Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please recommend some music tracks for a person in need. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

Okay, I've just got a new ipod nano (never had an mp3 player before :o: ) and I don't know where to begin at all. I usually only ever bothered to look at a few of the most popular tracks on youtube from time to time, but that was all .... none of it really interested me

So it'd be great if you lot recommended me some good music please. I absolutely HATE rock music....and am not really into the indie/emo culture that everyone our age seems to feel so passionately about... but if it's amazing, who knows - I might be swayed! :woo:

Erm, I absolutely love simple(without alot of background music, natural voice, guitar, maybe a few drums) calm/ soulful/vibrato in music Erm, I quite like a few of Tracy Chapman's tracks (fast car for ex), but I particularly like ... hmm...soulful/country/calm music (alot of what they play in cafe's like neros/starbucks really appeals to me for some reason, so soulfully stirring and uplifting :o: )...

A few tracks that I love!! = Duffy:

And her rockferry,

amy winehouses 'love is a losing game' for example, some of eva cassidy's tracks too ....

I've got a £20 itunes card, so i'm willing to buy as much as I can RIGHT NOW!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Adele's songs.

ReputationRep:
    Try some radiohead maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYu5...om=PL&index=22
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "Hope"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Waters)
    Erm, I absolutely love simple(without alot of background music, natural voice, guitar, maybe a few drums) calm/ soulful/vibrato in music Erm, I quite like a few of Tracy Chapman's tracks (fast car for ex), but I particularly like ... hmm...soulful/country/calm music (alot of what they play in cafe's like neros/starbucks really appeals to me for some reason, so soulfully stirring and uplifting :o: )...
    Go for some good old James Taylor, or his son Ben Taylor also has a nice voice.
    Or go for more well known singer/songwriter types like James Morrison, Jason Mraz etc
    Get some Sigur Ros if you like calming music
    Or Jack Johnson is also good, and Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap,
    And I found a random person on iTunes who is really good, called Matthew Barber, have a listen! Quite good looking as well

Hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabaz99)
    Go for some good old James Taylor, or his son Ben Taylor also has a nice voice.
    Or go for more well known singer/songwriter types like James Morrison, Jason Mraz etc
    Get some Sigur Ros if you like calming music
    Or Jack Johnson is also good, and Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap,
    And I found a random person on iTunes who is really good, called Matthew Barber, have a listen! Quite good looking as well

Hope that helps a bit
    Thank you so much! So so much!

ReputationRep:
    Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid

ReputationRep:
    If you like folkish music at all, you need Bob Dylan.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty_P)
    Thanks, but that's exactly what I don't like - it's almost rap and the voice just seems so monotonous! Sorry, but I think I prefer calmer, more soulful, vocally controlled and simple songs. :o:

ReputationRep:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)

:coma:
    Aww, thanks so much - I actually love that! Gonna buy it now!!

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay

ReputationRep:
    I'll second whoever said imogen heap, anything by her & froufrou is stunning :love: Regina spektor, Richard Walters (voice to die for) ingrid michaelson, joshua radin & Kate havnevik are awesome too. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I hope this works.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but that's exactly what I don't like - it's almost rap and the voice just seems so monotonous! Sorry, but I think I prefer calmer, more soulful, vocally controlled and simple songs. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thanks so much - I actually love that! Gonna buy it now!!
    Wow, really? I have so much more to show you. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty_P)
    Good Lord, no!

ReputationRep:
    Do you like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    I'll second whoever said imogen heap, anything by her & froufrou is stunning :love: Regina spektor, Richard Walters (voice to die for) ingrid michaelson, joshua radin & Kate havnevik are awesome too. Hope that helps
    I ******* LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!

Thank you - honestly, I'd never look at these without you guys!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.