Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know what you are saying, and you sound like many people i know. But you know we will just come out as the bad ones as per usual!

ReputationRep:
    well they've got what they wanted now. Their sign said "ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD, FREEDOM CAN GO TO HELL!". Since they have now been banned from marching on Wootton Bassett, their freedom to protest has "gone to hell", so to speak. So...congratz on your victory ISLAM4UK! Now you need to bring about your ultimate aim, for our government to detain you indefinitely OR forceful deport you to the front lines of Iraq in front of the sniper scope of a UK soldier. Then truly your freedom will have gone to hell! Your ultimate human right to life will have gone to hell! Victory for ISLAM4UK! WOOOO!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how Sharia could rule against fish and chips. What law is that? Thou shalt not partake of cheap fish encased in overly greasy batter with a helping of horizontally sliced fried potato?

I need this cleared up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balldozer123)
    We Should Sink To Their Level To Prove That Were Not Going To Stand For It. I Have Plenty Of Mates And Probably The Support Of The Whole Country To Start A Civil War Against Extremists , Think About It Logically If Thousands Of People Joined In There Not Going To Arrest Us All And It Will Finally Prove Were Fed Up! And Get Them Out Of 'our'!!!!!!!! Country .
    I don't think you can start a war against 20 people. A scuffle perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Just checked their website; they believe, I think, that Gordon Brown's oppressive "regime" was like that of Pharaohs.

Playing the Old Testament myth card as usual...

ReputationRep:
    For those saying Islam4uk should be allowed to march for the sake of freedom of speech, I don't agree. The fact is these people are NOT planning for the sake of dead Muslim children they are doing it to cause trouble and to try and further brainwash young Muslims into joining them. These fanatics are calling for an Islamic state, it's not just about freedom of speech they seriously think they can take over Britain. I don't think they can, although extremists have said they will by 2050. If they don't like this country and the Western way of life they should just get lost, they're only here because we're a soft touch and they're rolling in benefits. What's interesting is that people like this are allowed to stay in the country while their are examples of hard working, caring immigrants being denied visas.

I do think we should remembered the innocent civillian casualities of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I truly believe this march has nothing to do with it. Also it will only end in a riot as people retaliate. On a similar sort of line it also annoys me the way there is mourning for the victims of the Lockerbie bombing, while America completely ignores the fact it happened just after they "accidentally" blew up an Iranian passenger jet. Of course I'm not condoning the Lockerbie bombings, but I'm just pointing out why Eastern countries get angry. Even though that has nothing to do with Britain so :confused: .

To be honest I just want to laugh at some of their rantings, I can't get angry, it's like watching a small child having a tantrum. We should just deport the leader.

I was reading a website while Muslims ask questions about their religion and get advice, I was surprised to find they refer to themselves as Allah's "slaves" . I don't know if the word if used in a different context but it doesn't seem like a healthy relationship with God. The people on this site weren't extremists like islam4uk but deadly serious and following the teachings to a letter. It seems a shame to me, one man was told he must only be kind to Christian neighbours but never feel friendship towards them as Allah doesn't permit it. Also that he should only be kind to them so they are drawn to Islam, I can't see that happening to be honest. One man was worried that he kept looking at women because they weren't covered properly. Why should it be a sin to look at the opposite sex and be attracted? It's the way of life! We're meant to feel attraction, why does everything have to be turned into a sin by religion? I'm sure the Qur'an only says women should dress modestly, not cover their whole bodies, if God didn't want women's faces to be seen, why give them faces?

Why am I doing this at 00:30? lol I'm starting to ramble. Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I was reading through Islam4UK's website, and a few things caught my eye. This shouldn't, I hope, turn into an Islam bashing thread, but a rational discussion on what they're desiring.

First: in an article about 7/7 they are asked

Really? Part of me thinks that the people running this site are actually anti-Muslim, merely attempting to spread the stereotype of violent, radical Muslims further. The site really does anger me as it's doing much better at damanging the reputation of Islam than intentional anti-Muslim ones. Do they really want to fuel the BNP? A large majority of BNP website articles are in regards to this website, is it any wonder?

Secondly:
    They claim that Sharia Law would solve these "common characteristics of British society". How so?

-Do you want Sharia law implemented in Britain? (Please don't hold back, it's good to hear differing views).
    -Do you think Britain ever will, or ever could, operate the Sharia Law system?
    -How would it affect you?

Lastly: the Islamic roadshows that they've been putting on, aimed at converting non-Muslims and showing them "the light".
    Is there any religious basis for this claim? (image below) Islam wasn't in existence when Jesus was, supposedly (atheist here), around, so how?

A lot of their stuff seems largely aimed at children, which I find disgusting. Similarly, I support a secular society and the abolishment of faith schools, of which some promote this sort of thing; Christian schools, too.

Do you support what this group of (and I don't doubt they're a minority) Muslims are trying to do? What do Muslims on here think about it? & non-Muslims, of course.

Why you even talking about these clowns?
    They are nothing and you and the media just giving them attention.

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely dissapointed that these groups are allowed to get so much media attention, i am a muslim living in the Uk,i have never had any problems whether i wear a practice islam or not, i personally do not think that Britian should have sharia law imposed on it because it is a predominatly a Christian country, if i do not like the way people live in uk i should move to a country that i do like the living of.. end off..so these ppl should really move to a place they can practice this..i didnt even know anything about this group until it was given so much media attention,it makes me so angry because muslim ppl do not represent these views from no angle what so ever..i know that there are educated ppl who understand that out there however some feel differently, i really think that these groups let it be muslim groups or anyothers should really not be given this much attention it is in one way contributing to there aims..

Btw lol at the fish and chips i think its yum yum,im on my way o have some lol..

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I don't agree with the methodology of such Muslims in defending their fellow Muslims throughout the World, I cannot condemn them as other "Muslims" do.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the person who gave me a negative reputation, if you indeed consider me to know "nothing and put real Muslims to shame", then why not challenge my views according to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syphonfiltered)
    I am extremely dissapointed that these groups are allowed to get so much media attention, i am a muslim living in the Uk,i have never had any problems whether i wear a practice islam or not, i personally do not think that Britian should have sharia law imposed on it because it is a predominatly a Christian country, if i do not like the way people live in uk i should move to a country that i do like the living of.. end off..so these ppl should really move to a place they can practice this..i didnt even know anything about this group until it was given so much media attention,it makes me so angry because muslim ppl do not represent these views from no angle what so ever..i know that there are educated ppl who understand that out there however some feel differently, i really think that these groups let it be muslim groups or anyothers should really not be given this much attention it is in one way contributing to there aims..

Btw lol at the fish and chips i think its yum yum,im on my way o have some lol..
    Then why resurrect a dead thread?

ReputationRep:
    I only came across this forum today, so thought il put my views forward..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who supports or believes in Islam should be executed.

/End Thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElemenT')
    Anyone who supports or believes in Islam should be executed.

/End Thread.
    What do you know about Islam????

ReputationRep:
    It's run by bunch of crazy fools only there to discredit islam further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paxdax)
    La Illah Il Allah! Muhammed Rasul Illah!
    durka durka hasheba sheba

ReputationRep:
    I agree that this should not turn into an islam bashing forum and I am certainly not a racist. My point is that this individual is preeching that we should all live off the state, not become slaves and not be part of the rat race, he hates the Queens picture being on the British Pound currency and we should change all laws to his chosen religious law.
    Comment.
    THIS IS BRITAIN. THE QUEEN IS HEAD OF STATE. WE ARE A CHRISTIAN POPULATION WHO TOLERATE MINORITY RELEGIONS AND HAVE BEEN FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. IF WE ALL TOOK UP YOUR ADVICE AND SCROUNGED FROM THE STATE THERE WOULD BE NO STATE AS WE WOULD BE BANKRUPT. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS COUNTRY LEAVE.. SIMPLE.

(Original post by headunderwater)
    I was reading through Islam4UK's website, and a few things caught my eye. This shouldn't, I hope, turn into an Islam bashing thread, but a rational discussion on what they're desiring.

First: in an article about 7/7 they are asked

Really? Part of me thinks that the people running this site are actually anti-Muslim, merely attempting to spread the stereotype of violent, radical Muslims further. The site really does anger me as it's doing much better at damanging the reputation of Islam than intentional anti-Muslim ones. Do they really want to fuel the BNP? A large majority of BNP website articles are in regards to this website, is it any wonder?

Secondly:
    They claim that Sharia Law would solve these "common characteristics of British society". How so?

-Do you want Sharia law implemented in Britain? (Please don't hold back, it's good to hear differing views).
    -Do you think Britain ever will, or ever could, operate the Sharia Law system?
    -How would it affect you?

Lastly: the Islamic roadshows that they've been putting on, aimed at converting non-Muslims and showing them "the light".
    Is there any religious basis for this claim? (image below) Islam wasn't in existence when Jesus was, supposedly (atheist here), around, so how?

A lot of their stuff seems largely aimed at children, which I find disgusting. Similarly, I support a secular society and the abolishment of faith schools, of which some promote this sort of thing; Christian schools, too.

Do you support what this group of (and I don't doubt they're a minority) Muslims are trying to do? What do Muslims on here think about it? & non-Muslims, of course.

ReputationRep:
    How dare this individual disrespect the people who pay to feed and cloth him and his family. We should have a new law in this country but not Shira.... Thou shalt not be given handouts if you preech against the country that feedeth thou.:mad:

This thread is now nearly a couple of years old, so I'm sorry to say that I'll be closing it due to the recent bump.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.