Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    about how people perceive you? From a personal perspective I think I care too much about how people think of me. For instance, I would never go to school in a banana outfit, despite the fact that I've always dreamed of doing this. How does one not give a damn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    about how people perceive you? From a personal perspective I think I care too much about how people think of me. For instance, I would never go to school in a banana outfit, despite the fact that I've always dreamed of doing this. How does one not give a damn?
    It depends on my mood and what type of people I am around.
    If I am near a bunch of *****y snobs that spread rumours then i would slightly care about how people percieve me. If i was near easy going people I would dress in banana suit lol

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately yes. Deep down, everybody does, no matter how much they deny it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Unfortunately yes. Deep down, everybody does, no matter how much they deny it.
    I'm sure there are people who don't, and these fortunate ones should share their secrets.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are people who don't, and these fortunate ones should share their secrets.
    Use moar autism?

That's the only thing I can think of to not care about what others think... and even then not all autistic people are like that

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. I think it's just a facade that they claim they don't care what people think as a sort of protective barrier; because they know that they're just as vulnerable as everybody else - and they don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    when u r at younger age, u do care a lot what people think of you ,but as you grow and gain more experience,u dont care that much anymore,which is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cxjcjj)
    when u r at younger age, u do care a lot what people think of you ,but as you grow and gain more experience,u dont care that much anymore,which is good
    I thought it was the opposite lol.

ReputationRep:
    U dreamed of wearing a banana suit Lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care what people think, I used to alot but then I went through things that made me stronger against things like that and I don't really care now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes...On a gap year and... When I'm walking back from the town centre by myself after I finish work and I'm surrounded by kids coming back from school in groups and they're wearing nice clothes and looking pretty. I always feel a bit embarrassed by myself. I always think if I actually look like a self-concious person when I'm feeling it... Does anyone else wonder the same thing?

I sort of sort out these problems by thinking "I'm better than them because..." e.g. I'm smarter, I'm older etc... gives me a self confidence booster most of the time... Recently I've become a bit more care free... but it's after work I feel like this. At school I could've walked in like a banana and not cared had I not risked getting suspended for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the opposite lol.
    no,i dont think so,but its from my own experience though

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I went into a chat with the name 'p*domonster' it was funny how everyone was like you're 60 blah blah blah.

I don't really care that much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Nah, I went into a chat with the name 'p*domonster' it was funny how everyone was like you're 60 blah blah blah.

I don't really care that much
    Surely that wasn't a inreallife situation...

ReputationRep:
    Surely that wasn't a inreallife situation...
    Yh, it happened like 30 mins ago

ReputationRep:
    Random people on the streets, no, but I care how people will treat me so I try to leave not too bad an impression on those I will see again.

ReputationRep:
    I care about what my friends think of me, but not other people.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBkS8dyWxk

ReputationRep:
    Everyone does and if they say they don't then they are lying.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I would agree with what some people have said - everyone cares to a greater or lesser extent.

I'd also agree that it's worst in your teenage years, but then you start to care a bit less as you get older.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.