Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im surprsied at how many people think having children is no big deal now. But there is absolutely no reason why teenage mums/fathers cannot be as good as anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    i think its ridiculous tbh, most of these young mums cant even look after themselves let alone their kids which is why they ended up being pregnant in the first place
    And when they can't do it it becomes the job of the baby's grandparents - which is unfair on them, they shouldn't have to raise a child again

ReputationRep:
    I pity them, I feel like I have so much more to do before I am in a situation to settle down. life has only just begun. but then that's just how I see it, and i can't help my views - I'm sure most of them do a great job but i still feel it's too early

ReputationRep:
    Flo Rida ring tonian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabbycat1)
    I watched this, thought it was really interesting. It was sad that they couldn't see beyond having a baby and it basically seemed like the only career option for them. And then as soon as they were shown different professions both of them could suddenly see there was so much more available. I felt sorry for the girl who had the abortion though - it was just like she wanted to replace the baby she'd lost. But Lydia was an absolute *****!!
    I know, Lydia was just childish... she was stuck in her own world...I mean she wanted children to compensate for the 'lack of love' she got from her mother... and that is kinda a selfish reason to have a baby...

Yet again, I guess parent-child relationships can always influence a persons perception, but sometimes you got the look past yourself and think about the bigger picture...

ReputationRep:
    Its their life, each to their own you know
    Annoys meh when both parents dont work, one at least should work.
    But worse things in life happen...

ReputationRep:
    All the teen mums where I live were ****s to begin with.

edit: Lol at whoever negged me for that, xD

ReputationRep:
    i think therir stupid. condom?

ReputationRep:
    My mum got pregnant with me at 16 (my dad was 20) and I can't say I am at a major disadvantage from it, so I think as long as the parents are mature, I don't have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Frankly, I respect teenage mums much more than I respect teenagers who've had abortions. It must take some balls having a kid at that age and now bowing to pressure to kill it.
    I think this is the first time we've come to agree on something. There is hope for mankind yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Right, so my mate (17) has just had a beautiful baby daughter. I have no clue how her educations gone because she moved away (she was brought up in social care) and only returned when she knew about the baby.

The father is staying with her (he completely dotes that child as well) so she's not a single mother- and he's a couple of years older and did have a job, unfortunately he can't get one right now due to the lack of work permits being given out, but they are still looking.

When I heard about the baby, and saw it yesterday, it never once crossed my mind that this might be considered stupid by some people. So how do you see underage parents? And why do you think there is an age limit on when a woman should have a child?

Woman should have children when they can afford to look after it them self's instead of the state supporting them by benefits and council housing.
    Most of these young mums seem to think the state is the father, and its their RIGHT to get others peoples tax money spent on them for just breeding.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having children young. In a society where a shocking amount of women are only starting to have children close, or past their 30's, it is silly to look down at young people having kids. But there is young and then there is too young. As long as you have a supportive family, and critically the father also is there and devoted to his new family, I don't see it as any worst or any different than a 'normal' aged couple having children.

I think there is a anti-baby culture nowdays. People forget sex was designed for reproduction. Whenever you have it, always know there is that chance of you becoming a mummy or a daddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having children young. In a society where a shocking amount of women are only starting to have children close, or past their 30's, it is silly to look down at young people having kids. But there is young and then there is too young. As long as you have a supportive family, and critically the father also is there and devoted to his new family, I don't see it as any worst or any different than a 'normal' aged couple having children.

I think there is a anti-baby culture nowdays. People forget sex was designed for reproduction. Whenever you have it, always know there is that chance of you becoming a mummy or a daddy.

Who is paying for it all? The tax payers, and these tax payers have to support their own kids as well as supporting these teen mums kids.

The system is messed up....

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with them as long as they can be mature about the whole situation. And they shouldn't think of it as an excuse for them to live of benefits, not work hard to get somewhere in life.. :dontknow: Also, as long as the kids are cared for properly then that is probably the main priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJolly1902)
    Who is paying for it all? The tax payers, and these tax payers have to support their own kids as well as supporting these teen mums kids.

The system is messed up....
    Well instead of paying for stupid things like the Olympics, which no one cares about, or spending billions on illegal wars that produce nothing than death, we could spend the money on home to improve society? It's a crazy idea I know.

Not to knock down sex, but some people believe it is only a pleasure thing. Sex is reproduction, pleasure is the side-effect. If you have no way of supporting a child, then avoid sex. It's really simple. But people will do it anyway because it's culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Well instead of paying for stupid things like the Olympics, which no one cares about, or spending billions on illegal wars that produce nothing than death, we could spend the money on home to improve society? It's a crazy idea I know.

Not to knock down sex, but some people believe it is only a pleasure thing. Sex is reproduction, pleasure is the side-effect. If you have no way of supporting a child, then avoid sex. It's really simple. But people will do it anyway because it's culture.
    Are you messed up?
    So you want to reward teen mums for breeding with tax payers money?
    If all women did that...who would work to pay for it all.

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind them as long as they can look after themselves and their baby

although i did see a girl around my age at the pub last night heavily pregnant.. kinda freaked me out thinking she was the same age as me and about to become a mum. i could never having a baby just now

ReputationRep:
    Its single parents that I have a problem with!!

ReputationRep:
    These girls are a real nusiance and a social blight. They reproduce they claim from the state for benefits and housing, then they raise kids whoa re usless and criminals.

Single mums should get no financial support from the state, every girl mshould be coiled till the age of 18. We'll see how Britians teenage pregnancy is like then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmad2020)
    I have alot of admiration for teenage Mums/Dads who keep the child and do the best they can for it (especially when it's not a planned pregnancy). However I am 19, and the majority of the people I went to school with now have a baby (seriously). It makes me wonder if the baby was a way of giving love to something which would have to love them, because they had a rough upbringing. The people in my year group generally were very misbehaved and so maybe the child is a way of gaining love, or almost as if they want to correct their own childhood with it. This seems sad, but very true. Unfortunately these girls now brag to others that they "got given a house", and other girls in younger year groups follow suit because they want to fit in with everyone else having babies...

I think in these circumstances it's very selfish, because a baby is not a toy or a correction to your lifes problems because you didn't buckle down at school. You also have to ask what an earth you can give a child at that age other than what the state provides you with..

One of my ex's - His mother was a teenage mum. And she then became a grandmother in her early 30's (twice over). My ex's sister had a baby at 15, and it just really shocked me because she was never taught any rules or respect, and was allowed to stay out all night having sex with whoever she wished, and her mother just gave up on her so to speak, as in she didn't question who she went out with or where she went (I found her sitting on a street corner once with drunk old men..). It really saddened me, because her life could, and should have been different (considering her Mother is a child minder!). She is far too irrisponsible to take care of a child, and I fear the cycle will just repeat itself to the next generation...

However returning to my first point, I have utmost respect for mothers who really do turn the situation around and even juggle college/uni with a baby, because thats no easy task I'm sure and it takes alot of determination Even more so when doing it alone because for whatever reason the Father has not stayed around.

admiration for teenage Mums??? Its not rocket science to open your legs and breed and get money from the state and free council housing!!
    Rough upbringing its no excuse!!....I had a rough upbringing, but I have morals not to go around breeding to get state handouts.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.