Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm new to TSR but, I've been lurking around for a bit and it seems this is the best place to post this.

Well about 2 months ago I split up with my ex and the past month or so I've had a crush on someone I met at the uni (Cute, Brown hair, Blue eyes, really nice to me) anyway we chat a bit so I got her number, she's a bit older than me but, I never saw that as a problem. Anyway last week I rung her up, just chatted to see how she was doing and I decided to take the plunge and ask her out she rejected me (well she said it's not a good idea we go out, same thing) but, since then I've just been really depressed about being single.

Before then I didn't notice it but, since then I've really missed the intimacy of being in a relationship, the closeness and the connection. I have a great social life but, I miss actually being with someone I can call my girlfriend. It's not the I can't get a girl but, they tend to be random pulls if I go out and nothing more. Also it kind of stings that I really liked this girl that I asked out, I havn't spoken to her since then but, I guess I blew it with that one and I should move on rather than risk jepodising a friendship even though I really don't want to move on.

Oh well, I just wanted a good rant, Thanks for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's only been 2 months. You've tried once and it didn't work, just try again with a different girl. Don't allow yourself to get discouraged so easily.

ReputationRep:
    I know it may feel difficult now, but your only young and you have the rest of your life to be in a steady relationship. Try enjoying single life for the the minute and focus on the things you have (a good social life etc) rather than things you don't.

And trust me, 2 months is not a long time
    I've never been in a proper relationship, just hasn't worked out right for various reasons, but it's important not to wallow in things.

Oh.. and good on you for calling that girl! It takes alot of bottle to do that

ReputationRep:
    stop being such a damn pussy and get out there and talk to girls if you dont want to be single anymore!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Adeline-)
    Well it's only been 2 months. You've tried once and it didn't work, just try again with a different girl. Don't allow yourself to get discouraged so easily.
    But, the thing is I don't want to try again with a different girl, that girl was basically everything I look for in a girlfriend and they don't come by that often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    stop being such a damn pussy and get out there and talk to girls if you dont want to be single anymore!!!
    The only places to meet girls are in clubs and bars and the girls there tend to be drunk randomers just looking to hook up with a guy (although maybe it's the places I go lol) now that Uni is finished there's not many places to go to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll find someone else you like if you give it enough time.

ReputationRep:
    2 months is nothing, dear- try five years. I'd say only go for a relationship if you're absolutely comfortable with yourself while single.

As for meeting people, I've had my most near-successes when meeting people on public transport, randomly out on the street, through friends or at non-drunken social occasions. Just work on approaching people! Not all of them can be failures. Unless you're me, in which case, er, concentrate on your friends and fuggetaboutit. : p

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether you're depressed about being single or feeling depressed because one girl rejected you, as the solutions are pretty different. I get the feeling it's the latter, in which case I would advise talking to the girl and finding out why she thinks it's not a good idea for you to go out? It's possible that she might think you're not over your ex yet. :dontknow:

Otherwise, keep yourself busy and I'm sure you'll meet someone soon. It's only been 2 months after all, plenty of people have been single a lot longer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Bombay)
    The only places to meet girls are in clubs and bars and the girls there tend to be drunk randomers just looking to hook up with a guy (although maybe it's the places I go lol) now that Uni is finished there's not many places to go to.
    Your wrong. Girls are everywhere not just in clubs. Get out of your house and take a walk around. Try shopping malls those places are full of girls!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    I'm not sure whether you're depressed about being single or feeling depressed because one girl rejected you, as the solutions are pretty different. I get the feeling it's the latter, in which case I would advise talking to the girl and finding out why she thinks it's not a good idea for you to go out? It's possible that she might think you're not over your ex yet. :dontknow:

Otherwise, keep yourself busy and I'm sure you'll meet someone soon. It's only been 2 months after all, plenty of people have been single a lot longer!
    Probably is the latter tbh, She never met my ex so I don't think that's it. The only reason I can think of is she's not attracted to me and just likes me as a friend or becauses there's a bit of an age gap (I've just finished my first year of uni, she's doing a masters so that's like 7 years difference) talking to her about it might be a bit awkward then. Tbh I think I'll mope around for a bit and try to move on and have fun. Although that will be hard whilst I'm still attracted to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    Your wrong. Girls are everywhere not just in clubs. Get out of your house and take a walk around. Try shopping malls those places are full of girls!!!
    It's more about this one girl than finding a girlfriend if you get what I mean. You don't have to put !!! at the end of everything, you're being perfectly clear.

ReputationRep:
    Live the single life for a while, It's fun not being tied down

(Original post by Dr Bombay)
    Hey, I'm new to TSR but, I've been lurking around for a bit and it seems this is the best place to post this.

Well about 2 months ago I split up with my ex and the past month or so I've had a crush on someone I met at the uni (Cute, Brown hair, Blue eyes, really nice to me) anyway we chat a bit so I got her number, she's a bit older than me but, I never saw that as a problem. Anyway last week I rung her up, just chatted to see how she was doing and I decided to take the plunge and ask her out she rejected me (well she said it's not a good idea we go out, same thing) but, since then I've just been really depressed about being single.

Before then I didn't notice it but, since then I've really missed the intimacy of being in a relationship, the closeness and the connection. I have a great social life but, I miss actually being with someone I can call my girlfriend. It's not the I can't get a girl but, they tend to be random pulls if I go out and nothing more. Also it kind of stings that I really liked this girl that I asked out, I havn't spoken to her since then but, I guess I blew it with that one and I should move on rather than risk jepodising a friendship even though I really don't want to move on.

Oh well, I just wanted a good rant, Thanks for any advice.
    are you Indian? If so your parents are gonna be mad :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    are you Indian? If so your parents are gonna be mad :yep:
    Yes I am Indian, My family (well my two elder sisters) are aware of my current situation and both my parents are aware of my previous relationships. Why would they be mad? They arn't conservative like most Indian families

ReputationRep:
    well. id like to say you sound like a nice guy. but also, no point in being depressed. shake yourself out of it. we all feel that way, esp after breakups.

Stop being so spoilt. There's some people who are depressed about being alone their whole life, and to think, just two months?

Seriously, it's not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Sir, can I first say that I'm a massive fan of your work; 'Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)' is truly a masterpiece :love:

Now, two months is not a long time. You say that you don't want any other girl but this one; there's plenty of time for that to change, despite how unlikely that might seem right now. You need to detach yourself from the emotionally clouded view of things that occupies you presently and realise that things aren't so bad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.