Turn on thread page Beta

Best Final Fantasy game on the DS. watch

• View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy game should I play on the DS?
    Final Fantasy III
    0%
    Final Fantasy IV
    100.00%
    Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
    0%
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Echoes of Times
    0%
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Ring of Fates
    0%
    Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I want to play an RPG, Final Fantasy is an obvious choice but which series should I play on my Nintendo DS?

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy IV

(TA2 is pretty good as well if you're into that sort of thing but FFIV is one of the best FF games, III was ok, Chocobo Tales was shallow but good fun, haven't played any of the numerous Crystal Chronicle saga's though)

I'd pick up Chrono Trigger as well though, because that truly is a fantastic game in every aspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Final Fantasy IV

(TA2 is pretty good as well if you're into that sort of thing but FFIV is one of the best FF games, III was ok, Chocobo Tales was shallow but good fun, haven't played any of the numerous Crystal Chronicle saga's though)

I'd pick up Chrono Trigger as well though, because that truly is a fantastic game in every aspect.
    Mine and this guy's minds are in perfect sync.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say TA2 but it's not there . IV is next best for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    I was going to say TA2 but it's not there . IV is next best for me.
    im sorry to sound like a noob but what is TA2?

ReputationRep:
    I have FFIV and it's extremely good. But I've heard such positive things about Chrono Trigger, I think it has like 23 diff endings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    im sorry to sound like a noob but what is TA2?
    It stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. I haven't played the sequel, but Tactics Advance on the GBA was immensely enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    That^^ and it's a really good game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    I have FFIV and it's extremely good. But I've heard such positive things about Chrono Trigger, I think it has like 23 diff endings
    I had a look at Chrono Trigger on the internet and it doesnt appeal to me, mainly because of the graphics. I think I might go for the IV then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I had a look at Chrono Trigger on the internet and it doesnt appeal to me, mainly because of the graphics. I think I might go for the IV then.
    Meh, it's the best RPG on the DS :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've only played III and IV, but IV is so much better.

ReputationRep:
    If they release FFV on the DS then my mum's DS might mysteriously disappear :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    If they release FFV on the DS then my mum's DS might mysteriously disappear :p:
    your mother plays a DS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameeso)
    Well, it's not as if she plays Pokemon or Harvest Moon or something like that

My dad got her a DS as a Christmas present a couple of years ago, and was lucky she didn't beat the crap out of him because the "games" he got with it were Dr Kawashima's Brain Training, Sight Training and something which had sudoku on it. The brain and sight training things kinda highlighted that he didn't really think it through too much, and (because her 50th birthday was coming up) she was making LOADS of comments about whether he was trying to imply something with this present :p: She loves Professor Layton & The Curious Village, which I got her last Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Well, it's not as if she plays Pokemon or Harvest Moon or something like that

My dad got her a DS as a Christmas present a couple of years ago, and was lucky she didn't beat the crap out of him because the "games" he got with it were Dr Kawashima's Brain Training, Sight Training and something which had sudoku on it. The brain and sight training things kinda highlighted that he didn't really think it through too much, and (because her 50th birthday was coming up) she was making LOADS of comments about whether he was trying to imply something with this present :p: She loves Professor Layton & The Curious Village, which I got her last Christmas
    oh right! i was thinking she was a proper gamer.

ReputationRep:
    oh right! i was thinking she was a proper gamer.
    This assumption might be warranted if it were a console other than a DS :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    This assumption might be warranted if it were a console other than a DS :p:
    still though. you wouldnt associate mothers with games consoles

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my mum's definitely anything other than a gamer. Aside from the DS and Wii Sports, the last video game she played was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive nearly two decades ago.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's got a DS too. I've been borrowing it recently because playing GTA Chinatown Wars on an old style DS is hard because the backlight is so crap. So I borrow my mum's DS lite instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    My mum's got a DS too. I've been borrowing it recently because playing GTA Chinatown Wars on an old style DS is hard because the backlight is so crap. So I borrow my mum's DS lite instead.
    is she a gamer?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.