Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Yeah, but this isn't Saudi Arabia, this is Britain.

And Britain is absolutely terrified of offending anybody to any degree. So as a result, we let absolutely anybody into the country, allow an entire culture to take over small pockets of the country, grow in number continuously, and then start imposing their culture on ours.

I'm not one for defending 'traditional' British culture, because clearly, a lot of it is absolute nonsense. But I'm all for defending us against infilitration from cultures even worse than our own. Islam definitely counts as one of those.
    Yer obviously this is Britian. I was simply saying the introducing a such an exteme law that only benefits a distinct minority of the population is just silly. And that even suggesting changing the law in Saudi Arabia to suit a British minority would be met with absolute disdain.

Did you think i was in support of Sharia law from what i said ?

ReputationRep:
    sorry to be stupid, but what is sharia law?

ReputationRep:
    basically the sharia law is actually very fair but i dont think it would actually work in britian.
    those countries who impliment the sharia law for e.g arabia have the lowest rape, crime rates etc. so i would think it does have many advantages.
    as a muslim it wouldnt actually affect me but having this law would change the lifestyles of non- muslims but nevertheless it can change the society we are living in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar n spice)
    basically the sharia law is actually very fair but i dont think it would actually work in britian.
    those countries who impliment the sharia law for e.g arabia have the lowest rape, crime rates etc. so i would think it does have many advantages.
    as a muslim it wouldnt actually affect me but having this law would change the lifestyles of non- muslims but nevertheless it can change the society we are living in...
    Crime rates are probably so low because of the punishments inflicted for specific crimes. Death penalty for sodomy, amputation of hands for theiving. How, in any way, is Sharia law "fair"?

ReputationRep:
    I am a muslim, praise jehovahs witnesses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    Yer obviously this is Britian. I was simply saying the introducing a such an exteme law that only benefits a distinct minority of the population is just silly. And that even suggesting changing the law in Saudi Arabia to suit a British minority would be met with absolute disdain.

Did you think i was in support of Sharia law from what i said ?
    No, I was saying that the reason Saudi Arabia would reject British law is because they are a lot less caring about who they offend.

Britain, however, would gladly bring in Sharia law if they thought it would offend enough people if they didn't.

ReputationRep:
    These people need to be Islamically flogged for their views imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    No, I was saying that the reason Saudi Arabia would reject British law is because they are a lot less caring about who they offend.

Britain, however, would gladly bring in Sharia law if they thought it would offend enough people if they didn't.
    Oh right. Yer thats definitely true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Sharia law would solve British fish and chip eating? :curious:
    Sharia= Stoned to death for eating fish and chips, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    whats sharia law ?
    lol clearly not knowing something here

I wish it made sense to be intolerant of intolerance :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Crime rates are probably so low because of the punishments inflicted for specific crimes. Death penalty for sodomy, amputation of hands for theiving. How, in any way, is Sharia law "fair"?
    well, would you rather decrease the number of people that are dying because of crime etc. or leave those few murderers alive. i dont think sharia law would work in this country but it is better having more people alive rather than a few people dead because of it. (btw america also has the death penanlty and in the sharia law there is only death as a punishment in certain circumstances)

ReputationRep:
    well, would you rather decrease the number of people that are dying because of crime etc. or leave those few murderers alive. i dont think sharia law would work in this country but it is better having more people alive rather than a few people dead because of it. (btw america also has the death penanlty and in the sharia law there is only death as a punishment in certain circumstances)
    So you truly believe it's fair for homosexuals to be punished by death? Who said anything about murderers? I was talking about homosexuals and theives, both of which have to undergo vile, disgusting, out-dated punishments in the name of "Allah".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_h17)
    whats sharia law ?
    lol clearly not knowing something here
    Islamic legal system, or religious law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

ReputationRep:
    Salafi website. No surprises at the kind of crap they talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    So you truly believe it's fair for homosexuals to be punished by death? Who said anything about murderers? I was talking about homosexuals and theives, both of which have to undergo vile, disgusting, out-dated punishments in the name of "Allah".
    thats why i was saying it wouldnt work in this country.. and personally i dont have a problem with homosexuals. and theives dont get the death punishemnt. all i am trying to say it is does work do reduce crime rates etc. as seen by statistics same as in certain areas in america which have the death penalty there is less crime.

at the end of the day the countries that do have it benefit from it.. but personally i know it wouldnt work in britian where everyone has different religions..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    That's slightly different to middle-Eastern Muslims killing white Christians.
    please don't even go there

ReputationRep:
    thats why i was saying it wouldnt work in this country.. and personally i dont have a problem with homosexuals. and theives dont get the death punishemnt. all i am trying to say it is does work do reduce crime rates etc. as seen by statistics same as in certain areas in america which have the death penalty there is less crime.

at the end of the day the countries that do have it benefit from it.. but personally i know it wouldnt work in britian where everyone has different religions..
    Every study I've ever seen has demonstrated that the impact of the death penalty on crime is non-existant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Salafi website. No surprises at the kind of crap they talk.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:

I didn't say they did, theives get their hand's amputated. Is that fair? I don't care about whether crime rates are reduced (homosexuality shouldn't even be a crime), I care more about human rights violations, and Sharia is a blatant disregard for them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.