Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do on the Plinth in Trafalgar Square? watch

ReputationRep:
    Masturbate furiously.

ReputationRep:
    In a similar line to the woman who threw off paper planes with messages, I would throw off copies of Postsecrets that meant a lot to me. I reckon considering how much people keep their worst secrets to themselves, it would be nice to let the people who catch them know that they're not necessarily alone, especially if they've not heard of Postsecret. Too cheesy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    Masturbate furiously.
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    i'd love to just go up, sit on a chair and read my book for an hour, just to see how many people would actually stand and watch for long periods of time.

i'm going to see it august, pretty exciiiiited. I hope they're good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Shoot people with a BB gun.
    Throw taters, they hurt more

ReputationRep:
    Moan about how much my university course books cost.

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot really, I might attempt to talk to some people below.

ReputationRep:
    Throw water bombs. I do like the BB gun idea best though- sounds fun.

ReputationRep:
    Fortify it and prevent the event organisers from removing me.

ReputationRep:
    perform the monkey dance for the entire duration of my slot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atypicalsurreygirl)
    If you haven't heard of it, it's Anthony Gormley's new art project http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

" This summer, sculptor Antony Gormley invites you to help create an astonishing living monument. He is asking the people of the UK to occupy the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square in London, a space normally reserved for statues of Kings and Generals. They will become an image of themselves, and a representation of the whole of humanity.

Every hour, 24 hours a day, for 100 days without a break, a different person will make the Plinth their own. If you're selected, you can use your time on the plinth as you like. One & Other is open to anyone and everyone from any corner of the UK. As long as you're 16 or over and are living or staying in the UK, you can apply to be part of this unforgettable artistic experiment. "

So far, everyone I've seen has been taking a stand for a particular political cause. Honestly, I'd rather just sit there and take in a view that not many people get, my slot's going to be 7am to 8am on a sunday at the end of August.

What would -you- do if you were on the plinth?
    OHH i've got a slot too about mid aug! 5pm prime time..
    And well i am doing something a bit political related but its my hour so yeah
    I've got a bit of that but a bit of other stuff to like enjoying the view and stuff

have you set up a profile page on there site? Pm your page!

ReputationRep:
    I watched the online stream for a few days when it first began. Needless to say the people were either nutcases or very weird and almost entirely complete noobs at audience interaction or doing anything half decent. The best people I saw were throwing out free chocolate, bought loudspeakers, had a dance and a good old laugh and not spouting messages of crap, although that was only about 3 people who I would rate as watchworthy and weirdly many of them were on the plinth in the early hours of the morning. I guess it's the peoples own time but I'd prefer it if they didnt bring up a chair and a book and wasted the hour or offered cringeworthy viewing.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I saw some guy do that the other day.
    OP what are you going to do?
    How do you apply for this thing as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    Ohhh I saw some guy do that the other day.
    OP what are you going to do?
    How do you apply for this thing as well?
    http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

There only slots for October left now...

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeko)
    http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

There only slots for October left now...

Good Luck!
    grr I'll be away then....is this thing only for a year/limited time and when does it end?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    grr I'll be away then....is this thing only for a year/limited time and when does it end?!
    It's a limited thing...
    It ends on the 14th October
    started in July..
    100 days basically and every hour a different person occupies the plinth....

ReputationRep:
    Begin Satanic rituals to open a portal to hell and begin the next apocolypse.

Or I'd try to do some rapping.

I prefer the first idea though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.