Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was reading through Islam4UK's website, and a few things caught my eye. This shouldn't, I hope, turn into an Islam bashing thread, but a rational discussion on what they're desiring.

First: in an article about 7/7 they are asked
    "Q: Were the targets innocent or were they civilian combatants?

A: Islamically speaking only Muslims and children are innocent. "
    Really? Part of me thinks that the people running this site are actually anti-Muslim, merely attempting to spread the stereotype of violent, radical Muslims further. The site really does anger me as it's doing much better at damanging the reputation of Islam than intentional anti-Muslim ones. Do they really want to fuel the BNP? A large majority of BNP website articles are in regards to this website, is it any wonder?

Secondly:
    Britain is currently characterised by binge drinking, sexual promiscuity, reality TV, fish and chips and anti-social behaviour
    They claim that Sharia Law would solve these "common characteristics of British society". How so?

-Do you want Sharia law implemented in Britain? (Please don't hold back, it's good to hear differing views).
    -Do you think Britain ever will, or ever could, operate the Sharia Law system?
    -How would it affect you?

Lastly: the Islamic roadshows that they've been putting on, aimed at converting non-Muslims and showing them "the light".
    Is there any religious basis for this claim? (image below) Islam wasn't in existence when Jesus was, supposedly (atheist here), around, so how?

A lot of their stuff seems largely aimed at children, which I find disgusting. Similarly, I support a secular society and the abolishment of faith schools, of which some promote this sort of thing; Christian schools, too.

Do you support what this group of (and I don't doubt they're a minority) Muslims are trying to do? What do Muslims on here think about it? & non-Muslims, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Sharia law would solve British fish and chip eating? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Us crazy Brits and our fish and chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xerophelistica)
    Stop tryingto bend over backwards to show that Islam is some kind of "peaceful" Religion. Newsflash - when the majority of people who idenfiy themselves as Muslims are warmongering savages, then that's how we define their religion as a whole.
    How are you coming to the conclusion that the "majority" of Muslims would support this kind of thing? I'd be willing to guess that the "majority" of British Muslims are fairly moderate, and this is merely a form of idiotic extremism.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the suggestion that Sharia law should be implemented in British society to solve these fish and chips problems we are apparently having. Such a suggestion is ridiculous, and i'm sure most rational thinking muslims would agree.

What would happen if i went to Saudi Arabia and started trying to change their laws, i'm pretty sure i'd be told where to go.

ReputationRep:
    as good as your intentions are i would be very suprised if this doesnt turn into a bnp vs islam thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    as good as your intentions are i would be very suprised if this doesnt turn into a bnp vs islam thread.
    Indeed, but hopefully moderation will be good today (or is that slightly wishful thinking?).

ReputationRep:
    So the fish and chips would go into hiding, one of them writing a diary, until eventually, after several weeks of trying to hide their distinctive smell from the evil Islamic fish and chip beaters, they are found and shipped off to be eaten in a giant feast to remove all traces of fish and chips. Thus the pure fish and chipless race will rise.

ReputationRep:
    allah doesn't like us eating fish and chips...we'd have to get them on the street to get our 'hit' and an overdose would equal a bad case of indegestion...

ReputationRep:
    Its says Fish and Chip eating is a bad charecteristic. Its clearly a pisstake.

ReputationRep:
    La Illah Il Allah! Muhammed Rasul Illah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    Its says Fish and Chip eating is a bad charecteristic. Its clearly a pisstake.
    The website appears to be deadly serious.

ReputationRep:
    This is obviously satirical.

ReputationRep:
    omg it isn't. WTF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    This is obviously satirical.
    It's not lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    omg it isn't. WTF.
    That was my exact reaction.

ReputationRep:
    We should make "liberalism4themiddleeast.co m"

ReputationRep:
    what a joke

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is wrong with fish and chips?
    I could easily categorize the middle east with kebabs etc
    Whats wrong with eating either?

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think the main aspect of what these guys are trying to do is get rid of fish n chips. I think it's more of an attack on the British way-of-life, more than anything.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.