Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A couple of months ago someone put this business card through my letterbox. I thought nothing of it and put the thing away.. but came across it today whilst tidying.

Did anyone else get one of these? Anyone know what it's for?

Through a Google search I could only find this building project in Leeds.. but I can't see how it card relates to my card. It was put on hold in 2008.. anyone have any idea about what's happening with it now?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/5218614.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/7498572.stm

I also found this website, which just shows the business card spinning round.
    http://www.lumiereproject.com/

ReputationRep:
    Lumiere's in trouble as the developer, KW linfoot, is in admin. The depositors on the apartments have not been refunded, and so atm the project is still only on hold, with no firm date on continuing. That said, foundation work has already commenced so failing to build it now would be a shame, although it might be seen as throwing good money after bad.

The building will be located on the site of the old Central station, on Whitehall road leading into the city centre. If you look on multimap the site is at the end of the abandoned railway viaduct to the north of City station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scanningforlifeforms)
    Lumiere's in trouble as the developer, KW linfoot, is in admin. The depositors on the apartments have not been refunded, and so atm the project is still only on hold, with no firm date on continuing. That said, foundation work has already commenced so failing to build it now would be a shame, although it might be seen as throwing good money after bad.

The building will be located on the site of the old Central station, on Whitehall road leading into the city centre. If you look on multimap the site is at the end of the abandoned railway viaduct to the north of City station.
    So you think this is directly related to the card I recieved? I only got it 2 months ago.. and the project seems to have stopped mid last year. Why would they be sending them to people in Northamptonshire anyway?

ReputationRep:
    dunno, probably something else, but that's what i know of La Lumiere in leeds.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but I've seen their logo around Leeds.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.