by being 24, then! :top:

ReputationRep:
    all my boyfriends have been 24 upwards ..but its not like im gonna not go out with someone if i like them if they are like 35 so it depends;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    i hear you :love:
    is it wrong that him as Snape is oddly sexy?
    I know what you mean exactly :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    i hear you :love:
    is it wrong that him as Snape is oddly sexy?
    Nothing is wrong when he's involved...

ReputationRep:
    Not really keen on a girl older, but wouldn't say no. Ideally, a girl, at most, four years younger.

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 when I got with my bf who was 23 at the time. He generally goes for younger girls, not intentionally, as he sometimes is quite immature in some ways for his age (like most men).
    I also usually go by - if you half your age & then add 7 onto that, the number you get is the youngest aged person you should go out with. E.g. If you're 20 then 20/2 = 10 + 7 = 17 (youngest person you should go out with). Not that I think everyone should do it, I just think it works quite well. Just do what you feel is right

ReputationRep:
    im 18, i would say the oldest guy i would ever date...would be about 21. Anything above would just make me feel old (partly due to the fact that i wish i was still like 14!!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.