Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to approach a girl in public? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrilol)
    "How does my mysterious cloth smell?"
    Ahh, that joke just never gets tired, does it, even though it comes up, at least once, in every single thread that involves approaching girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Disagree, you do it right. And it's high reward. Whilst I'm no PUA, one of my friends is, and he does it all the time. And he rarely fails to get even the hottest girls number. And his 'opener' is always an opinion.

if you can do it right it's probably high reward.
    but how many people can do it right? most do not even get to the stage of declaring thier true intentions when going indirect because something often goes wrong.

she's in a hurry, walking around, you are attempting to stop her when she's got somewhere to go, ingage her in a long drawn out conversation when she wants to leave, and somehow appropriatly switch the conversation at some point and get her number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    if you can do it right it's probably high reward.
    but how many people can do it right? most do not even get to the stage of declaring thier true intentions when going indirect because something often goes wrong.

she's in a hurry, walking around, you are attempting to stop her when she's got somewhere to go, ingage her in a long drawn out conversation when she wants to leave, and somehow appropriatly switch the conversation at some point and get her number.
    Like I said, you approach women who are relatively stationary. Waterstones is a good place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    No we're not stupid. But by the time she's realised that you're chatting her up, you'll already have initiated the conversation and have your 'foot in the door', so to speak. Maybe it's just me, but if a guy approached me and told me I was cute/that he fancied me I would immediately find him less attractive.

maybe so you would find the guy less attractive, but personally i find being direct much more fruitful than being indirect and less emotionally draining.

i'd personally want to get a quick rejection there and then if she has a bf rather than put all my energy into the interaction and then find out after 5/10 minutes that she has a bf or is not into me.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, you approach women who are relatively stationary. Waterstones is a good place!

you can only visit a shop so many times without buying something before staff get suspicious of you.

yeah, you can do this but if you limit yourself to shops you limit your targets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    you can only visit a shop so many times without buying something before staff get suspicious of you.

yeah, you can do this but if you limit yourself to shops you limit your targets.
    Lol, don't preach to me. I can and will approach a girl anywhere. I'm giving OP ideas.

Lol, don't preach to me. I can and will approach a girl anywhere. I'm giving OP ideas.
    lol, whats your success rate for approachng girls? Is it easier when friends are/are not around?

ReputationRep:
    i would advise walking, they might be a little put off if you approach on a segway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol, whats your success rate for approachng girls? Is it easier when friends are/are not around?
    Lol, don't view it as sucess rate or failures. But I do it both with friends and alone. And I do better alone funnily enough. It's really a question of not coming off as a creep and being funny and flirty. I'm naturally a flirty kind of guy, always teasing and touching and so on and it seems to do okay. Just have fun with it and be confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmas12)
    First, walk up to her in a really odd way, like ive never done before, and some how cant get out of walking in such a weird way, and wondering wtf "WALK NORMAL!!!!".
    Secondly, say hi, but ofcourse the voice will break at the most humiliating moment.
    Thirdly completely forget everything i had thourght of sayin to her and panic and talk about the weather, 30 secs later awkward silence the Rejection occurs and the world spins again, as she says "byyyyyeeeee"

Smooth :cool:

What you think to that, would it work???
    Haha that would make me laugh so much! :p:
    Id give you my number, just for making me giggle :p:
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    Ahh, that joke just never gets tired, does it, even though it comes up, at least once, in every single thread that involves approaching girls.

It'll get old when people stop making threads asking how to say hello : (

Because approaching people is hard right? >.>

ReputationRep:
    I think 99/100, approaching a girl randomly on the street is a bad idea. Would seem a bit creepy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.