Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you consider this to be a date? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Yeah most girls seem the have the thinking too much problem! Though maybe you are a bit excessive :p:. But then us guys think quite a lot too, its just usually not about the same things .

Clothes sounds good! And yeah it's only difficult gauging the classyness of the date, casual or smart etc.

Well i hope you have a nice time! And quit worrying misses, you'll be fine.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    He sounds keen

But try not to get your hopes up too much (hard i know) just take it as it comes and enjoy yourself.

Have a good night =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

So basically, it's like the title says. This will probably be long, but I'll try my best So, a few years ago a guy started working where I work, and we really hit it off. We used to hang out and stuff, but nothing ever happened because I had a boyfriend, but I was in a difficult position because I knew my boyfriend was cheating on me, yet I loved him and couldn't leave him despite liking the guy from work. I never lead the guy on, he knew exactly how the situation was, and we were just really good friends and he'd listen to my problems and I'd listen to his. In the end, I did break up with my boyfriend, and while I didn't want to get straight into a relationship after a 2 year relationship, I was devestated when the other guy got a girlfriend. We didn't fall out or anything as such, and I never said anything because I didn't expect him to hang around waiting just for me, but we did gradually drift apart because I think his girlfriend was a bit weary of us spending so much time together. Over the following year or two, we'd occasionally bump into eachother, and it'd always work out that as he broke up with his girlfriend, I'd be sort of seeing someone, or vice versa. Then he left work and we didn't speak quite as much, apart from one time at a bonfire. I had a boyfriend then (this sounds like I've had loads of boyfriends, I haven't) and he saw how my boyfriend was with me, and said I shouldn't put up with it. It was just general lack of respect and ignoring me, and this guy really helped me out when I was hurt, and he'd just broke up with his girlfriend and I listened to alot of his problems. We texted for a while but nothing much came of it because my boyfriend at the time was funny about me texting other guys (even though it was just as friends).

Fast forward to now, and last night after work a few of us went out, and he joined us all. We were basically together the whole night, although we didn't kiss or anything, we were just flirting. Anyway he's looking for a new job, and said "If you get me an application for your new place, I can come to yours tomorrow and pick it up, then we can go for a drink or something" I then said something along the lines of "Sure, and I can take it into work on the monday for you because I'm working then," to which he replied "or I could drop it off at your work, and then I get to see you."

So basically, we're going for a drink tonight, and after liking him for 3 years more or less, I can't wait but I'm also really, really nervous. But, I was just wondering if this is like a date, or am I wishful thinking and just reading into it all too much? When I got home from being out last night, he rang and said "Don't forget to ring me after work tomorrow and I can get the application form, and we can go for a drink" By the sounds of it, would you say he is just interested in the application form, or me also? Please be honest, and any help will be greatly appreciated
    The last paragraph would suffice as an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    The last paragraph would suffice as an explanation.
    I guess I'll bear that in mind next time I start rambling on :]

ReputationRep:
    He could have just asked for you to hand him the application form but the fact he's asked you for drinks after shows interest on some level. Try not to get so worked up and just treat it like normal hanging out time with the guy, but hopefully something will progress and you can come home and say it was a date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    I guess I'll bear that in mind next time I start rambling on :]
    Haha

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    He could have just asked for you to hand him the application form but the fact he's asked you for drinks after shows interest on some level. Try not to get so worked up and just treat it like normal hanging out time with the guy, but hopefully something will progress and you can come home and say it was a date!
    After the disappointment of the last few years I know not to get too worked up, I've seen that things don't always work out with us. But I suppose now at least we're both in the position to actually talk, it always felt wrong before because one of us was always attached to someone else in some way or another, so now even if things don't work out there'll be more certainty about the situation so I can stop thinking about it if it's never going to happen :]

ReputationRep:
    He's asked you for drinks and said (somewhere in your ramble - i can't find it now! ) that he was basically using something as an excuse to see you? Sounds like he's interested and it's a date to me! Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    I had a situation like this once. I ended up getting molested by him in his car and he turned out to have a fiancee. Bad times...

ReputationRep:
    I think the worst case scenario is you'll still be friends, if more comes out of it then brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's interested if he insists on going for drinks instead of just quickly meeting up to the get application form. Especially judging by the past few years. I hope things go well for you! :hug:

ReputationRep:
    I have that sorted, haha It's not gonna be anything really dressy or anything, and I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard.

I'm thinking skinny jeans, a nice top, a long-ish cardigan and maybe just some casual jewellery and nice shoes.

Like I said, I think about things too much!
    Skinny jeans <3

Good luck hun Long time no speak as well, get on msn more!!!!!! :mad:

Let me know how it goes You deserve someone good after your ex :p: Seems a good fella :yes: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ste0731)
    Skinny jeans <3

Good luck hun Long time no speak as well, get on msn more!!!!!! :mad:

Let me know how it goes You deserve someone good after your ex :p: Seems a good fella :yes: x
    It went well and he came to my work yesterday, and ended up staying for an hour and a half just chatting and stuff, which was cool. The only thing in the way is that my weird ex knows him, and has threatened to get involved if anything happens with us bad, bad times.

Anyway, I think we're meeting up again soon and we've been texting and stuff

And, sorry Ste! You know I'm never on msn anyway, but I shall make a conscious effort to go on more just for you :]

ReputationRep:
    It went well and he came to my work yesterday, and ended up staying for an hour and a half just chatting and stuff, which was cool. The only thing in the way is that my weird ex knows him, and has threatened to get involved if anything happens with us bad, bad times.

Anyway, I think we're meeting up again soon and we've been texting and stuff

And, sorry Ste! You know I'm never on msn anyway, but I shall make a conscious effort to go on more just for you :]
    Good girl! Glad to hear it went well, and eurgh at your weird ex :confused: Whats he "threatened" to do? I severely hate that guy.

keep me informed and if your not on msn soon ima come and hunt you down girl! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it went. =)

ReputationRep:
    I would consider this an opportunity to get into your pants, be cautious.

ReputationRep:
    Good girl! Glad to hear it went well, and eurgh at your weird ex :confused: Whats he "threatened" to do? I severely hate that guy.

keep me informed and if your not on msn soon ima come and hunt you down girl! :cool:
    He got the job at my place Had his interview yesterday morning and I had to call him from work in the evening to let him know he's got it. So we've seen quite a bit of eachother lately and have been texting. Plus he's asked to work the same shifts as me :] But yeah, I'm still being cautious after what everyone has said.

He's not threatened to do anything as such, he just said he'd make sure he "got involved" if anything happened, and he's been asking his friends to find out through my friends what's going on. His friends are on my side because they know how he's been with me but have warned that he'll try to make things difficult. Bad times :\

ReputationRep:
    He got the job at my place Had his interview yesterday morning and I had to call him from work in the evening to let him know he's got it. So we've seen quite a bit of eachother lately and have been texting. Plus he's asked to work the same shifts as me :] But yeah, I'm still being cautious after what everyone has said.

He's not threatened to do anything as such, he just said he'd make sure he "got involved" if anything happened, and he's been asking his friends to find out through my friends what's going on. His friends are on my side because they know how he's been with me but have warned that he'll try to make things difficult. Bad times :\
    Ohhhh sounds all rosy and good in laura land! :cool: Until i come attack you for not being on msn :yes: Hmm i'm sure all TSR could put together for a hitman, and sort your ex out once and for all Seriously, may it be better coming from you whats going on? he may take it calmer and you might be able to explain to him. I know he's not going to take it lightly, but he'll be 100000000 x more annoyed if he found through a friend or saw you in a bar etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh sounds all rosy and good in laura land! :cool: Until i come attack you for not being on msn :yes: Hmm i'm sure all TSR could put together for a hitman, and sort your ex out once and for all Seriously, may it be better coming from you whats going on? he may take it calmer and you might be able to explain to him. I know he's not going to take it lightly, but he'll be 100000000 x more annoyed if he found through a friend or saw you in a bar etc.
    I can’t really speak to him because last time I tried was when he turned up in town when I was with my friends a few weeks ago. He started asking if he could stay with us and get a taxi back together, and I said I didn’t want to because it would be awkward given our situation. He then started hurling abuse at me and my friends, and when I tried to talk he stormed off and then kept texting and calling me for the rest of the night. Plus there’s not exactly anything going on at the moment, we’re just texting and stuff. I wouldn’t say we’re seeing eachother or anything. But IF anything happens, you're probably right.

And dude, I have two jobs! The msn thing is hard to resolve, as I can’t get on it at work!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.