Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've got a sore throat and a runny nose :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    SWINE FLU!?

I don't know what to do. I got a sore throat last night but at the time I thought it was because I had eaten too many crisps and they had been a bit harsh on the throat. Woken up with a runny nose. Haven't got a fever and I don't geel tired or anything...I just went shopping.

Have I got a cold? Or Swine flu?
    I don't want to die in 48 hours
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Give it a couple of days and see if you feel any better. Otherwise I'd call your GP.

ReputationRep:
    You thought that eating too many crisps had given you flu sypmtoms?

ReputationRep:
    I keep saying this to people time and time again: there's no need to be calm, you almost certainly have swine flu and if you don't run and make a big scene to your GP, you will almost certainly perish.

ReputationRep:
    So have I.

My throats hurt for like the last week.

My doctor is scarier than swine flu though :p:

ReputationRep:
    You should go to the doctor. YOU COULD DIEEEEEE. :O :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bingobongo)
    I got a sore throat last night but at the time I thought it was because I had eaten too many crisps and they had been a bit harsh on the throat
    lol, you're a legend. get some swine-flu oink-ment and get off teh Interwebz. :yep:

PS

chew your food

ReputationRep:
    You probably just gave a really good blowjob and the goods shot up your nose.

ReputationRep:
    I've feel nauseous, dodgy stomach, headache, sore throat, hot one minute, cold the next, glands are swollen, sneezing occasionally, exhausted. I'm flying to the States on Thursday! Doctor just thinks it's just a virus. Hang on, Swine Flu is a virus. Will keep taking the paracetamol.

ReputationRep:
    Man up, ive had a blocked nose for atleast 2 weeks now, and i recently went on holiday to mexico.

ReputationRep:
    wait a day or two before going to the GP, you don't have a fever yet and a high temp is the major thing that they look for when diagnosing swine flu

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother going. If you have got it and you go, you're gonna pass it on to more people, and the GP will tell you to do whta you do for normal flu. You now only get Tamiflu if you have a pre-existing medical condition that could cause complications.

ReputationRep:
    i've had a bad throat and cold for a couple of days now.. i've even lost my voice.. i think the ol' cough-cold thing is going around anyway.. i don't reckon you have swine flu since you don't state that you feel "fluey".. just relax for a couple of days and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Everyone with a mild cold thinks they have swine flu, I'm sure you will be fine but get a lot of rest and search for symptons of swine flu, check you don't have them.

ReputationRep:
    if you think you might have it do not go to your doctor
    phone your gp or phone the nhs

hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    You should see your doctor just incase but don't swine flu symptoms include diorrhoea and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    chlamydia

ReputationRep:
    Wait a few days to see how it goes. If symptoms get worse (ie fever, headache, nausea, diarrhoea) or persist DON'T GO TO SEE YOUR GP - call them instead.

ReputationRep:
    SWINE FLU!?

I don't know what to do. I got a sore throat last night but at the time I thought it was because I had eaten too many crisps and they had been a bit harsh on the throat. Woken up with a runny nose. Haven't got a fever and I don't geel tired or anything...I just went shopping.

i'm in the same position as you had a sore throat and runny nose for two days now nd i'm really tired i'm just staying in my house....

ReputationRep:
    SWINE FLU!?

CALL YOUR GP!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.