Turn on thread page Beta

I hate it when people leave others out watch

ReputationRep:
    Since we've broken up for summer after our A levels, I keep finding that my friends do things without me.
    Sometimes I get invited along, so it's not all the time.
    But then when I go on facebook I see on one of my "best" friends status something like :"I had a great time last night in town with the girlies."
    Or something like that.

I can't explain how depressed that makes me feel, the fact that they have all gone to town without me and then write about it the next day when they know I can read it.
    What do I do? Do I talk to them? The thing is-is that I am supposed to be going away on holiday with my best friend near the end of summer down south, but I don't want to go if they continue treating me like this.

Do I have a right to be annoyed?

ReputationRep:
    people grow apart. just find new friends.

ReputationRep:
    I can kind of see where your coming from, but i doubt your friends are being malicious, sometimes people are just absent minded.

Why don't you try and be the organiser when it comes to doing things, nights out etc. Then you can't be left out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSunshine5)
    Since we've broken up for summer after our A levels, I keep finding that my friends do things without me.
    Sometimes I get invited along, so it's not all the time.
    But then when I go on facebook I see on one of my "best" friends status something like :"I had a great time last night in town with the girlies."
    Or something like that.

I can't explain how depressed that makes me feel, the fact that they have all gone to town without me and then write about it the next day when they know I can read it.
    What do I do? Do I talk to them? The thing is-is that I am supposed to be going away on holiday with my best friend near the end of summer down south, but I don't want to go if they continue treating me like this.

This would probably be better in H&R but, I know how you feel my friends used to do it to me when I wasn;t 18, I guess I kinda held them back. Either a). start making some new friends you can go out with if you main 'friends' dont invite you.

b). Tell your friends to ask you next time.

c).Be the one to invite all the 'girlies' out.

They probably odnt realise they are leaving you out and will have no idea how much it is upsetting you, maybe try talking to your best friend in the group about it and see what she says?

ReputationRep:
    It's common, over time you will probably meet up with them again and have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    girlies? what the **** are they trying to attract paedophiles?
    sound like immoral ****s if you ask me
    invite them to your local swimming pool and drown them.

one by one.

ReputationRep:
    You do have a right to be annoyed in that that's how it is affecting you, that's how it's making you feel, and that's just the way it is.

I know it is certainly the same for me, it feels like I've been left out of most things for my entire life and I get reeeeally annoyed about it.

But they might not be meaning to leave you out - it might just be who they happened to go out with at the time, it doesn't necessarily mean you mean any less to them or whatever. People have different friendship groups. Maybe you could vary the people you go out with?

Maybe talk to your friend about the holiday - bring up the fact that you're aware that she's been with other people more than you and you're not sure whether she even wants go on holiday with you anymore, and might prefer to take someone else. Just see what she says to that. If she agrees that she'd like to take other people instead, then she's not worth it. But I imagine she'll reassure you and you'll have a great time.

Sorry this might not make much sense, tirrred :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    girlies? what the **** are they trying to attract paedophiles?
    sound like immoral ****s if you ask me
    invite them to your local swimming pool and drown them.

one by one.
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    This would probably be better in H&R but, I know how you feel my friends used to do it to me when I wasn;t 18, I guess I kinda held them back. Either a). start making some new friends you can go out with if you main 'friends' dont invite you.

b). Tell your friends to ask you next time.

c).Be the one to invite all the 'girlies' out.

They probably odnt realise they are leaving you out and will have no idea how much it is upsetting you, maybe try talking to your best friend in the group about it and see what she says?
    Thankyou this has helped.
    They probabaly don't mean to leave me out I guess, but it is happening more and more.

(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...
    Exactly what I wasn thinking.

(Original post by malleablegrace)
    You do have a right to be annoyed in that that's how it is affecting you, that's how it's making you feel, and that's just the way it is.

I know it is certainly the same for me, it feels like I've been left out of most things for my entire life and I get reeeeally annoyed about it.

But they might not be meaning to leave you out - it might just be who they happened to go out with at the time, it doesn't necessarily mean you mean any less to them or whatever. People have different friendship groups. Maybe you could vary the people you go out with?

Maybe talk to your friend about the holiday - bring up the fact that you're aware that she's been with other people more than you and you're not sure whether she even wants go on holiday with you anymore, and might prefer to take someone else. Just see what she says to that. If she agrees that she'd like to take other people instead, then she's not worth it. But I imagine she'll reassure you and you'll have a great time.

Sorry this might not make much sense, tirrred :yawn:
    Thankyou.
    That is a good idea about the holiday.
    I will see what she says.
    It did makes sense too

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou this has helped.
    They probabaly don't mean to leave me out I guess, but it is happening more and more.
    The reason you are becoming upset is because inside you are telling yourself they are doing this on purpose and in spite. I am 99% certain if you wanted to go they would want you to and enjoy your company. I would expect they dont realise they are leaving you out, as when you go out in a griup it is easy to be swept away, especially if it is a spontaneous event.

Best thing to do is not to get sad and down about it as that wont help, just quietly mention it to a friend, ring them up more etc. I'm sure it will work out fine in the end, just a rough patch :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it too, but lamentably it has happened far too much to me in the past. There've been times when a "friend" got everyone else in our friendship circle a present and not me, and she thought I wouldn't find out. Another time, this other girl made really pretty bracelets for two girls and fobbed me off with this awful one. Another time, I went to a girl's house, and she already had a friend there, and she blanked me the whole time. I know it sounds petty, especially as these things happened when I was about 14, but they still make a huge mark on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    The reason you are becoming upset is because inside you are telling yourself they are doing this on purpose and in spite. I am 99% certain if you wanted to go they would want you to and enjoy your company. I would expect they dont realise they are leaving you out, as when you go out in a griup it is easy to be swept away, especially if it is a spontaneous event.

Best thing to do is not to get sad and down about it as that wont help, just quietly mention it to a friend, ring them up more etc. I'm sure it will work out fine in the end, just a rough patch :yep:
    Yeh that's the thing, because I keep thinking about it, it builds up in my head to the point where I think they are doing it to upset me. But when I think about it like that, I know they're not, I think what's upsetting me is the fact that they leave me out.
    Whether it isn't intentional, and it's just accidental.
    Thankyou though

ReputationRep:
    Yes you most certainly do. You can't call people friends if they deliberately aren't including you. All it takes is a text, or a Facebook message to invite and include someone.

To flaunt it on Facebook that they had fun when you didn't is just tactless and vain. It can be hurtful to leave people out.

I suggest you find new friends. Are you going to University in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Yes you most certainly do. You can't call people friends if they deliberately aren't including you. All it takes is a text, or a Facebook message to invite and include someone.

To flaunt it on Facebook that they had fun when you didn't is just tactless and vain. It can be hurtful to leave people out.

I suggest you find new friends. Are you going to University in the summer?
    Thankyou, that's what was running through my mind too.
    Girls can be mean.
    And yes I am going to University.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.