Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

I don't give a damn what people think of me...

That's why I would wear a banana suit to school I just haven't found one yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Nope.

I don't give a damn what people think of me...

That's why I would wear a banana suit to school I just haven't found one yet...
    There's a shop near me sells a BananaMan outfit! Complete with BananaCape! I SO want it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzyG)
    There's a shop near me sells a BananaMan outfit! Complete with BananaCape! I SO want it!
    So do I...:eek:

Where do you live?...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    So do I...:eek:

Where do you live?...:rolleyes:
    Hehe, Loughborough - gogogogo!

ReputationRep:
    i do, but not in ways like what i wear, what i watch or what music i listen to. I don't feel the need to lie to people to impress them like most of the population.

ReputationRep:
    To an extent i definitely do. But it does depend on lots of things, especially who the people are. With certain people, i couldn't care less what they thought of me, but with others a try to make a good impression.

But to be honest, people think its cool not to care about what other people think, but i don't think thats true. Taking other peoples opinion into account prevents you from behaving like an idiot and tends to keep you grounded, especially when it comes to the opinions of your family and close friends. Thats how i see it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't because I am perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I've built up some kind of resistance to giving a damn so I very rarely do :o: Obviously I do occasionally as I think most people do but it takes a lot for me to do so :yep: Similarily I can take a lot of insults before they even start to bother me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone does to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if I don't know someone - i'll happily make a fool of myself in a restaurant if surrounded by strangers.

If they're a proper friend i'll care far too much :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think everyone does. I think there are people with mental problems that don't.

ReputationRep:
    I do to a degree, using your example I would go to school in a banana outfit (and have done so) if it was for charity etc 'cause I dont mind having a laugh at myself. Though I am pretty conscious how I come across to people, mainly due to several years of being a moody pompous brat at secondary

ReputationRep:
    few joints & you'l be in your banana outfit in no time

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn about how I'm perceived by those in society at large and whom I'm not interesting in attracting.

However, I am definitely careful to send out the correct "vibes" or messages by the way I dress and look, to make sure I get the attention of those I want to attract. I think this is a good way of making contact with only those that you share interests with. Appearance can actually make the whole difference of how one is perceived in a certain community. It can make someone be perceived as liberal or conservative, even green. It can reveal music tastes or social background and even hobbies. It's an indirect yet very strong communication way for people. It will make the difference between meeting the people you like yor ending up in the wrong social circle.

I pick the kind of vibes that I want to send out from role models, friends, artists, etc. and apply them in real life to appeal to who I want to. The rest of people... I couldn't care less about what they think of me.

ReputationRep:
    I would really love my very own banana outfit.

:banana: <-- I would do this and sing the Peanut Butter Jelly song!

:ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I would really love my very own banana outfit.

:banana: <-- I would do this and sing the Peanut Butter Jelly song!

:ninjagirl:
    ahhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i do care
    but come on
    its a banana suit - i'd wear it!
    just go for it!!

ReputationRep:
    I dress like deceased legends and between classes I am surrounded by hundreds of people screaming my name. Girls throw themselves in front of shouting Michael

ReputationRep:
    what about elephants have we lost their trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Everyone does and if they say they don't then they are lying.
    You can't apply personal belief onto everyone.
    You are making it seem like a win-win: Yes, I give a damn - truth & No, I don't give a damn - lies. There are some people who really do not give a damn.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.