Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

chlamidia - can't spell - letter + what to do.. watch

ReputationRep:
    well here it is! I have recently turned 18 and its funny coz one of the first letters i received was saying i can have a free chlamidia test ! :P should i get one? i'm not too bothered coz i've only been with 2 girls and i'm pretty sure i'm clean and i've always used protection.... just wondering....

ReputationRep:
    You have nothing to lose by trying one.

I get myself tested every six months even though i'm very careful and have always used protection. If you're sexually active then it makes good sense to get yourself checked out regularly.

ReputationRep:
    'pretty sure' means you don't know. There's no harm in knowing but surely chlamydia tests are free anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's free, you've got nothing to lose by doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Might as well. Can't do any harm, and it's better to know right? And if you have - at least you'll know where you got it from!

ETA: And i got a chlamydia test card for my 16th valentines day. It was just as well i did have my one boyfriend then, because otherwise if that was the only valentines i got i would have been really upset! As it was, i just thought EWW that's such bad taste. I believe it went something like: "This valentines day, make sure love is ALL you get". Delightful.

ReputationRep:
    I would go for it.

Is it one of the ones that you send off in the post? If so then it is anonymous and there isn't really any embarrassment involved.

It is probably better to know one way or the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meandmyimaginaryfriend)
    Might as well. Can't do any harm, and it's better to know right? And if you have - at least you'll know where you got it from!

ETA: And i got a chlamydia test card for my 16th valentines day. It was just as well i did have my one boyfriend then, because otherwise if that was the only valentines i got i would have been really upset! As it was, i just thought EWW that's such bad taste. I believe it went something like: "This valentines day, make sure love is ALL you get". Delightful.

OH LAWL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I would go for it.

Is it one of the ones that you send off in the post? If so then it is anonymous and there isn't really any embarrassment involved.

It is probably better to know one way or the other
    yhh its one of those posty things. not realy too embaressed i was just wondering is it worth the hassle when i'm 99.999999% sure i don't have chlamidia. the only reason i am not 100% sure is coz its symptomless in guys and so you never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkygonewild)
    yhh its one of those posty things. not realy too embaressed i was just wondering is it worth the hassle when i'm 99.999999% sure i don't have chlamidia. the only reason i am not 100% sure is coz its symptomless in guys and so you never know!
    I would go for it because then you can be 100% sure.

I was 99.99999% sure I didn't have it but still decided it was a good idea to get tested when the people from the GUM clinic came to one of our lectures and said we should all get tested. It was actually quite nice to know that I didn't have it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.