Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both but don't have a clue which one to accept as firm offer. Nottinghams prospectus is definately more appealing, but i think i will wait until after visiting both.
    What are your opinions on both, which is more highly valued, if any, by top city employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theECONOMIST)
    I have offers from both but don't have a clue which one to accept as firm offer. Nottinghams prospectus is definately more appealing, but i think i will wait until after visiting both.
    What are your opinions on both, which is more highly valued, if any, by top city employers.

Have a friend doing Economics at Warwick, and friends doing other subjects at Nottingham. My friend at Warwick did not find the first year challenging..tho one thing...2nd yr u live miles and miles away from the uni. Nottingham peeps love it. Both are equally reputable.

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer from Nottingham on Noverber 18th, 'coincidentially' Bristol rejected me the following day. Got offer from Birmingham early November.
    Got offer from Warwick on Tuesday. I think i'll go for notts if i dont get an offer from cam or LSE

ReputationRep:
    Both offered (AAA or AABB).
    Seems pretty fair.

ReputationRep:
    hey we applied to the same places, nearly.
    cam,lse,notts,birmingham,warwick ,bristol
    You had any offers yet?
    What you applied to read at oxford?
    i have an interview at cambridge on 18th at Jesus College

ReputationRep:
    How many places were there last year to read economics at Warwick, it doesnt say on their prospectus for some reason. Why is Warwick one of few good universities who withhold this important information from applicants. Never mind, at leats they made me an offer but i will reject it as Nottingham is a better uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEXTadamSMITH)
    How many places were there last year to read economics at Warwick, it doesnt say on their prospectus for some reason. Why is Warwick one of few good universities who withhold this important information from applicants. Never mind, at leats they made me an offer but i will reject it as Nottingham is a better uni.
    i think warwick is a better uni. overall it's always above nottingham in league tables etc. the only reason y nottingham is better is probs better city, better nightlife. whereas warwick is in the middle of nowhere. i'd choose warwick over nottingham any day though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    i think warwick is a better uni. overall it's always above nottingham in league tables etc. the only reason y nottingham is better is probs better city, better nightlife. whereas warwick is in the middle of nowhere. i'd choose warwick over nottingham any day though
    Well Nottingham receives more applicants per place than Warwick, what does that tell you, you have to ignore rankings in this case.
    I'm sure employers see both uni's as similar but then again notts has more oxbridge rejects (high quality rejects), therefore they see them as a brighter bunch.
    Personally i see notts as a better uni, a great uni in a great location, what more could you ask for.

ReputationRep:
    This is based on personal opinion, but Notts seems preferable to Warwick academically. Warwick does, however, have one of the best campuses I've seen, although the distance from Coventry may be slightly off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worried)
    This is based on personal opinion, but Notts seems preferable to Warwick academically. Warwick does, however, have one of the best campuses I've seen, although the distance from Coventry may be slightly off-putting.
    hold on, all i've been hearing on here is how great nottingham's campus is, i have yet to visit (4th feb open day). So are you saying that Warwick's is better than Nottingham's? I do agree though, that Warwick's campus does look pretty impressive., but then again prospectuses can give a misleading view.

ReputationRep:
    well, i know I'm biased, but if you're going off the aesthetic appearance of the campus, Notts wins

ReputationRep:
    hold on, all i've been hearing on here is how great nottingham's campus is, i have yet to visit (4th feb open day). So are you saying that Warwick's is better than Nottingham's? I do agree though, that Warwick's campus does look pretty impressive., but then again prospectuses can give a misleading view.
    I'm not sure: both universities are known for the quality of their respective campuses. I've only visited Warwick, so my opinions may be coloured.

I have heard, however, that Warwick has the 'better' campus - but only from a few, limited sources - and as the post above shows, it may be down to personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    why would you do that, out of interest.
    The campus at warwick can't be better than Nottingham's can it???
    Well who cares, I need a life also and Nottingham offers a much better 1, bet you can't beat that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero101)
    iv been 2 warwick, and i live in notts
    if i had a choice id go warwick - campus is amazing
    however notts is more of a city
    i so agree with u......i fell in love with warwick. i was disappointed with nott, its not as good as every1 says it is. but i guess if u want night life etc, go nott.

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love with Warwick too, Nottingham was my insurance however.

We're not that far from Coventry or Leamington Spa, half an hour from Leam, and depending on which part of Coventry, about 20mins away. Kenilworth is 10 mins away.

I'd go for Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    I fell in love with Warwick too, Nottingham was my insurance however.

We're not that far from Coventry or Leamington Spa, half an hour from Leam, and depending on which part of Coventry, about 20mins away. Kenilworth is 10 mins away.

I'd go for Warwick.
    YAYYY......for warwick! i'm not sure whether nott will be my back up, depends if i get offer from warwick...fingers crossed!!!

i was told quote 'warwick is a hole' but that was by a friend here at notts.

it a tough one really although i personally view warwick as being soley an academic/business orientated uni, i'd say nottingham looks more impressive really as warwick is fairly new (1960s?)

plus coventry is well....coventry hehe

that said my friend is doing economics at warwick and was enjoying it the last time i talked to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    i was told quote 'warwick is a hole' but that was by a friend here at notts.

it a tough one really although i personally view warwick as being soley an academic/business orientated uni, i'd say nottingham looks more impressive really as warwick is fairly new (1960s?)

plus coventy is well....coventy hehe

that said my friend is doing economics at warwick and was enjoying it the last time i talked to her
    warwick is newer and more of contemporary style which is totally wot i'm looking for. nottingham was not as good...although i was pleased with the jubilee campus (where business courses r) so i'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    Well Nottingham receives more applicants per place than Warwick, what does that tell you, you have to ignore rankings in this case.
    I'm sure employers see both uni's as similar but then again notts has more oxbridge rejects (high quality rejects), therefore they see them as a brighter bunch.
    Personally i see notts as a better uni, a great uni in a great location, what more could you ask for.

Applications per place means nothing! If it did, then Oxford would be one of the easier universities to get into. Second incorrect assumption being that of a higher quality of rejects, no, Warwick has the higher average 'A' level points score across the university. (although the difference is slight, of course).

The highest quality of students based on 'A' level is Cambridge/Oxford/LSE/Imperial/Bristol/Warwick.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.