Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been the "other" man/woman? watch

• PS Helper

PS Helper
    Basically as I just found out that a guy friend of mine cheated on his gf with me, I didn't know he had a gf, and he was all like I've liked you for a while nd everything

So has anyone else been in a similar situation?

or has anyone knowingly been the other man/woman?

ReputationRep:
    yeah. it's such a turn-on.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, yes.
    It's not a good place to be.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with a guy who I knew had a girlfriend, but nothing further than a kiss.

ReputationRep:
    Im lucky i havent, but i dont think its something you can blame yourself over as if you werent told, its another matter if you knew however.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Im lucky i havent, but i dont think its something you can blame yourself over as if you werent told, its another matter if you knew however.
    I didn't know at all... I guess i'm mostly like "oh"
    the whole incident was planned on his part for sure... "take rainbowbex out... get her drunk...see what happens" :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I didn't know at all... I guess i'm mostly like "oh"
    the whole incident was planned on his part for sure... "take rainbowbex out... get her drunk...see what happens" :P
    Some people have so little respect for people, well you cant blame yourself in this instance. He is the one that needs the blame.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Some people have so little respect for people, well you cant blame yourself in this instance. He is the one that needs the blame.
    mmm.. (i'm just guessing that was his thought process... tbh I have no idea what goes on his head... I knew we were going out to get drunk... (his idea) but he might not have been aiming for something to happen

ReputationRep:
    I would never knowingly be the other woman. I think its a wretched thing to do.

Id never like it done to me, so id never knowingly allow it to happen to someone else.

In addition, if I ever found out that I was the other woman, the girlfriend/wife would be informed and theres no way id stay with the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm still deeply ashamed of what I did; I don't think the shame will ever go away.

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy split with his girlfriend for me, I felt so bad, I said I couldn't date him because of her. So they are back together now horay

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I knew she had a boyfriend as well. But I liked her, and her bf was a knob

ReputationRep:
    Funniest thing I ever heard was "omg you're so much better than my bf"

Still makes me laugh now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :yep: I've slept with many girls fully knowing they're in a relationship. Mind you, at the same time the girls themselves were the 'other' women as I too was in a relationship. So it's all good

ReputationRep:
    Yup. I felt bad for the guy... for 10 seconds. He was an absolute prick.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by timetokill)
    I would never knowingly be the other woman. I think its a wretched thing to do.

Id never like it done to me, so id never knowingly allow it to happen to someone else.

In addition, if I ever found out that I was the other woman, the girlfriend/wife would be informed and theres no way id stay with the guy.
    It was a one night thing... I wasn't sure whether or not to tell the girl..

If I'd known I don't think it would have happened!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Yup. I felt bad for the guy... for 10 seconds. He was an absolute prick.
    Why'd you feel bad for the guy? yeah he isn't the best person in the world but I already knew that

ReputationRep:
    I sort of have, but I don't feel too bad about it because as far as i'm concerned the cheating party is 100% to blame. they're the one with the responsiblity and the commitment and someone refusing to aid them in the cheating doesn't make them any less of an ******* for being up for it.

for the record i've been cheated by every partner i've had and I don't blame the other woman in any situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Why'd you feel bad for the guy? yeah he isn't the best person in the world but I already knew that
    I was referring to the guy who the girl I was with was cheating on.

As for your situation. It's up to you really. If you are willing to be the mistress then go ahead. Just know that if you get found out there can be a MASSIVE **** storm.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 13 I stole a girl's boyfriend. Booyah!

.... Post-puberty, not really. I once made out with on a night out someone who I didn't know very well, and it turns out he had a longterm girlfriend and they split up over it. I don't feel very guilty though as I had no idea she existed and he should have told me about it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.