Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you tell when a girl is on her period? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    Either I'm very lucky or girls really do make too much of the whole period thing, I don't get PMS/PMT or whatever you want to call it, may get a little stomach ache for 1 day and all done by day 3.

I do think periods are used as a big excuse for girls to be nasty and *****y sometimes, not only to men but other girls too.
    You're very lucky. I have extremely painful periods that on the first day often leave me bedridden for about 24 hours trying not to be sick, and that's with a four or five day lead up of uncontrollable mood swings. I usually recognise when I've got PMS though, and I try to either let people know that that's the reason I'm acting grumpy, or to avoid situations where I'm likely to unleash a bout of undeserved rage on some poor unfortunate crossing my path. Once it's going it really can be impossible to control, though.

ReputationRep:
    I get bad stomach aches and walk around clutching my stomach if I'm not clutching a pillow on the sofa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by music788)
    Generally if blood is flowing out of their vagina, then yes, that means they are on their period.
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    Either I'm very lucky or girls really do make too much of the whole period thing, I don't get PMS/PMT or whatever you want to call it, may get a little stomach ache for 1 day and all done by day 3.

I do think periods are used as a big excuse for girls to be nasty and *****y sometimes, not only to men but other girls too.
    I have PMDD and trust me, it's not an excuse. I would give anything to be able to relate to people normally directly before and during my period, and while things like going on the pill and changing my diet have helped to the point where I no longer feel suicidal, I still get intense feelings of isolation and inability to deal with my emotions.

It sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's something that all girls have to go through. Although everyone has sympathy for them, I don't think they have the right to take out their anger/moodiness on others when they're having them. So can you tell when girls are having them?

no, unless she slaps you in the face for being annoying

ReputationRep:
    When I hear the period alarm, I climb in my car and hit the defense button...

http://blogs.sun.com/kevin/resource/Tesla_coil.jpg

ReputationRep:
    It's something that all girls have to go through. Although everyone has sympathy for them, I don't think they have the right to take out their anger/moodiness on others when they're having them. So can you tell when girls are having them?
    Yes you can actually girls become bloated on the time of their period because of the extra water, fluid e.c.t so if your girl becomes slighter bigger around the waste, bottom and boobs you can tell. There are other signs like facial signs like sometimes our skin actually become better sometimes more radiant and some get spots.

ReputationRep:

It's not the same for everyone, so yes you are very lucky. I got the most horrendous PMS before I started with the pill. Won't go into detail but when you're barely capable of getting out of bed or standing upright because you're in so much pain, I think you're perfectly entitled to not being your most cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    does it matter? get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. Don't ever have sex. With. A girl. On. Her. Period.

They. Lie.

Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends once told me he can tell when it's my time of the month straight away, as my eyes "go a lot greener". You can wtf all you like, but he's been bang on so far :eek:

(Original post by ADREAM)
    Urgh. Don't ever have sex. With. A girl. On. Her. Period.

They. Lie.

Urgh.
    Sex is soooo good when our on lol

ReputationRep:
    Sex is soooo good when our on lol
    :no:

Urgh. Don't remind me of that hellish night, please. Blood. Everywhere. Urgh. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone do this, it's usually boys who are all like 'oh calm down dear, are you on your period' when you're just having day-to-day angry moments as anybody does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    I have PMDD and trust me, it's not an excuse. I would give anything to be able to relate to people normally directly before and during my period, and while things like going on the pill and changing my diet have helped to the point where I no longer feel suicidal, I still get intense feelings of isolation and inability to deal with my emotions.

It sucks
    Can PMS make a you feel suicidal?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

Uch... We don't get To CHOOSE to be moody or not, we have no control over it!

and well i guess your hardly ever in the best of moods when you've just been kicked in the nuts so.... sympathise more, complain less! :P

and yeh, guys are rubbish at telling.... soon as a girl gets slightest bit annoyed (even with perfectly good provocation) I get asked "that time of the month?"

Soo irritating ! lol

ReputationRep:
    omg absolute cringe reading these comments... omg ewww i sure as hell hope not... and tbh i dont think people can tell. Dont lie boys u know u can't tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    :no:

Urgh. Don't remind me of that hellish night, please. Blood. Everywhere. Urgh. :sad:
    I've had sex during my period several times and it's always been fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with my standard answer to all periods threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH0dM9y26Zo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    I've had sex during my period several times and it's always been fine.
    Really? Maybe it wasn't her period then? :dontknow:

Maybe I should just have sex with you instead. :coma:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.