Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quick tip, if you can find an easy book that deal with proteins and proteins in action, and then put it on your personal statement that will look good!
    I'm afraid I can't recommend any as all the ones I am reading are degree level textbooks!!
    With neuroscience, if you can find something that concentrates on neurobiology, that will look good too as it will link in nicely with the biochemistry.
    Also, chances are the Uni you are applying to will have its own research department, have a mooch on their website and see if you can find out what they are researching in terms of biochemistry etc or whatever fits bets with the course you want to do. Then mention in on the personal statement. Because of the silly UCAS system you can only really do this if you are applying for one single university, however if you are applying for several, you can make reference to that 'type' of research in your statement.
    Does that make sense? if not I can explain it further!

ReputationRep:
    I know someone has already mentioned it, But the Oliver Sacks book 'The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' ... Its an easy read and quite informative ... Im applying for neuroscience in 2010 woooo

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend 'Phantoms in the brain'- by v.s ramachandran for neuroscience
    Nearly finished it and i found it enjoyable!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.