Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of which ... I'm back from holiday now, so I may even get on MSN one night soon!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't really know where to post this, but I received a letter today offering me a permanent commission as a Pilot and a place on IOT 19
    As you can imagine I am MASSIVELY over the moon. I cannot express my thanks enough to all those on here who have helped answer some of the questions I had and just generally post up advice towards the selection process. I will stick around as much as I can and try to give something back to the forum! Thanks everyone. Eyes on.

ReputationRep:
    mate thats so fast!! wel done though!! you did really well!!

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, that WAS fast! Nice work dude! Hopefully I won't be too far behind you!!

ReputationRep:
    eyes on, Well done mate! you put a lot of work in and got the best reward! so a massive well done. Also to all other people that have been to OASC or are going to OASC good luck and i have my fingers crossed for you all! Hopefully i will be one of the lucky ones who post on here and say i have got the branch i was going for. Well done again eyes, good luck Owen.

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for the current affairs MSN chat as well...if its still going ahead that is!

ReputationRep:
    For all those still interested, the first MSN Current Affairs study session has been planned for this coming Thursday, August 13th at 7pm.

Anybody who wishes to get in on this, that hasn't already done so, drop me a message and I'll give you my MSN address.

I think a few people are interested already, so we should hopefully get some lively discussions going on.

Cheers,
    Sam J

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am interested! email please lol

ReputationRep:
    I also received a letter from Cranwell today, however, I am in the sift.....at least it's not a no, right!

ReputationRep:
    Well done Owen! Whats the Sift? Its not a NO so well done

ReputationRep:
    its the 'maybe' pile.

Along the lines of 'I am pleased to announce that your application is being considered and has been put forward to a review to take place in Sept 09, in which we will notify you in writing.'

It's the sift lol. I guess that because they can't fill ABM, that's a good thing for me right! hehe

ReputationRep:
    thats good, at least they did not say no. You will be fine. Just keep your fingers crossed! lol

ReputationRep:
    whats the infomation like that you get in the table for the SDT questions at OASC?

ReputationRep:
    Owen, I would take being in the sift to be a positive thing. Keep your head up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stegriff)
    whats the infomation like that you get in the table for the SDT questions at OASC?
    It's weight,speed and fuel...really can't explain anymore. Just learn SDT and go there to give it a shot - that's all that everyone else has done.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats good advice, eyes when do you start IOT?

ReputationRep:
    November, cant wait! Heard a fair few stories, but looking forward to it none the less!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i bet, You on msn mate?

ReputationRep:
    I never really go on there, if you have any Q's, better to PM me. You should know everything by now though buddy!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i feel i know enough, theres always a thought in your head saying you have not done enough lol. I dont like to fail at things, thats why obsess in detail i guess lol. I think you dont know when you know enough untill you are asked questions. The reason i asked if you had msn was so you can quiz me on stuff when you hav some free time, would be a big help mate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.