Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Eeerm only had one proper serious girlfriend and that was two years in length. Had a load of crappy teeny relationships. I'm single about 7/8 months from the proper one I guess.

Not bothered... I'd like a girlfriend but I like not having some cow nagging me for doing this / that wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Years, and years, and years. I'm a computer scientist, I've got to do what's expected of me.
    There's hope yet for you, my boyfriend's doing software engineering. :P
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HRHxo)
    "It'll happen when you least expect it" is all people keep saying blah.
    I want a summer fling, they're the best:p:
    It's all nonsense that
    Never had one me. As I've said, I've had the one girlfriend and it didn't turn out too well.

I've been single about 5 years now, wow, sounds quite a while when I write that down..

ReputationRep:
    2 years

:o:

ReputationRep:
    Coming up three years.

ReputationRep:
    depends what you mean by single i guess. Completely and totally single? maybe a year, but i'd struggle to say which one, im normally at least seeing a girl or having a few prospects around. If you mean specifically in a long term relationship, then 2 years, which appears to be coming to an end as we speak, without counting my chickens. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin)
    being single is the best thinggggggg!!!
    good. Nice to see an independent woman who doesn't need a man to achieve what she wants.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    tooo long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    is that sarcastique?

well yep person x may not have had a relationshippy, but he/she could still:

*have an exceptional academic record.
    *be an outstanding athlete/sportsperson.
    *be a grade 8 musician who performs on a regular basis.
    *have started up their own business.
    *earn well over the national average.
    *drive a fancy car and go on holidays to exotic places.

I'd rather any of those than something bog-standard like have a temporary firlgriend/foybriend, no?

squish.
    True, but in the context of this thread, the question is more about relationships, and not how many A*s they have/all the other stuff you said. And what's the squish??! You keep writing that and I still don't get what it means!

2 years now. It doesn't feel that long :eek:
    Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    And what's the squish??! You keep writing that and I still don't get what it means!
    exactly, sounds gay as fcuk. If its that important stick it in your sig so everyone can not read it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Same! *High-Five*
    I hope you're proud of that, else I shall be taking back my high five. :P
    Ha, I'm indifferent. I don't particularly want a relationship, but then if the right person came along I wouldn't say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    good. Nice to see an independent woman who doesn't need a man to achieve what she wants.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    :p: my whole life.....

Few years. I like being single though and have had guys ask me out but didn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    since birth ... 2 hours. i got into a relationship with the girl being born next door but dumped her a few days later for another in room 208

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for a couple of years now. Sometimes I feel lonely, others I couldn't give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    2 months maybe Haven't really counted inbetween relationships :P

ReputationRep:
    About a month I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.