Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I finished taking my first pack of 21 Dianette pills on Tuesday, and I still haven't had a period! I've had some brown discharge, but no bleeding. I never had regular periods before, sometimes months with nothing, except every now and again this brown spotting every few months.

I now have some cramping aswell which I never really used to get (with not having a period). I was prescribed Dianette to help my skin aswell, but there has been no major improvement. This is my first time on the pill, and I'm not sleeping with anyone, so no chance of pregnancy.
    Should I stick it out for another month and see if anything improves next month? Does it take time for your body to settle into a cycle?

Help, please! x

ReputationRep:
    Id contract your doctor. You need to make sure you know exactly what to expect from the meds you are taking

ReputationRep:
    You don't always get it straight away.. you can get your period on any day during the 7 day break.. i've been on pills where it's not come until day 7.. it's only Sunday, there's still time :p: If you've never had regular periods anyway, so could take a while for the pill to regulate you perhaps..

Oh, and there's a contraceptive sticky at the top of the sexual health page for questions like this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I finished taking my first pack of 21 Dianette pills on Tuesday, and I still haven't had a period! I've had some brown discharge, but no bleeding. I never had regular periods before, sometimes months with nothing, except every now and again this brown spotting every few months.

I now have some cramping aswell which I never really used to get (with not having a period). I was prescribed Dianette to help my skin aswell, but there has been no major improvement. This is my first time on the pill, and I'm not sleeping with anyone, so no chance of pregnancy.
    Should I stick it out for another month and see if anything improves next month? Does it take time for your body to settle into a cycle?

Help, please! x
    It's your first pack, it's not a miracle, you need to take it longer to see noticeable improvements.

ReputationRep:
    I had that on my first cycle (a different pill though) It seems to be perfectly normal, if really gross. If it's not normal by the time you ought to have your next period, i reccomend seeing your doctor, because it's a good idea just to rule out being pregnant if you've not had a true period for two in a row, even if chances are it is just your body adapting. I got a perfectly normal period on my 2nd, without the cramping. For all this, I am assuming that our pills are similar though - if you're worried, just read the leaflet in the box, normally that tells you everything

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.