Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, i'm assuming you need 100 credits to pass Level 1 (1st year) and move on?

I failed my CSP, so does that mean i've failed the year unless I retake it? can you even retake CSPs? because if so, I guess i'll have to take the exams again in a month. or can I take a new CSP next year alongside second year studies? =/ argh it's so annoying. I guess I could email the languages coordinator or whatever, since it's a language I took, but still... any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Im having the same problem right now...
    I failed Russian, I got sent some work to do over the holidays, but Im also expected to resit an exam in August. Its a bit of a problem, since Im an international student and I cant really get to Keele and back too easily.
    If I'm not wrong, you can fail a CSP this year and take the same one (or a different) next year along with your normal modules. But the system is going to change somehow - they are no longer called CSP, they are now "Electives"- so Im not sure how that fits in

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should contact your personal tutors for advice, they might have a better idea of what you have to do or as you said befoer, the languages coordinator.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/undergraduate/csp/index.htm

Is this any help?

ReputationRep:
    you can fail 2 modules and do them next year
    so as long as you have 100 credits you can go to 2nd year
    i failed a primary module, emailed my tutor and can retake it next spring semester, so dont have to go back in august yay

ReputationRep:
    Pff you are lucky you only failed a CSP. Retake it next year. I failed 'Media in America' by only completing half my project and not turning up to the exam. Honestly, as long as you pass your main subjects you are fine. Noone even cares in my experience.

My boyfriend on the other hand failed all his CSPs for 3 years (including when he retook his first year). He scraped them in his final year by me forcing him to study for the CSP exam he had the next day. It was multiple choice. Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the replies. I still have 100 credits, and just the one failed exam (not sure how that works... it must be worth 20). But you can still take it another time, so I'll do that. I was panicking that I'd have to come all the way up to Keele this week just to sit this one exam, when I've passed the year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.