This discussion is closed.
Ice
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Is everyone pleased with their test scores? I found out I made a 5 on SL Chem. I started to jump up
and down, I was so happy. Anyone else would like to share his or her own experience?

Ice
kenvelshi
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
5 in sl math methods

i deserved a 2. i'm telling you now that there's no way that i got more than a 50% on that exam. i definitely got less than 70% on paper 1, and less than 40% on paper 2. i'm not being modest.
i am convinced now, and i never was before, that the ib must bell-curve upwards if too many people do badly.

the best part is, i made my university condition (go ib!)
Mansur Ali Abba
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I'm happy with most of my grades. Here's what I got:

Physics HL.................: 6 Mathematics HL.........: 5 Norwegian A1 HL......: 5

Economics SL.............: 4 Computer Science SL..: 5 English B SL................: 7

Computer Science EE..: C Theory of Knowledge..: B

That gives me a total of 33 points (including one bonus). I was expecting to get better on EE and in
Comp.Sc. but I f*cked up paper 1 in Comp.Sc. so I'm satisfied. I'm thinking of complaining about my
EE, but have to discuss it with my teacher/supervisor first. Overall, I'm quite happy with my
diploma (especially considering that I had some personal problems in my family during my IB-years).

For those of you who might remember some of the first messages I posted here, I have during my final
IB year improved my Physics HL grade from 2 to
6. A big thanks to all those who gave me advice and motivation to improve, and congratulations to
all who earned their diploma through hard work!

Mansur Ali Abbasi Oslo, Norway

Ice <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Is everyone pleased with their test scores? I found out I made a 5 on SL Chem. I started to jump[/q1]
[q1]> up and down, I was so happy. Anyone else would like to share his or her own experience?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Ice[/q1]
Jengou
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Woohoo! I passed HL Math! *dances the Macarena* Mucho happy with myself, since the Math exam paper 2
was so friggin' hard, and I really needed that 4 to get into University of Birmingham and do
Business Commerce with Japanese. Anyway la, here are my scores if anyone is interested...

Math HL: 4 English A2 HL: 6 Economics HL: 6

Norwegian A1 HL: 7 Chemistry SL: 6 Biology SL: P

Economics Extended Essay: B TOK: C

Result: 0 points. Results pending.

The 0 points was what I saw first, and I nearly fainted. Then I saw it was because my Bio score was
pending ^^;; Saa, I got a 7 on my Bio mock, so I'm not way too worried. My EE was pretty much what I
expected, but I was hoping to get a B in TOK as well, since I've been predicted a straight A the
entire 2 years. I guess my teacher wasn't strict enough *shrug* I'm quite happy with my grades in
general, especially the Math grade ^^

B in extended essay and C in TOK gives one extra credit point, right? I can't remember...

Jennifer Lee
kenvelshi
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
english a1 hl - 6
french b hl - 7
european history hl - 7
math methods sl - 5 (a very pleasant surprise!)
environmental systems sl - 6
economics sl - 6
ee - A, tok - B = 3 bonus

yay, i met my lse conditions. i'm gone from canada for good now!
Mansur Ali Abba
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Yes Jennifer, that's correct...B and C given one bonus point! Congratulations!

Jengou <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Woohoo! I passed HL Math! *dances the Macarena* Mucho happy with myself, since the Math exam paper[/q1]
[q1]> 2 was so friggin' hard, and I really needed that 4 to get into University of Birmingham and do[/q1]
[q1]> Business Commerce with Japanese. Anyway la, here are my scores if anyone is interested...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Math HL: 4 English A2 HL: 6 Economics HL: 6[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Norwegian A1 HL: 7 Chemistry SL: 6 Biology SL: P[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Economics Extended Essay: B TOK: C[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Result: 0 points. Results pending.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> The 0 points was what I saw first, and I nearly fainted. Then I saw it was because my Bio score[/q1]
[q1]> was pending ^^;; Saa, I got a 7 on my Bio mock, so I'm not way too worried. My EE was pretty much[/q1]
[q1]> what I expected, but I was hoping to get a B in TOK as well, since I've been predicted a straight[/q1]
[q1]> A the entire 2 years. I guess my teacher wasn't strict enough *shrug* I'm quite happy with my[/q1]
[q1]> grades in general, especially the Math grade ^^[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> B in extended essay and C in TOK gives one extra credit point, right? I can't remember...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Jennifer Lee[/q1]
Robbo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Well done guys! (that's EVERYONE)

in article [email protected], PeaceLveVB at [email protected] wrote on
11/7/02 10:21 AM:

[q1]> Hey y'all,[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I'm pretty happy with my scores, too. I'm only upset about 1, and I think my teacher is going to[/q1]
[q1]> complain about it.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> English A1 HL - 5 Bio HL - 5 US History HL - 4 Spanish SL - 6 Art/Design SL - 6 Math Studies SL -[/q1]
[q1]> 7 TOK - B Art EE - C[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I'm VERY happy about the bio grade... I left the exam crying because I knew I had done so bad. I[/q1]
[q1]> was worried that I would not get enough points in HL to get the diploma. The 4 in history is the[/q1]
[q1]> contested grade... my teacher predicted that everybody in my class would make at least a 5 (and[/q1]
[q1]> that is the usual grade for our school). Also very happy about the math grade.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Meagan[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads