Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Back pain remover. Help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Whilst warming up for a session of basketball, I was doing the cobra stretch. http://img4.cookinglight.com/i/2008/...0803p68d-s.jpg

After a couple of seconds my back really ached in the middle area. I slowly tried to find a stance which wouldn't cause aching, which was crouching. However, it still hurt a bit & occasionaly I felt like I couldn't even breathe as my lungs felt like crushed from the ribs.

Its been 9 hours and still hurts like hell unless I sit with my back straight against a chair.

How the **** do I get rid of this. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh help!!! Pretty please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Have you taken pain killers?

I think pain killers and an attempt at sleep is the best plan for now, it sounds like you may have pulled a muscle and we all know that there is no miricle cure for that.

ReputationRep:
    Pain killers plus a heat pack on the area that hurts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Have you taken pain killers?

I think pain killers and an attempt at sleep is the best plan for now, it sounds like you may have pulled a muscle and we all know that there is no miricle cure for that.
    Nah but is it wise to take them?

Is it a heat pack or a cold pack?

ReputationRep:
    u might have pulled your muscle. Try 'Deep Heat'. Or Ibuprofel gel on the sore bit. If pain still presist after 4 or 5 days, go and see your doctor.

Consult the pharmacist before trying ibuprofen or Aspirin if you're asthmatic or had stomach uncer before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight)

You should be fine with some pain killers, i cant see why it would make any difference.

You can use either a heat or a cold pack if you want to try one. I used a heat pack last time i did in my back.

ReputationRep:

A heat pack as it helps to relax the muscles. A cold pack is usually to stop swelling.

ReputationRep:

I think heat pack is better. It soothes the pain. It also dilates the blood vessels therefore more supply of O2 and nutrients to damaged area.

ReputationRep:
    An anti inflammatory? Ibuprofen will do the trick!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.