Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! so i took a btec first diploma that i recently finished in june and was told my results (a distinction) because it's all marked internally. i also applied for university this year through ucas because i was told by my tutor that as i'm a mature student at 22, i didn't necessarily need to fill the standard requirements to go to uni. i was given a conditional acceptance to the uni that i applied to but the condition is that i successfully complete my current course, which i have, but i don't get the certificate until august 26th. plus, once i get it i'll have to send a copy to the university for verification which too, will take a few days. so what i'm wondering is, is there any way that i can prove to the university that i have before then? i'm going to be doing a foundation degree and it starts at the start of september and not being able to arrange accommodation and stuff until the end of the august really doesn't give me a lot of time to sort things out. any help in this matter would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroine)
    hey guys! so i took a btec first diploma that i recently finished in june and was told my results (a distinction) because it's all marked internally. i also applied for university this year through ucas because i was told by my tutor that as i'm a mature student at 22, i didn't necessarily need to fill the standard requirements to go to uni. i was given a conditional acceptance to the uni that i applied to but the condition is that i successfully complete my current course, which i have, but i don't get the certificate until august 26th. plus, once i get it i'll have to send a copy to the university for verification which too, will take a few days. so what i'm wondering is, is there any way that i can prove to the university that i have before then? i'm going to be doing a foundation degree and it starts at the start of september and not being able to arrange accommodation and stuff until the end of the august really doesn't give me a lot of time to sort things out. any help in this matter would be appreciated.
    Have you had any sort of confirmation that you've finished your course? Any final results or anything yet?

Failing that contact the university for advice. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    Have you had any sort of confirmation that you've finished your course? Any final results or anything yet?

Failing that contact the university for advice. :woo:

well, i don't know if my college is just disorganized or what but at the end of the course, i had a meeting with my tutor, she went through my final results with me and then said i could come back and collect my certificate on august 26th.. that was pretty much it. so i really don't know what to do. i did contact the university and they said just to post a copy of my certificate to them on august 26th as it's their policy not to accept without proof.. which really doesn't help me with the accommodation factor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroine)
    well, i don't know if my college is just disorganized or what but at the end of the course, i had a meeting with my tutor, she went through my final results with me and then said i could come back and collect my certificate on august 26th.. that was pretty much it. so i really don't know what to do. i did contact the university and they said just to post a copy of my certificate to them on august 26th as it's their policy not to accept without proof.. which really doesn't help me with the accommodation factor
    Sounds like you just have to wait, then.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel should forward the results to your uni before August 26th. If you have a copy of the results from your college, you can email them that as proof for the uni (ask if they'll accept this) so you can arrange accommodation and finance, etc, with the proviso you go in with the certificate to confirm results when you get it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    Edexcel should forward the results to your uni before August 26th. If you have a copy of the results from your college, you can email them that as proof for the uni (ask if they'll accept this) so you can arrange accommodation and finance, etc, with the proviso you go in with the certificate to confirm results when you get it .
    i wasn't given a copy of my results, i was just told them and i'm thinking maybe that was some kind of error on the college's part so i'm going to email my tutor (i know she's still responding to emails though it's summer because i emailed her to tell her about the conditional offer and got a reply) and maybe she'll help me in getting some kind of proof and then like you said, i can show them the certificate when i get it. failing that i guess i'll be waiting until the end of august like kexy said. thanks for your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.