Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's your 1st car and insurance company? watch

ReputationRep:
    as above

and any1 recommend a VW Golf/Polo as a 1st car?

ReputationRep:
    I have never tried a VW Golf or Polo so I can't comment. It depends what you mean by "first car" and "first insurance company". My first car was a peugeot 106 and it was insured with the co-op. Neither of these were in my name though. The first car I owned (my current car) is a freelander and it is insured with admiral.

ReputationRep:
    yes, they last for ages and keep their value, my mum managed to get £500 for her K reg Golf a few months ago, nothing ever went wrong with it besides just general wear and tear.

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to be the cheapest vehicles for young male drivers with no NCB to insure. I'd always recommend going down the classic route, but if you don't like the idea of that, try something other than a golf.

ReputationRep:
    which are the cheapest cars to insure?

ReputationRep:
    Tescos was my first insurance company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spursj911)
    Generally IMO classic cars as you get cheap classic car policies

ReputationRep:
    KA with tesco

ReputationRep:
    More Th<n

'05 Citroen C2 1.1l

19 Year old Male

Fully comp

£600

ReputationRep:
    I had a revolting quote by using one of those comparison sites. I am 18 (19 soon) and got a quote for over £3000 for a 7 year old diesel Seat leon. I had to ask if the man on the other end of the phone was serious and if he had thought about the question he asked which was ''do you want to continue with the quote?'', this was after he went through my details of being a student without a part time job.
    Elephant (Admiral group) is the best for insurance on your own, Co-op is the best for insurance when on a parents policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spursj911)
    Classics. My policy is £88 on my A7, and my bf and my policy on our A30 is £92

ReputationRep:
    i have the iphone

ReputationRep:
    KA 06 with Churchill got free breakdown cover with it too.

ReputationRep:
    Y Reg Daewoo Matiz

£1500 with Direct Line

Own policy, no other named drivers, 17, male.

ReputationRep:
    oh im the perfect person to answer your question. i drive a vw golf 1.4 mark 4 and i paid £1500 a year for the insurance. the golf is a car far superior to a vw polo, corsa or any other small hatch. fully get the vw golf if you want to enjoy driving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furry747)
    Y Reg Daewoo Matiz

£1500 with Direct Line

Own policy, no other named drivers, 17, male.
    Daewoo Matiz £1500 with Direct Line? all i can say is ur getting ripped off for a rather ludacris car lol

ReputationRep:
    Peugeot 206 1.1 with Tesco. £930 the first year and £710 the next.

ReputationRep:
    X reg Ford Ka

Quinn Direct £409 for 12 months or £35 a month after a deposit of £106. My test is in just over two weeks so I've chosen the monthly option.

I've read a couple funky reviews on them but my best friend is with them so I'm giving them a chance.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.