6.25%
    Jump into 1:30PM train's path and die
    0%
    Do nothing and not board
    12.50%
    Other (explain below)
    6.25%

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who didn't see the previous thread, PART I is here: Who do I kill?

I couldn't wait a week in that room, staring at those two other prisoners while I finished up my food supply. Mr. V had finally fallen asleep in the middle of his room after those difficult hours of noisy panic, and the pale Mr. O still just sat there. I decided to do what most of the voices in my head were telling me -- shoot the poor crippled man Mr. O in the head.

I went to the table, grabbed the pistol with three bullets and approached the door to Mr. O's room. I took one more look through the window at that miserable fool, drooling so unsuspectingly at the ceiling, with his left hand gnawed to a fleshy mess. I knew that once I opened that door, there was no turning back -- I would be a killer.

I opened it, and a violent stench of putrid decay invaded my nostrils. I was doing this wretched shell of a man a favor by killing him. But alas, I had never fired a gun before, and while I figured shooting him in the head would be most humane, I could not bring myself any closer to that ghastly sight. I had taken only a few steps past the door and aimed the pistol as best I could. With my hands trembling, I was pulling the trigger...

Boom. I am met with a bloodcurdling scream as I realize my bullet did not hit the dormant beast within that chair. As quickly as it ricocheted off the wall, Mr. O's eyes pop open and his jaw snaps open like an angler fish awaiting its prey; it pounces out of its chair with a hellish agility, and in an instant, this seemingly crippled creature Mr. O has me pinned to the floor with a glass shard only centimeters from piercing my carotid artery.

I gasp for breath as the blood from Mr. O's left arm slathers over my body, and beyond a stream of drool, my eyes meet his as if they were consciously asking themselves which of their owners wanted to survive more than the other. It is a true struggle -- my pistol lies on the floor next to me as I desperately grasp for it. Just as the blade cuts skin and more blood flows, I reach it!

"Aughhhh!" Two shots! Mr. O collapses as I black out.

"Congratulations for eliminating Mr. O. Unfortunately for you, in your encounter, you have been infected with his neurodegenerative virus."

I wake up to the voice of Mr. Terrorist as I realize I'm bound to an operating room table with the whitest of lights directly in my eyes.

"As it so happens, our employer is the one that developed this deadly virus. We are the only ones who know it exists. And we are the only ones with the treatment. If you do not take the pill we provide you every three hours, you may very well end up like Mr. O -- a most unfortunate victim of 'severe dementia and late-stage psychosis.'"

I groan in agony.

"So if I killed Mr. V?"

"The same may have happened. You see, he had early-stage viral exposure, while Mr. O, as you can imagine, was exposed for a much longer time. Either way, I assure you, you will want to take your pills. That being said, we now have a mutual relationship -- we're saving your life hour-by-hour, so like friends, we expect you to reciprocate."

Mr. Terrorist continued: "Here's where you listen very carefully, my friend. when you wake up, you will be in City Y Underground Railway Station in possession of a suitcase. I want you to board the 8 PM shuttle to City X, where you will receive further instructions from our contact. You should heed this -- do not under any circumstances open the suitcase until instructed. Follow my instructions to the letter and do not deviate from our course."

"Wait, what's in the suitcase? I can't do just anything for you people! You need to tell me more, no no no!"

"Relax, my friend. Let's look at this way. You've already gone so far as to kill a man for you and your woman's freedom. So now that you've crossed that line, anything else would pale in comparison. Take comfort in that my friend."

"Where the heck is Mrs. Girlfriend?" I ask.

"She's safe. For now. Remember your medication and good luck."

Lights out. And I wake up handcuffed to a strong locked briefcase, managing to catch a quick glance at the station clock, as I touch the train ticket in my jacket pocket. 1 PM. I have 7 hours before the 8 PM train.

My face and extremities start to twitch as I quickly swallow one of the pills in my pocket. All better. There's one more left in there.

What do I do?

POLL ABOVE! Let's consider each real-life day as one in-story hour, so we can keep this up for a week. Hope the story's getting better...it's up to you all! . Hope it was interesting enough to read too btw...enough suspense I hope!

SUMMARY FOR YOU LAZIES: you wake up in city y underground railway station handcuffed to a suitcase & you're instructed to board a train to city x @ 8PM with further instructions & further medication for your illness that needs constant treatment. make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    Other:

Fall asleep through reading what felt like a thesis.

Sorry, but is there a shorter version?

[EDIT] Thanks for the tl;dr version. I'd board the train as instructed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Other:

Fall asleep through reading what felt like a thesis.

Sorry, but is there a shorter version?
    yah i updated it with a shorter version. some ppl were really into the first one so i expanded the length haha but yeah the short one should do it.

It's 3:30 am; sorry but I cba to read all that..

Edit: Sorry, just realised that you made a shorter version. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    It's 3:30 am; sorry but I cba to read all that..

idk times vary in diff places lol. anyway i updated w/summary. you wake up in city y underground railway station handcuffed to a suitcase & you're instructed to board a train to city x @ 8PM with further instructions & further medication for your illness that needs constant treatment. make a decision.

oh, also your gf (apparently she's your gf, you've forgotten everything) is hostage.

ReputationRep:
    what if the police officers work for these people? i would board the train for now and then figure out what to do once the train in en route to city x b.c i've got 2 hours to decide. unless...of course.....the suitcase has a bomb that's supposed to explode before i exit the train. omg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhukranti)
    yah i updated it with a shorter version. some ppl were really into the first one so i expanded the length haha but yeah the short one should do it.
    it was long but worth it b.c i was into the 1st one. but next time try to slim it down b.c we're lazy ********* so seriousy be considerate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.