Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to approach a girl in public? Watch

Recently Ive been trying to increase my confidence with girls and one way is by trying to approach them in public. Girls whats the best way for a guy to approach you? What you they say? What would tempt you to possibly giving them your number?

ReputationRep:
    If they drop something, pick it up for them :ninja: lol. Not that I'm talking from experience.

(Original post by mel0n)
    If they drop something, pick it up for them :ninja: lol. Not that I'm talking from experience.
    lool haha yeah sure...
    but people/girls help me out here :P

ReputationRep:
    I would advise against doing that. The girl might be in a relationship, uninterested, offended, gay, etc. Don't just assume all the girls in the street are available.

And don't approach them unless you're super cute. They will get freaked out and won't be tempted to give you their number. Again, unless you're extraordinarily good looking or their type, refrain yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    I would advise against doing that. The girl might be in a relationship, uninterested, offended, gay, etc. Don't just assume all the girls in the street are available.

And don't approach them unless you're super cute. They will get freaked out and won't be tempted to give you their number. Again, unless you're extraordinarily good looking or their type, refrain yourself.
    Well what's the worst that could happen if they're not available? You have to expect a certain amount of rejection.
    Also, how would you know if you were 'their type' having never met them?

ReputationRep:
    "nice rack"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently Ive been trying to increase my confidence with girls and one way is by trying to approach them in public. Girls whats the best way for a guy to approach you? What you they say? What would tempt you to possibly giving them your number?
    Oi *****, get in the car?

ReputationRep:
    Keep your penis in your trousers at all times.

(Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Don't just assume all the girls in the street are available.
    So? I think the OP is also talking about approaching girls to make friends with not to getinto their undies. And I thought girls love gays..... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asclepius)
    Keep your penis in your trousers at all times.
    Plus don't get the chloroform out too early. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If some random guy came up and talked to you i would think he is some weirdo. There is confidence and then just being a freak.

ReputationRep:
    just make sure it's clear you aren't campaigning for help the aged or asking for spare change and i think normal conversation would suffice

ReputationRep:
    Well you walk up to a girl and say "Hey" if they notice you they'll say "Hey" from there you strike up a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    Well what's the worst that could happen if they're not available? You have to expect a certain amount of rejection.
    Also, how would you know if you were 'their type' having never met them?
    Well you could assume you're their type if they send you certain vibes, now "vibes" are just relative and as you say, you can never know for sure. It's a risk.

ReputationRep:
    Chloroform and a damp cloth.

Failing that, only approach them in say a club/pub, and in doing so its best to have a friend with you so you don't look like a stalker, and probably best if theyre with someone as well, as they'll be more confident..

ReputationRep:
    What you do is:
    You go up to the girl and ask "can u buy me a pizza"
    she will say, "what?"
    You say, "im broke and hungry and could really do with a pizza, from the place round the corner"
    the girl says "you mad i aint gonna buy you a pizza, i dunno if you know but you're supposed to buy me a pizza"
    you say, "ok, if ur asking to buy me one"

DATE SORTED

ReputationRep:
    Cover yourself in chocolate. :drool: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Just say hi then ask a question, such as where is this or ask for an opinion on something then your in a conversation, just continue it by taking whatever they say and running with it.

Your at HMV looking at CDs.
    For example: What do you think of this band?
    Her: blablabla there good I went to see them blablabla
    You: pick up on the fact she went to see them and you say: oh where did you see them?
    what was that like?

Its called having a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rushhour72)
    What you do is:
    You go up to the girl and ask "can u buy me a pizza"
    she will say, "what?"
    You say, "im broke and hungry and could really do with a pizza, from the place round the corner"
    the girl says "you mad i aint gonna buy you a pizza, i dunno if you know but you're supposed to buy me a pizza"
    you say, "ok, if ur asking to buy me one"

DATE SORTED
    Boy: Buy me pizza, please...
    Girl: *Walks faster*

FAIL. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "Get in the van or I'll kill your family."

Then go Fritzl on her ass.

Disclaimer: Don't do this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.