The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep... I'm sleeping with my best friend's girlfriend.. who happens to be my ex from a few years ago.. and the girl i'm in love with.

I'm going to hell. :frown: I've put a stop to it now..
Reply 21
No but I've been punched in the face because I was standing next to the 'other man' in a lovely little incident where a girl obviously was too drunk to point accurately.
Reply 22
yea, slept wit some one on ma course after a course nite out and wen she was seen walkin into earlier lecture nxt day wit me in the same clothes, her bfs m8 hu was also on my course knew exactli wat happend. told the bf the bf confronted her. she couldnt lie to him...... this confused me, as she cud easily jmp into bed like. anyways ended up in a confrontation in the uni gym and he started on me. lol was quite funny except for me endin up bein barrd frm the gym n nearli gettin kickd outta uni. and btw i didnt even no him and i never knew she was seein him either.
wood never knowingly do it.... well i hope not lol
Reply 23
Frequently.
I think I have. I thought he was still with his girlfriend at the time, but after he told me he'd broken up with her a week before. He then told me weeks later that he'd lied and he'd actually broken up with her the day before. Now since us getting together was completely unplanned, that's just too convenient - I think he broke up with her afterwards. I think they would have broken up soon anyway, so it's not like I broke them up, but still.
Reply 25
punktopia
Frequently.

Sure thing, buddy.
Reply 26
Symbea
Sure thing, buddy.

Yeah, I'd make things like that up to boost my internet-cred. :rolleyes:
Reply 27
Yes, sadly. Twice. First time I did knew he had another, second time I didn't.

(It was with two different guys..)

NEVER again. NOT proud of it. A year after, my ex cheated on me, and I suddenly understood how very wrong it was to be the "other". I still feel it's the one cheating that is mostly to blame, but I would never be "the other" again.
If the person wants you so much, then s/he can dump his gf/bf and then be with you!
Yes.

I met an older guy on the internet when I was 15. I thought I was in love with him. When I was 17, he revealed that he had a girlfriend, but he made it seem like he wasn't that into her and was only with her because he couldn't physically be with me at the time. I believed that he would break up with her, so I stuck by him. I moved to his area later that year, and we started seeing each other physically (while he was, of course, still seeing her). And, I'm embarrassed to admit it, this continued for three years. He would spend every weekend with her, and one or two weeknights with me. I never got to meet any of his friends or family, and I'm sure he never acknowledged by existence to anyone he knew. As far as I'm aware, she never had any idea that he was cheating on her for the last three years of their relationship.

Why did I do it? **** knows. I was convinced I was 'in love' with him for the longest time, and he would occasionally tell me that he loved me, so I clung on to whatever affection I could get. I was very lonely, had no friends (he was stupidly possessive), no attention from other guys, very insecure, so I just held on in the hope that he would break up with his girlfriend for me.

I eventually had enough, joined a dating site, and met an amazing guy (whom I'm now in a fantastic relationship with, by the way). I broke up with the first bloke, he acted like he was devastated and said things like 'I was so sure we would eventually end up together...'. Ironically, he broke up with his girlfriend shortly after. Just what I had always waited for, huh?

He added me on Facebook recently, it turns out he has a new girlfriend the same age as me, whom he also met online. He seems to treat her like a princess. She has no idea about his past. He will end up hurting her. I just hope it doesn't take her five years to realise the truth about him.

(No need to tell me how stupid I was. I know.)
Reply 29
Yes, was seeing a guy, then he came to a wedding at the place where I work, and introduced his girlfriend of 4 years. How considerate :smile:
onthejubileeline
Yes. I'm still deeply ashamed of what I did; I don't think the shame will ever go away.

Snap. He was ALOT older than me too :frown: I think it about it all the time and its horrible :frown: it makes me feel sick thinking about it now :frown:
Reply 31
Yeah, although I wasn't aware of it when we first slept together. We did carry on sleeping together when I was aware she had a partner though which probably makes me a bad person. It tore me up inside though and I definitely wouldn't do it again or recommend it to anyone with a conscience. Things worked out eventually though as she split up with her boyfriend and we've been a proper item now for about a year and a half now. We're both changed people now who have matured quite a bit now (although i'm sure not everyone who knows what my girlfriend did believes that...)
Reply 32
ummm i was when i was younger but didnt realise he had a girlfriend, she turned out to be a bit of a psycho and called me every day crying asking if id slept with her boyfriend and refusing to leave me alone for about 2 weeks. it was a real nightmare, i felt absolutely awful, so i lied and said nothing had happened.

more recently (i hope to hell none of the people concerned use tsr) i got with one of my best friend from home's uni flatmate/closest friend (we go to the same uni) and then it turns out he is kind of seeing someone, but he said it wasnt official and that he was pretty much just using her. it happened a few more times that my friend didnt really know about but has stopped since my friend found out and told me that if the girl involved knew she'd be gutted and that they're much more of an item than i'd ever be told.
i met her on a night out one time with the guy and my friend and she came up to me and was like 'you're beccy, yeah? we have LOADS of friends in common on facebook!!' which has to be the least subtle example of facebook stalking i've ever experienced. she was very very nice, but had a strange fringe.

i feel like a right bitch after writing those now.. ergh.

edit // i have also been cheated on, and it hurt so much that i don't think i could ever bring myself to cheat on anyone.
Yes :frown:
Not that I'm aware of.

Though I may have just forgotten about it. Tragic.
Reply 35
When I was about 14 but since I've been older no; you end up hurting yourself in the long run and even if he leaves his gf to be with you it will always be in the back of your mind that he could do it again.
I would never be the "other woman" (or rather "the bitch" as they should be referred to-read Beat The Bitch if you don't know what i'm on about).

That said i do sympathise with some woman who have no idea they are the other woman. But i think as soon as you find out you are you should do the right thing and end it.
Reply 37
n0c0ntr0l
I was referring to the guy who the girl I was with was cheating on.

As for your situation. It's up to you really. If you are willing to be the mistress then go ahead. Just know that if you get found out there can be a MASSIVE **** storm.

oooh.. That makes sense now :smile:

I'm NOT willing to be a mistress... i'm really annoyed at him actually..... soo... there probs be a **** storm anyway :P
I have once when i was quite a bit younger. I was stupid. I found out the guy had a gf quite early on but he told me he would dump her for me and stupidly, i believed him. Needless to say i was left both heartbroken and looking like a complete bitch.
No, I haven't. I would never (well I hope I would never) get with someone I knew had a girlfriend because even though I have never been cheated on (to my knowledge), imagining that happening in my current relationship makes me feel sick, so I would never willingly be a part of that hurt.
When the guy doesn't say anything though and you don't know about the girlfriend well then I think that guy has put you in a really horrible position. Although you shouldn't feel guilty, you shouldn't let it happen again!

Latest

Trending

Trending