Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I do look down on them as it's my opinion that they've basically thrown their life away whether the father stays with them or not. It's much harder to get a job and have enough money left over for a decent life. The kid won't have the kind of life it should either (debatable I know but still) as money is hard with lack of education. And I don't like that argument either that "Oh, the family can help them" - yeah, but they shouldn't have to. Trapped with a kid and not able to get out if you decide to keep it. I don't even respect teenage mums who as someone said above, turn it around and go to uni/get a job etc, because well, if they haven't had the child then they could have done it easier, just because you have a child doesn't mean someone should respect you more for doing something just because it's harder. (Oh yeah, I'm not maternal...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJolly1902)
    Are you messed up?
    So you want to reward teen mums for breeding with tax payers money?
    If all women did that...who would work to pay for it all.
    We're talking about teenage mums. Most opt for abortion because they feel they cannot support the child. The government can use the money left over to provide support - that doesn't mean pay everything for the wife and child, but provide financial support when needed. That isn't rewarding anyone, but instead giving young mothers alternatives to just aborting the pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    When I think of teenage mothers I can't help but look down upon them, most of them are immature, easy and kids themselves. I'm sick of seeing these young girls who actually aim to get pregnant at a young age, why?! It's stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    My mum was a teenager when she had me. Very newly married (honeymoon baby!), my parents are still together and happy 34 years later! I have younger brothers - the youngest of whom was positively spoiled in comparison to what I had as a child as they have far more money now than they did back then. I never wanted for any of the important stuff though (love, support, etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    We're talking about teenage mums. Most opt for abortion because they feel they cannot support the child. The government can use the money left over to provide support - that doesn't mean pay everything for the wife and child, but provide financial support when needed. That isn't rewarding anyone, but instead giving young mothers alternatives to just aborting the pregnancy.
    Why should tax payers money be used to help these free loaders?
    My parents have to work hard, both of them to look after us and pay for the flat.
    While others sit on they bed open they legs, breed and get money from tax payers.

Maybe we should help people who are homeless and the mentally ill more.
    What about the old age care?? people who paid tax all their lives.

alternatives??????????? you mean a carrot for them to breed because they know they would be looked after by the tax payer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)

If you get financial benefit from ahving a baby, such as benefits and a house that is rewarding teenage pregnancy.

Who cares if they abort the child. Frankly i think it should be encouraged and the girls should pay the cost of the abortion back.

ReputationRep:
    No problem with teenage parents to an extent. I mean 17+ is ok, but like 13 is ridiculous.
    Also, the main thing is that the child is bought up with loving parents. That's really all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    No time for them. They usually are ugly craterfaced mingers who belong on Jeremy Kyle and should have waited till they were older and more responsible. Full stop.

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on the motives, one of my best friends is a teenage mum, shes now at uni and in a happy relationship, she is as good as a mother any age! Others I know of are the freeloaders and it's an awful shame their children have to be bought up in that society.

BUT it takes two to tango, in my opinion the worst or the worst are the "fathers" who don't take any responsiblity, they are as much their children as the mothers.

Porscha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    Really depends on the motives, one of my best friends is a teenage mum, shes now at uni and in a happy relationship, she is as good as a mother any age! Others I know of are the freeloaders and it's an awful shame their children have to be bought up in that society.

BUT it takes two to tango, in my opinion the worst or the worst are the "fathers" who don't take any responsiblity, they are as much their children as the mothers.

Porscha
    You are sexist saying the worst are the fathers.
    They both equally to blame in different ways...the fathers don't have a say if they want to keep the child. and they often get pushed aside.
    keep your feminist comments out.

ReputationRep:
    You are sexist saying the worst are the fathers.
    They both equally to blame in different ways.
    keep your feminist comments out.
    Do you realise how far off the mark you really are about me? So far it's laughable!

So a "man" who leaves the girl to get on with it never seeing his child and not caring what is happening to his own flesh and blood as well as the woman he was in a relationship with in the first place to make this child is just as "equally to blame" as the girl who is trying to get on with bringing a child up on her own (I'm not saying they all make a good job of it because they don't).

I think not, actually I believe it is the mans responsibility to look after both the girl he is / did have this relationship and the child that was born out of this relationship, I'd call that pretty old fashioned than being some sort of millitant feminist view.

Pity not many men in this day and age have enough respect for themselves as to stand out from the crowd and stick with their responsibilities of first and foremostly being a man.

Porscha

ReputationRep:
    Do you realise how far off the mark you really are about me? So far it's laughable!

So a "man" who leaves the girl to get on with it never seeing his child and not caring what is happening to his own flesh and blood as well as the woman he was in a relationship with in the first place to make this child is just as "equally to blame" as the girl who is trying to get on with bringing a child up on her own (I'm not saying they all make a good job of it because they don't).

I think not, actually I believe it is the mans responsibility to look after both the girl he is / did have this relationship and the child that was born out of this relationship, I'd call that pretty old fashioned than being some sort of millitant feminist view.

Pity not many men in this day and age have enough respect for themselves as to stand out from the crowd and stick with their responsibilities of first and foremostly being a man.

Porscha
    Its her fault for opening her legs to the type of man that will run off.
    She made her bed she can lay in it.

Lot of you women just breed to sit on your ass in your council housing and get benefits.

I know a lot of teen mums from school, lazy fat pigs, who done nuff all to society but take take take

They sit around all day, watch tv, smoke ****, drink cans of beer and smoke the odd weed.... ALL FROM BENEFIT MONEY!

FACT!!! GO LOOK AROUND

ReputationRep:
    admiration for teenage Mums??? Its not rocket science to open your legs and breed and get money from the state and free council housing!!
    Rough upbringing its no excuse!!....I had a rough upbringing, but I have morals not to go around breeding to get state handouts.
    Yeah but I wanted to balance my argument because I'm not in the situation myself so I don't know what it feels like, plus I know people who've turned their life around for the better, and given the child a good upbringing. By "rough upbringing" I meant from my school, whereby it was something like 80% of students were within the 20% poorest of the country (thats what we got told anyway). I know it's not all about money, I mean my family is a single parent one, and we arn't "well off".... I was speaking in terms of the bigger picture.

But yes I do agree with you, as I went to the same school at these kids and have no intention to have children until I'm at an age whereby I could support them etc (so no time soon).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    No time for them. They usually are ugly craterfaced mingers who belong on Jeremy Kyle and should have waited till they were older and more responsible. Full stop.

:rofl:
    You made me lol
    And that is why i hate that show; full of chavy teenage parents looking for DNA results. Bah!:facepalm:

A lot of people complain about teenage parents, that they get loads of money from the goverment; i know i do. How else can it work, though? Okay teach them better contraceptive methods, but i disagree with abortions to 'cure' the problem. And as i said before, a person has the righ to keep their child--if they can support it. Maybe they should go for parenting tests? then people would complain that every parent has a right to be with a child, even if they cannot financially support it. And i do agree with that; you can love a child and have no money.
    i am beginning to think though that the education system is going downhill for things like this; i now get a mental image of Mr Garison from south park telling them 'erm...sex is bad' and they dont have a fecking clue.

ReputationRep:
    MrJolly1902 - I find your neg. rep. absolutely halarious. Apprantely I'm a "man hating fool" why would that be?

I've nothing against men at all, I don't like little boys who run away at the first sight of responsibility. Traditionally MEN stick by their woman and take some responsibility of the situation.

I don't like free loaders either, be they men or women.

You could apply the arguement of "opening her legs" to either sex, its just as much his fault for having unprotected sex as it is hers.

ReputationRep:
    Same as everything else, I see each situation differently. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    MrJolly1902 - I find your neg. rep. absolutely halarious. Apprantely I'm a "man hating fool" why would that be?

I've nothing against men at all, I don't like little boys who run away at the first sight of responsibility. Traditionally MEN stick by their woman and take some responsibility of the situation.

I don't like free loaders either, be they men or women.

You could apply the arguement of "opening her legs" to either sex, its just as much his fault for having unprotected sex as it is hers.

You are sexist, you fail to see both sides are equally to blame.
    You look for arguments that blames men.

They are so many reasons why men run off.......maybe they did not even want that kid and wanted abortion but she said NO.

women should be responsible of their own bodies, instead of opening their legs to Tom, **** and Harry.

I can go on... but you are a waste of time.....
    We have these dirty teen mums, because women like you support them and pass the blame to the men.

I am out of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Some teenage mums make great mums. Unfortunately there is a bad stigma attached to them which is portrayed in the media and they are all tarred with the same brush.

My friend told me she was pregnant last night. I am so happy for her because she is happy and I know she will make a great mum!

ReputationRep:
    Generally, boring individuals seeking a purpose.

ReputationRep:
    They are, and always will be ... greatly irresponsible. I am extremely mature for my age, but even I know that I'm not quite mature enough for a child. It's not just about teen pregnancies though; even a pair of rich 35 year olds who have no brain cells to rub together are irresponsible for having a kid. You need to be able to teach your child the way of the world: to be strong, analytical, non-conforming. That's my view anyway. I'd love to teach my kid the very best of literature, films, music, introducing them to the very best stimuli so that they gain a wider perspective on life and how to behave properly. I know that at the moment I'm not yet knowledgeable, wise and patient enough for that.

On the other hand, these reproduction-addicts are what keeps the world going round. XD

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.