Turn on thread page Beta

Would you consider this to be a date? watch

Anon or delete please.

So basically, it's like the title says. This will probably be long, but I'll try my best So, a few years ago a guy started working where I work, and we really hit it off. We used to hang out and stuff, but nothing ever happened because I had a boyfriend, but I was in a difficult position because I knew my boyfriend was cheating on me, yet I loved him and couldn't leave him despite liking the guy from work. I never lead the guy on, he knew exactly how the situation was, and we were just really good friends and he'd listen to my problems and I'd listen to his. In the end, I did break up with my boyfriend, and while I didn't want to get straight into a relationship after a 2 year relationship, I was devestated when the other guy got a girlfriend. We didn't fall out or anything as such, and I never said anything because I didn't expect him to hang around waiting just for me, but we did gradually drift apart because I think his girlfriend was a bit weary of us spending so much time together. Over the following year or two, we'd occasionally bump into eachother, and it'd always work out that as he broke up with his girlfriend, I'd be sort of seeing someone, or vice versa. Then he left work and we didn't speak quite as much, apart from one time at a bonfire. I had a boyfriend then (this sounds like I've had loads of boyfriends, I haven't) and he saw how my boyfriend was with me, and said I shouldn't put up with it. It was just general lack of respect and ignoring me, and this guy really helped me out when I was hurt, and he'd just broke up with his girlfriend and I listened to alot of his problems. We texted for a while but nothing much came of it because my boyfriend at the time was funny about me texting other guys (even though it was just as friends).

Fast forward to now, and last night after work a few of us went out, and he joined us all. We were basically together the whole night, although we didn't kiss or anything, we were just flirting. Anyway he's looking for a new job, and said "If you get me an application for your new place, I can come to yours tomorrow and pick it up, then we can go for a drink or something" I then said something along the lines of "Sure, and I can take it into work on the monday for you because I'm working then," to which he replied "or I could drop it off at your work, and then I get to see you."

So basically, we're going for a drink tonight, and after liking him for 3 years more or less, I can't wait but I'm also really, really nervous. But, I was just wondering if this is like a date, or am I wishful thinking and just reading into it all too much? When I got home from being out last night, he rang and said "Don't forget to ring me after work tomorrow and I can get the application form, and we can go for a drink" By the sounds of it, would you say he is just interested in the application form, or me also? Please be honest, and any help will be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he's interested in you. :yep:

I hope you have a really good night!

ReputationRep:
    see above ^

:cute:

ReputationRep:
    let me know if he got the job, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Keep it casual to start off with and see how it goes, they sound interested, have fun and see where it goes

I'm hardly someone who believes in destiny, but this sounds like a fated event that has FINALLY, after years of hit and misses, occured (or is about to).

Good luck :top:

ReputationRep:
    He sounds quite interested but still, be careful.

And good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if its a date or not, but you do need to kiss this guy. Have fun

Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciate them.

I don't want to sound really cheesy or anything, but it just seems after being pretty much crazy about him for so long, I'm so scared that I've misread the whole thing. I think about things too much lol. I just don't want to mess up. I think it stems from my past relationships because I always end up getting hurt and end up blaming myself. He's always been there for me though, so really I should just disregard this because I doubt he'd ever hurt me the way he's seen me get hurt before.

But yeah, keeping it casual sounds good. It's always pretty casual with us anyway at first, and then it turns into something more flirty then something always seems to get in the way. Hopefully this time it won't

ReputationRep:
    he's interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    It definitly seems like he's interested in you and it sounds like a date. You two deserve a date after all that!! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it sounds like a date OP. Idk what you're doing though...tell him up front you love him...

ReputationRep:
    Eeek I really hope so. I'm going to feel a bit silly if he acts like it's not a date now. I'm just intimidated because his ex was really, really pretty and I know he knows how I feel, so I don't want to do anything stupid!

ReputationRep:
    Oh.. there goes my anonymity lol :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I love this! I agree with the person above who said it was fate. All the best =)

ReputationRep:
    Tell him how you feel!!!

Good luck. Hope you two get together asap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Is he hot ?
    I think I've been soppy enough without launching into a description of him lol :redface: I don't usually do all this soppy business!

ReputationRep:
    Thats a yes :p:. You sound like a genuine nice girl, i'm sure you'll be fine! Just be yourself.

Soppy git.
    :redface: Thanks, I usually can be myself around him, but I'm not usually this nervous. I'm seriously on edge!

ReputationRep:
    "Awwhh" i actually said to myself as I read that heh.
    Sounds all gravy to me!
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you'll only be nervous before. Once you get there and actually start talking you'll be fine and will think "what the hell was i worrying about". The real question is, what are you going to wear :gasp:?
    I have that sorted, haha It's not gonna be anything really dressy or anything, and I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard.

I'm thinking skinny jeans, a nice top, a long-ish cardigan and maybe just some casual jewellery and nice shoes.

Like I said, I think about things too much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.