Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...the historical house price data from HBOS and the government (land registry? ONS? i dunno), in excel format. do not want nationwide.

will rep. cool. back in an hour.

ReputationRep:
    i await all the IB people to say google and stop being a lazy ******* but because it's chewwy, they're not

ReputationRep:
    From HBOS.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls historic_data_30_06_09.xls (1.06 MB, 120 views)

ReputationRep:
    It's a Sunday... what the **** are you doing with house price data?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    i await all the IB people to say google and stop being a lazy ******* but because it's chewwy, they're not
    Chewwy, FFS, you lazy **** go'n Google it!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    i'm offering 'payment' in return for a 'good'. the free-marketeers that peruse this forum love that kind of ****.
    (Original post by Benh842)
    It's a Sunday... what the **** are you doing with house price data?
    desks other than my own have suggested i do things for them. i don't have enough hours in the week to do it then.

anyway, thanks kexy. that's a bucketload of data.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Good to know I'm not the only one with work to do at the weekend.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be us.

ReputationRep:
    The weekends are sacred (unless you're in IB). I just work longer hours in the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    Only sucks if you hate the work :p:
    Going to be initiating on masses of stocks soon, so I'm currently doing lots of background work. Going to be a while till the sexy stuff (modelling and valuation)

(Original post by Benh842)
    The weekends are sacred (unless you're in IB). I just work longer hours in the week.
    Unfortunately I can be reached via blackberry (I dare not turn it off)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    Unfortunately I can be reached via blackberry (I dare not turn it off)
    Muahahahaha... bet you thought you were cool when you got your hands on it!!!

I highly recommend pivot tables. And lots of them. Might be something to learn quickly if you don't already have a handle on them. Makes this kind of thing a lot easier to analyse.

ReputationRep:
    To quote a senior trader, 'If you're working weekends around here, you aren't good enough at your job.'

I'd rather add a couple of hours per weekday if I get bundled with a lot of work than shatter the work/life separation on weekends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClickItBack)
    To quote a senior trader, 'If you're working weekends around here, you aren't good enough at your job.'

I'd rather add a couple of hours per weekday if I get bundled with a lot of work than shatter the work/life separation on weekends.
    You expressed this better than me.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.