Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey everybody....i just firmed my offer n now i am confused about the accommodation...im planing to go for either of the three;

1.JOC
    2.Point exe
    3.King edward studio

ill be opting for 51 week contract...but the studios at point exe looks nice and spacious so i dont mind taking 44 and then probably extend it or move to some other acc for 4-5 weeks...so i just wanted to know how is it socially and what is the ratio of postgrads & undergrads there...and how far is it from business school as il be coming for international management.
    Also wanted to know the same for JOC.
    Theres another thing m worried bout that is being living in a studio makes you isolated from the rest??

any suggestions/advise are highly appreciated!!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    James Owen Court is about 15-20 mins walk from Streatham Court, where the Business School is based. I didn't meet any postgrads in my year in there, which was in 2007-2008. Socially it's ok. Not the best. Depends on who you get living with you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't live in a studio, cos you really WILL be isolated from everyone else. I think anywhere in halls is pretty sociable. I know people who lived in JOC when I was a fresher and they all really enjoyed it and formed a large group of friends from their corridor and surrounding flats.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.