Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I joined the gym just over a month ago in attempt to lose some weight and improve my general fitness. I've cut my daily calorie intake as well and am making an effort to cut out unhealthy foods. A month on I've lost 11lbs and have lost about 3 inches off my waist. I've noticed a general improvement in my fitness levels =) At the moment I go to the gym atleast 5 times a week. I usually do about 40 minutes on the treadmill, 10/15 minutes on the bike and x trainer and then i spend some time working on my stomach and arms. My workout differs depending on how much time I have etc. I just basically want to know if this amount of weightloss is ok in the time I've been going or should I be doing more to lose more weight? I'm not sure how much i should be losing and stuff so I'm a bit confused! I also want to know what is the best kind of exercise to do to tone up my stomach?

Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    apparently 2 pounds a week is the most you should be losing. thats only if your overweight though!

tone up stomach is running and various exercises just google abdomen exercises...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.