Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe that star signs can actually determine what your traits and characteristics are? or do you think that it's just a load of rubbish?

I found a site where you have to put in your birthday, and even time of birth, and it then gives you a very in depth description of yourself. I found that the vast majority was spot on. A few parts were false though, well i hope they were because it said i would cheat on my wife (sorry, love).

Do you think that the only reason people think the star signs apply to them is because you subconsiously want to believe that it's correct?

Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Who knows..

I am a Leo so supposedly
    - Confident
    - Ambitious
    - Generous
    - Loyal
    - Encouraging

But bad points...
    - Pretentious
    - Domineering
    - Melodramatic
    - Stubborn
    - Vain

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how a star sign COULD determine traits. I don't believe in them at all.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I find them largely accurate but you have to combine western with chinese, and look at your risings, and time of birth, and so on to get a proper detailed description.

I find the daily horoscopes a load of tosh though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Who knows..

I am a Leo so supposedly

But bad points...
    - Pretentious
    - Domineering
    - Melodramatic
    - Stubborn
    - Vain
    you sound lovely :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I find them largely accurate but you have to combine western with chinese, and look at your risings, and time of birth, and so on to get a proper detailed description.

I find the daily horoscopes a load of tosh though.
    i don't understand the risings and things. :confused:

if it says nice things i tend to take it in, if it don't i kind of skip it because it must be lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    you sound lovely :rolleyes:
    hey hey!
    That isn't what I am.. what I am meant to be like

DID you see the good points too ayee :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    hey hey!
    That isn't what I am.. what I am meant to be like

DID you see the good points too ayee :cool:
    don't blame the stars fro showing you for what you really are! :p:

and i didn't see the good points. damn my selective reading.

ReputationRep:
    don't blame the stars fro showing you for what you really are! :p:

and i didn't see the good points. damn my selective reading.
    Am not vain. Am stubborn though, not melodramatic, forgotten the others

Ahhhhhhh I'm horrible :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe that star signs can actually determine what your traits and characteristics are? or do you think that it's just a load of rubbish?

I found a site where you have to put in your birthday, and even time of birth, and it then gives you a very in depth description of yourself. I found that the vast majority was spot on. A few parts were false though, well i hope they were because it said i would cheat on my wife (sorry, love).

Do you think that the only reason people think the star signs apply to them is because you subconsiously want to believe that it's correct?

Hmm.
    I personally don't believe it at all

What's the website? :P:

Well, if I read my star sign and it said something good was going to happen of course I would hope that it came true - and it's not like the paper would say a tonnes of bad things were going to happen would they?

ReputationRep:
    some are accurate
    reading my star sign and can sort of agree to some of it, to how i am and act
    but then different places say different thing for which each star sign means

the daily stuff and that are just bull i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaBread)

Well, if I read my star sign and it said something good was going to happen of course I would hope that it came true - and it's not like the paper would say a tonnes of bad things were going to happen would they?
    the paper ones suck balls. the interweb ones are good. i'll try find the link...

ReputationRep:

Hmm.
    Which website was it? I'd be interested to have a look.

ReputationRep:
    i shall seek it.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely identified with the character traits associated with Virgos, however I don't think daily horoscopes are accurate at all.

ReputationRep:
    haha googled taurus and got this:
    "Key characteristic: Determination
    Strengths: Hard-working, honest, brave
    Challenges: Intractable, short-sighted, bullying"

Well I am determined, hard-working, honest - maybe not too brave :P:
    I am short-sighted
    But bullying?? - seems a bit random

ReputationRep:
    Hm, i dunno - i don't really see how what time of year your parents decide to have sex without a condom determines your characteristics - and i find a lot of the "horoscopes" etc related to star signs are realllllly general and could mean "almost anything" - however i do know someone who is quite into star signs and is quite convincing at relating peoples characteristics and personality traits to their star sign...but :hmmmm: not convinced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaBread)

(Original post by Heir-Head)
    Which website was it? I'd be interested to have a look.
    http://www.0800-horoscope.com/birthchart.php

ReputationRep:
    I am a Taurus. Please predict my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I am a Taurus. Please predict my life.
    I haven't got my crystal ball with me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.