Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Social custom in nightclubs/bars and on 'lads' holidays Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just get drunk so it won't matter who or what you talk to or what you talk about about.

That's pretty much the idea of a 'lads holiday' not to remember anything you did for a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teaandcake-please)
    thats hilarious. ive just got back from kavos, why didn't we think of this?!?! hahaha. have you been to any of the other big resorts- just wondering how malia compares, as I think it's next on my list!
    I've only been Malia so far, but I'm going to Bulgaria in a couple of weeks.

Malia is definatley a cracking place to party.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy us drinks, it's a planned game, we always see how many drinks we can get, and walk off happy. Only buy us a drink if we've been talking to you for more than 15 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy girls drinks. If she doesn't seem interested in you from word go then chances are she isn't going to be interested in you.

Don't go out expecting to get laid.

ReputationRep:
    "Lads holidays" are for disgusting uncultured proles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    only time i would buy a girl a drink is if we'd been talking for like 20 minutes and we'd both finished our original drinks

lol @ white guys in clubs. i don't get how white people think getting pissed and putting your lips on some **** is a result.
    and lol @ black guys who stay sober to take an easy pick of drunken white girls to take home and think it's a result :rolleyes: ah generalisation, fun times, except i'll be the only one to get warned/neg repped for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 68MANC99RED08)
    and lol @ black guys who stay sober to take an easy pick of drunken white girls to take home and think it's a result :rolleyes: ah generalisation, fun times, except i'll be the only one to get warned/neg repped for it.
    lolololol

nah no negs, not from me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think the main thing is just to be yourself. Don't get all cocky, even if your friends are. Havving been to clubs both in the UK and abroad, I can safely say that lads often get it wrong.

I've been abroad before when a guy has literally come up to me and grabbed by boob! He actually thought that was ok - it's not. Don't get all pervy like that - the best way to get a girl is to be just be normal, maybe ask her her name, something like that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't buy girls drinks. They'll just take advantage and leave you with an empty wallet before moving onto the next guy who is foolish enough to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anywhere near as much about it as you are now. Turn off the brain. If impossible, get smashed, and watch yourself do the fun stuff as if you were switched to automatic.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a so called "lads-holiday" before (im 17btw) and it was rather fun. I would definately recommend you take enough money as buying drinks every night can become rather expensive, although i never bought any for girls - mostly because im a tight git, and perhaps more importantly my very scent repelled them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 725308)
    Don't buy her a drink unless she actually seems interested. Chances are a lot of girls might be nice to you at first to get a drink out of you.

Actually, don't get her a drink whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    "Lads holidays" are for disgusting uncultured proles.
    :rolleyes:

They're probably the funniest week you'll have all year. We're (me and my mates anyway) 18, we have plenty of time in our lives to be 'cultured', but atm having a mortal laugh for 7 nights in a foreign country is one of the best experiences you can have. If your not on a wind up then you probably genuinely look down on people who have that type of craic, but I can near enough garuntee we will be having a hell of a lot better time than you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.