Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    please don't even go there
    Why not? He's basically saying that general psychos are Christian extremists.

ReputationRep:
    'Muslim' essentially means someone who believes in God. Not any God though, the God. So from the perspective of Muslims, as Jesus was a prophet of the God, he was a believer of God - hence a 'Muslim'. Seriously though, I don't understand why aspects of this site or it's user comments are being highlighted. It'd be sorta like me highlighting the nonsense posted here and showing that to a Muslim forum, as if to imply "these are the Brits".

ReputationRep:
    I find it sickening how the children of today are brought up to despise Mulisms in every which way possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Why not? He's basically saying that general psychos are Christian extremists.
    if you tally up the number of Muslims killed by Christians and vice versa there would be no comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    'Muslim' essentially means someone who believes in God. Not any God though, the God. So from the perspective of Muslims, as Jesus was a prophet of the God, he was a believer of God - hence a 'Muslim'. Seriously though, I don't understand why aspects of this site or it's user comments are being highlighted. It'd be sorta like me highlighting the nonsense posted here and showing that to a Muslim forum, as if to imply "these are the Brits".
    Seriously, get over yourself (and it). People are allowed to post things that may appear to be slightly offensive about Muslims. If you read the OP I wasn't "highlighting" random pieces of text from the website, but quite reasonable questions. You've answered one (i.e. Jesus as a Muslim). What about the others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Waters)
    I find it sickening how the children of today are brought up to despise Mulisms in every which way possible.
    How are they? At the schools I've attended I've been taught tolerance etc, so care to explain what you mean (with examples preferably)?

ReputationRep:
    The site is probably anti Islamic as there are many of these type of sites around. I gues this is the case as it is not just Muslims and children who are innocent it is also adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Seriously, get over yourself (and it). People are allowed to post things that may appear to be slightly offensive about Muslims. If you read the OP I wasn't "highlighting" random pieces of text from the website, but quite reasonable questions. You've answered one (i.e. Jesus as a Muslim). What about the others?
    I'm not attacking you but this is all naive. The internet has many shocking things and religious websites are no different. Some go far in dedicating their spare time in creating websites which present religions in a negative light, often misleading the reader intentionally. But the idea that you read something shocking on a website is just ridiculous. Of course you can post it here, I'm just saying the interest isn't really justified.

What other questions do you want answered by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I didn't say they did, theives get their hand's amputated. Is that fair? I don't care about whether crime rates are reduced (homosexuality shouldn't even be a crime), I care more about human rights violations, and Sharia is a blatant disregard for them.
    i was just saying ,ok its not right for those people rights to be affected but in the long run who would want to steal if they know the consequences.. anyway if people know what they were in for then no ones human rights would be affected because no - one would be doing crime. (i'm only talking about crime here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I'm not attacking you but this is all naive. The internet has many shocking things and religious websites are no different. Some go far in dedicating their spare time in creating websites which present religions in a negative light, often misleading the reader intentionally. But the idea that you read something shocking on a website is just ridiculous. Of course you can post it here, I'm just saying the interest isn't really justified.

What other questions do you want answered by the way?
    Yes, I realise that, if you read the OP properly. My post was moreso about asking, why do people like this think in such a way, and whether they're justified in doing so: Sharia law, Jesus was a Muslim, converting young children, etc. I remember being equally shocked upon reading the Westboro Baptist Church's website, but I wasn't a member at the time, or I probably would've posted. But this website is more relevant to many issues in Britain at the moment, I think. And it isn't just a website, they're coming out into society, I had the displeasure of trying to be converted at a recent roadshow and being told I was going to "the depths of hell" for not "seeing the light" and some other crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I didn't say they did, theives get their hand's amputated. Is that fair? I don't care about whether crime rates are reduced (homosexuality shouldn't even be a crime), I care more about human rights violations, and Sharia is a blatant disregard for them.
    No they get imprisoned first, if the keep repeating the offence the requirements for amputation are:

* There must have been criminal intent to take private (not common) property.
    * The theft must not have been the product of hunger, necessity, or duress.
    * The goods stolen must: be over a minimum value, not haraam, and not owned by the thief's family.
    * Goods must have been taken from custody (i.e. not in a public place).
    * There must be reliable witnesses.

ReputationRep:
    No they get imprisoned first, if the keep repeating the offence the requirements for amputation are:

* There must have been criminal intent to take private (not common) property.
    * The theft must not have been the product of hunger, necessity, or duress.
    * The goods stolen must: be over a minimum value, not haraam, and not owned by the thief's family.
    * Goods must have been taken from custody (i.e. not in a public place).
    * There must be reliable witnesses.
    Yes, indeed, but if all of that is proven correct then their hand is amputated. Which is, frankly, disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Yes, indeed, but if all of that is proven correct then their hand is amputated. Which is, frankly, disgusting.
    Why is it disgusting? If a person keeps stealing things he doesn't need and gets moderately punished as a warning yet arrogantly keeps repeating the offence knowing the severe punishment them awaits him if he/she does it again why do you act like he/she is a victim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Yes, I realise that, if you read the OP properly. My post was moreso about asking, why do people like this think in such a way, and whether they're justified in doing so: Sharia law, Jesus was a Muslim, converting young children, etc. I remember being equally shocked upon reading the Westboro Baptist Church's website, but I wasn't a member at the time, or I probably would've posted. But this website is more relevant to many issues in Britain at the moment, I think. And it isn't just a website, they're coming out into society, I had the displeasure of trying to be converted at a recent roadshow and being told I was going to "the depths of hell" for not "seeing the light" and some other crap.
    Yes, one isolated website is representative of the entire Muslim populace. Please do grow up, and find another pastime - other than searching the internet for silly little Muslim-hating websties and inciting religious anger.

ReputationRep:
    if you tally up the number of Muslims killed by Christians and vice versa there would be no comparison.
    Innocent Muslims killed by Christians in the name of God in the modern day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Waters)
    Yes, one isolated website is representative of the entire Muslim populace. Please do grow up, and find another pastime - other than searching the internet for silly little Muslim-hating websties and inciting religious anger.
    :rolleyes: Oh, please be quiet. If you knew anything about me you wouldn't say I was "inciting religious hatred". I'll repeat, once again, I've already clearly stated that these Muslims are in the minority, is that okay with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Innocent Muslims killed by Christians in the name of God in the modern day?
    god or without god, they're still dead, 500,000 Iraqi children died because of Sanctions the US and the UK put on Iraq during the 1990s and do you know what the Secretary of State of America Madeline Albright (Foreign Minister) said?

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sanctions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I've already clearly stated that these Muslims are in the minority, is that okay with you?
    Yeah can everyone lay off the OP for making this thread. He did it in a much nicer and thought out way than most of the Muslim related threads on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I would happily take up arms to repel Islamification of this country.

ReputationRep:
    I like fish and chips....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.