Turn on thread page Beta

Why is feminism so negative and so hard for guys to accept? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering why men regard feminism as negative? Is it because they are affraid that one day we will have equal rights and maybe even outsmart them in the workplace? Or is it because they are stupid enough to believe that all feminists hate men because they think they're shallow?

ReputationRep:
    It's not the equal rights thing that's a pain, really most guys are for it. It's just feminism is usually associated with extreme views
    (like changing the word "woman" to "womyn" so that it's not a derivative of "man" anymore... some of the stuff is just ridiculous)

Not to mention that much of the time feminism tries to argue against scientifically proven facts, like how men are more physically fit than women on average... and they always scream BIAS BIGOTRY OPPRESSION whenever someone tries to disagree...

ReputationRep:
    I think its because there are a few very irritating feminists who just bash all males. They are the ones who write female power on their posts, or claim female superiority in conversations, and insult guys for no reason aside from gender.

At least, they piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't regard feminsim as negative. I think it's excellent and I fully support it.

I don't agree with the idiot women that destroy the whole point of feminism by being man-haters.

It's all about equality and freedom, but some women use it as a way to cause more of a divide :s

ReputationRep:
    God, I'm sorry, but that's pathetic. Most feminists aren't extremists or go around insulting guys. You just made a very big generalisation based on maybe a couple of people.

ReputationRep:
    your post is so agressive. if people genuinely want equality of opportunity, then that's what they need to talk about.

when you go on and on about women's rights and not sexual equality, of course some men are going to be threatened. language is super important. 'feminism' says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    God, I'm sorry, but that's pathetic. Most feminists aren't extremists or go around insulting guys. You just made a very big generalisation based on maybe a couple of people.
    I didn't say it was true or that I believed it to be true. All I said was that it's associated with extreme views... ask around there really is a connection between the two in most guys' minds (whether justified or not)

I know it's a generalization, I'm just answering your question.

ReputationRep:
    I Dont mind Social Feminists or Liberal Feminists. Even Marxist feminists I can live with.

But radical feminists just make me cringe. I believe they embarrass us women. They honestly believe that they should rid the world of men. They believe in conception outside of the womb without men present in any of the process.

Quite frankly, we can't live without our men and radical feminists portray women and more liberal feminists in a negative view.

Late night gross generalisations.... love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I was just wondering why men regard feminism as negative? Is it because they are affraid that one day we will have equal rights and maybe even outsmart them in the workplace? Or is it because they are stupid enough to believe that all feminists hate men because they think they're shallow?
    That's why. Men aren't simple, toots.

Women can have equality, most us don't give a ****, you just turn this phantom into a pathetic insult that we're too immature to want female equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocious)
    your post is so agressive. if people genuinely want equality of opportunity, then that's what they need to talk about.

when you go on and on about women's rights and not sexual equality, of course some men are going to be threatened. language is super important. 'feminism' says it all really.
    wft?? Sorry but I disagree with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    I don't regard feminsim as negative. I think it's excellent and I fully support it.

I don't agree with the idiot women that destroy the whole point of feminism by being man-haters.

It's all about equality and freedom, but some women use it as a way to cause more of a divide :s
    :congrats:

Yeah, many people think of feminazis when they hear the word "feminism" - but it annoys me too that they use the few extreme examples to generalise about everyone else. BUT a lot of women do that, too, so you shouldn't talk about it as though it's only men. Indeed, most guys I know are really lovely people who already view women as equals (indeed, most of my friends are male).

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't know why people are hanging onto the label, it's just not important enough to argue over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocious)
    ^THIS! Feminism is so unnecessarily aggressive (women haven't been oppressed anywhere NEAR as much as many groups... jews, blacks, etc have all had MUCH worse times than women)

Plus feminism demands social equality yet denies men the same thing. Women acting as men in how they dress and act are seen as "progressive" while men who want to dress as women are "creepy" and if they want to be a stay at home dad (traditionally a more woman role) they are "pathetic".
    Yet it still declares that MEN hold WOMEN down in every way... It's just very biased in most men's minds.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're all making ridiculous generalisations based on a couple of radical feminists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I think you're all making ridiculous generalisations based on a couple of radical feminists.
    Have you actually read your first post? Take a serious look at it and what I and everyone else has been saying about many feminists militant/aggressive attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    And I think that you think you have the power to decide what the word 'feminist' means. I agree, it's irritating, but the meaning of a word is defined by its use within society and nothing else. You define a feminist to be someone who fights for equal rights for women, most people define a feminist to be a radical man-hater (very probably with the addition of some other stereotypes). This may not be correct etymologically or historically, but you can't really change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    No, we're basing it on your original post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I think shut up and listen to the answers people are giving instead of assuming that we came here with the intent to insult feminism.

Feminism=aggressive+extreme

It doesn't matter whether it's a fair thing to say or not because that's the connection most people make when they hear feminism.

Chill out, you asked a question about why something is disliked what did you expect us to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    I think shut up and listen to the answers people are giving instead of assuming that we came here with the intent to insult feminism.

Feminism=aggressive+extreme

It doesn't matter whether it's a fair thing to say or not because that's the connection most people make when they hear feminism.

Chill out, you asked a question about why something is disliked what did you expect us to say?
    I dont think youre in a position to tell me to shut up. If someone gave me a constructive answer, I might listen. But most people here seem to make generalisations and assume that all feminists act like men and that we all hate them and want to take over the world. What nonsense.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.