Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only found out about Islam4UK today, and was trying to find out exactly what they are.

I was disappointed to find that I couldn't get onto their website when I've tried, but after reading some quotations on this thread, I think I might actually be quite glad I can't read any of it.

Extremists really make me feel uncomfortable...

ReputationRep:
    Their leader in on 20+ k of BRITISH TAX PAID benifits....
    what an absaloute joke. I can't get over how stupid this government is, afraid of offending anyone. Get the extremists out of this country and lets stop paying for them to live freely.

ReputationRep:
    democratically I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to protest if the EDL are allowed to, although I'm against provocation for provocation's sake.

ReputationRep:
    STOP THE BICKERING AND READ THIS

I am confident in saying that this article reppresents the views of 99.9% of British Muslims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ve-troops.html

It is a said reality that there are always some forms of extrimism in our society, but the only ones picked up by the media are the religious extrimists.

In this moment in time there is no way the UK will be subject to introducing Shari'ah Law... lets see Muslim countries do that first and then we can make our mind up on whether its good or not.

People have a very distorted idea f Shari'ah law unfortunately but the biggest truth right now is that its is not being fully implemented anywhere in the world right now - so if you want to be able to judge it you will have to look at the Islamic State of the 7th-14th Century.... they are called the Golden Ages for a reason....

Please read the article =)

ReputationRep:
    these guys are just going to have to live with the fact that Islam will never be as significant a global force as Take That.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    democratically I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to protest if the EDL are allowed to, although I'm against provocation for provocation's sake.
    Well actually in athenian democracy you weren't [I]strictly speaking[I] aloud to vote or even own land if your parents werent from athens. So democratically these guys still shouldnt be doing the march at all and should give up every bit of property they own to us.... MWAhahaa

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't be gratifying these attention seekers with mention imo.

Obviously just pathetic people with nothing better to do, if they really despised this country and its culture then why live here? Move to a country built on the principles which they believe in rather than one which they appose...

ReputationRep:
    Instead of just picking up on the fish and chips part, why don't you just address the question he has asked? Personally I believe these guys are ignorantly giving Muslims in the UK a bad name as most muslims in the UK probably don't agree with their views. Although the media could help alot more, i know that several leading Islamic groups in |England have denounced Islam4uk but none of this was covered by the media at all.

ReputationRep:
    Islam4uk are almost an antithesis for Islam itself. I agree with the sentiments of others that this 'protest' should be held in Westminster rather than Wooton Bassett but I do not believe that the protests should be stopped.

Rather we should allow this to go ahead just so we can all see the problems with extremisms and the absurdities it promulgates.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the whole point of freedom of speech the fact that you can say whatever you want, and if people don't agree with you they can argue. If you ban a protest march in the UK then what on earth are we fighting for, and soldiers dying for, abroad?

Sure the guy is a nut, but I'm currently being invited to about 20 "no to wooton basset march" groups a day on facebook, and its pissing me off.

ReputationRep:
    Insult my country and religion, I'll take it and move on, I'm a forgiving guy, but insult fish and chips ? Sweet damn they just crossed the line.

.. Nuke 'em =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I was reading through Islam4UK's website, and a few things caught my eye. This shouldn't, I hope, turn into an Islam bashing thread, but a rational discussion on what they're desiring.

First: in an article about 7/7 they are asked

Really? Part of me thinks that the people running this site are actually anti-Muslim, merely attempting to spread the stereotype of violent, radical Muslims further. The site really does anger me as it's doing much better at damanging the reputation of Islam than intentional anti-Muslim ones. Do they really want to fuel the BNP? A large majority of BNP website articles are in regards to this website, is it any wonder?

Secondly:
    They claim that Sharia Law would solve these "common characteristics of British society". How so?

-Do you want Sharia law implemented in Britain? (Please don't hold back, it's good to hear differing views).
    -Do you think Britain ever will, or ever could, operate the Sharia Law system?
    -How would it affect you?

Lastly: the Islamic roadshows that they've been putting on, aimed at converting non-Muslims and showing them "the light".
    Is there any religious basis for this claim? (image below) Islam wasn't in existence when Jesus was, supposedly (atheist here), around, so how?

A lot of their stuff seems largely aimed at children, which I find disgusting. Similarly, I support a secular society and the abolishment of faith schools, of which some promote this sort of thing; Christian schools, too.

Do you support what this group of (and I don't doubt they're a minority) Muslims are trying to do? What do Muslims on here think about it? & non-Muslims, of course.
    If they dislike our culture and country so much why don't they leave!!!!

ReputationRep:
    As an atheist I'm with Robert1993 on the issue of faith schools, ideally i would go further and argue that there should be no state support whatsoever for religious groups. But that's going off the point.

As far as Islam4UK goes, if they do march in Wooton Bassett there will most likely be a counter-march/protest. We could well see a return to sectarian clashes, victimisation and national division.

So either:
    The march should be banned. If a legitimate political party (BNP) can be restricted this should cross to all organisations that look to fanatacise our society. (I don't support them but I recognise their legitimacy). We need to stop pussy-footing around such groups on the basis of liberal political-correctness.
    Or, on the other hand, part of me says bring it on - if that one small group pushes too hard they will soon find out that the British people (of all faiths and none) will take sides and it won't be theirs. Resolve the whole thing once and for all, deport them all (the extremeists - not all Muslims) to their beloved 'perfect Islamic state' and watch as they scream for our help when thy break their own laws and have to face the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    The march is likely to be banned this week, according to the papers today.

ReputationRep:
    Anjem and co call off march

Having successfully enraged and outraged the kaffir with last month's announcement, the decision of last month's Fatwa of the Month Club to make an announcement has been seen to be a resounding success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Well to be honest Sharia Law would solve the problem of binge drinking and anti-social behaviour.
    Did we ever say we wanted to be changed? If you dont like the culture here then move on elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    If There Is A Demonstration On That Day I Will Be There Smashing The Hell Out Of Every Extremeist There Is And Making Sure They Dont Get Up, To Be Honest I Would Be Proud To Get Arrested For Doing This Because Id Be Doing This Country A Favour , This Is Our Country So If You Dont Like It Bugger Off Back To Your Own !

ReputationRep:
    I think this country has become far to "politically correct" as to not offend anyone. And by the amount of people that have signed the potetion against the march, it’s pretty clear that they have crossed the mark this time. It is also nice and comforting to see British Muslims who are against this too.

I find it comical how they think their laws can change British culture. I think this is ridiculous, you do not come to a country, where the government will give free training and let you learn English for FREE, to give you a better life than your own country would give you, and then say that Sharia Law should be introduced here. I am pretty sure that there would be an out raw if anyone went into an Islamic culture and started bad mouthing it. We have let people from all cultures come here and practise their religion peacefully; you DO NOT try to influence the native culture. People should get a bit of respect.

I have many Muslim friends, who can speak perfect English and are just like any other British people, who hate all these extremists. They are thankful for what England has given them, opportunity and a better life than their own country. If these people hate British culture so much, then don’t live here, or work here. Try going to somewhere like France because I am pretty sure that they would not be as lenient as us!

This country has been totoally ruined by the government

ReputationRep:
    Thank god that they came to thier sences and did not protest there before they begun a civil war! I think if there is a protest, then everybody who is against it should go and protest back. There would be absolutly thousands of people.

But "smashing the hell" out of them are just going to bring us down to thier level. We are better than that, obviously there is alot of anger which isnt suprising, and we would all wish that they could go back to thier own bloody countries and leave us in peace. But to get our point across we need a peaceful protest

ReputationRep:
    We Should Sink To Their Level To Prove That Were Not Going To Stand For It. I Have Plenty Of Mates And Probably The Support Of The Whole Country To Start A Civil War Against Extremists , Think About It Logically If Thousands Of People Joined In There Not Going To Arrest Us All And It Will Finally Prove Were Fed Up! And Get Them Out Of 'our'!!!!!!!! Country .

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.